6 inch Movie THOR and Cap!

jahue

You're correct. The SDCC Thor is gonna be the Marvel Legends Modern Thor by Hasbro also known as Marvel Legends #0 he's supposed to be a preview of what we're gonna get in 2012 when Marvel Legends relaunches. The figure shown here does seem to be a genuine 6" Movie Thor but I'll guess we'll find out soon enough.

I wonder if they are going to be exclusives like the Walmart Iron Man fiugres. If you recall the tony with sunglasses was revealed with Robert Downey Jr. Holding his figure up. I guess we just have to play the waiting game. I wish we had a better look at the Captain America figure. He does not have his mask which gives me hope that he comes with two heads and if that's the case I am hoping Thor comes with a head with his helmet or just a regular helmet.

i dont know it could be just e present for the actors if you ask me. hasbro said nothing about those guys in a 6insh scale. could be but i doubt it.

trust me Hasbro is not going to spend money tooling figures to give away to actors. They did this last year with iron man. We saw the sunglass tony, but there was no immediate announcement. TNI actually used the lack of knowledge abou it in an April Fool's joke saying the figure was an SDCC exclusive and only 300 were made and that it would come in a doughnut shaped box.

• 2 weeks later...

I really wish they would release some news about these figures. I only collect the 6 inchers and so the stores have nothing for me right now. I do hope Thor has his Helmet

You're correct. The SDCC Thor is gonna be the Marvel Legends Modern Thor by Hasbro also known as Marvel Legends #0 he's supposed to be a preview of what we're gonna get in 2012 when Marvel Legends relaunches. The figure shown here does seem to be a genuine 6" Movie Thor but I'll guess we'll find out soon enough.

Are there any pics of this?

• 1 month later...

this is from the fwoosh interview with marvel

We know Heroic Age Thor and Iron Man Legends are coming out this year, but when are you going to give us more details on 6-inch figures for the Thor and Cap movies? Throw us a bone here!

There will in fact be some exclusive 6” figures coming out to celebrate both films. You’ve probably already seen some images of the 6” Cap and Thor Movie Figures with Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans at 2011 Toy Fair. High res images will be forthcoming for all of these very shortly, but we’ll have to ask that you wait just a little longer!

• 3 weeks later...

To go with a WWII Era Captain America, I'm thinking about ordering some of these Plan B figures. It'd be cool to have a squad of authentic looking troops to back him up.

That is an awesome idea. I might steal it.

I wish Hasbro would release some info about these figures already. I really do not get them. With Thor out today you would think they would want a 6 inch fiugre out there with all the exposure right now, but not only is he not out, but there is not even any info on the figure. That means we probably wont see this figure until end of summer at the earliest. It just sounds like a bad business model to me, but what do I know.

To go with a WWII Era Captain America, I'm thinking about ordering some of these Plan B figures. It'd be cool to have a squad of authentic looking troops to back him up.

I wish Hasbro would release some info about these figures already. I really do not get them. With Thor out today you would think they would want a 6 inch fiugre out there with all the exposure right now, but not only is he not out, but there is not even any info on the figure. That means we probably wont see this figure until end of summer at the earliest. It just sounds like a bad business model to me, but what do I know.

yea I would want one with a removable helmet hasbro can do it, x3 juggernaut, gigantic battles frost giant but yea this is bs last year I had war machine and mark vi before the iron man 2 came out, I HATE HASBRO SO MUCH THIS YEAR!! they dont acknowledge their customers, mattel is so kicking their asses right now, we know about sdcc mattel exclusives, what about hasbro? not a damn thing F@&K U Hasbro!!

yea I would want one with a removable helmet hasbro can do it, x3 juggernaut, gigantic battles frost giant but yea this is bs last year I had war machine and mark vi before the iron man 2 came out, I HATE HASBRO SO MUCH THIS YEAR!! they dont acknowledge their customers, mattel is so kicking their asses right now, we know about sdcc mattel exclusives, what about hasbro? not a damn thing F@&K U Hasbro!!

And the thing about it is the fact that it is just plain weird. Mattel will be coy about revealing specifics about certain figures with not confirming them, but we have already seen the figures.

Hasbro: hey why don't we have the two main actors play with their 6 inch toys take pictures with them at a public event and then not mention anything about them until after their films come out.

Other Hasbro guy: Brilliant! why didn't I think of that

Yeah it really is ridiculous. I can see them holding out releasing the Cap figure, the movie isn't even out yet, but Thor??? Why wouldn't they want that out by now? I'm really thinking of just getting the Marvel Select Thor and Loki. How tall are they? 7 inches right? I can live with them being a bit taller since their gods and all.