mortal combat

shokker

I don't know what is so hard about this franchise, but we haven't hard any real, proper MK figures, same goes for SF. There just doesn't seem to be much love for figures based on video games, which is a shame, since I love games so much

welllllll technically SOTA did the SF series pretty damn good and it lasted a good 5 waves along with original variants and alt player colors as well. It seems its not so much video game based figures because we have a crap ton of great figures based on video games such as gears of war, dead space, bioshock, and others... mostly made by NECA but they are damn good. Its more the idea that FIGHTING games dont really get the figures that they should. Id love some Tekken, Soul Calbur and actual GOOD MK figures hell even King of Fighters figures. There so many characters in these series and such a selection to choose from.

I don't know what is so hard about this franchise, but we haven't hard any real, proper MK figures, same goes for SF. There just doesn't seem to be much love for figures based on video games, which is a shame, since I love games so much

welllllll technically SOTA did the SF series pretty damn good and it lasted a good 5 waves along with original variants and alt player colors as well. It seems its not so much video game based figures because we have a crap ton of great figures based on video games such as gears of war, dead space, bioshock, and others... mostly made by NECA but they are damn good. Its more the idea that FIGHTING games dont really get the figures that they should. Id love some Tekken, Soul Calbur and actual GOOD MK figures hell even King of Fighters figures. There so many characters in these series and such a selection to choose from.

Well I guess my thinking is more along the lines that I couldn't get any SF figures if I wanted to, not with ease anyway. Yeah the SOTA figures are out there, but unless I turn to ebay or amazon, I wont see it. The Bioshock line was fun, but honestly it took so long to get the second wave out, that I was done with it before it even came out. I will say Gears seems to be able to stick around, them and HALO, but beyond that, I cant think of any franchise with sustainable interest/figures release. But you are right, we do need some more fighting figures.

Why can't MK be a decent toy line? The characters are there! The fan base is there! Stop half-assing it Jazzwares!

Well I guess my thinking is more along the lines that I couldn't get any SF figures if I wanted to, not with ease anyway. Yeah the SOTA figures are out there, but unless I turn to ebay or amazon, I wont see it. The Bioshock line was fun, but honestly it took so long to get the second wave out, that I was done with it before it even came out. I will say Gears seems to be able to stick around, them and HALO, but beyond that, I cant think of any franchise with sustainable interest/figures release. But you are right, we do need some more fighting figures.

Why can't MK be a decent toy line? The characters are there! The fan base is there! Stop half-assing it Jazzwares!

It seems that most video game based figures just have one shots. Like one or 2 main characters and then they are done. (and this is mostly due to NECA because i cant think of any other company that does video game figures aside from mcfarlanes HALO series) They dont have enough interesting characters in the game to warrant any more. Honestly I feel that Bioshocks figs shouldve stopped at the intial first wave. All you really want are the big daddies for the most part. I mean i do love the inclusion of the splicers but they arent that interesting to have IMO. Other games such as assassins creed have more than one wave but they are mostly consisting of different iterations of Ezio spanning all the games hes in. Fighting games seem to have ALOT of characters to choose from and they seem perfect to have a continued line of figs for years. Most of those characters are fan favorites and want to be made.

I didnt realize how hard it is to find SOTA SF figs nowadays. I was there day one of all the releases so i was able to get all the unique characters and some of their variants by pre ordering them. Definitely my favorite of most of my collection.

It seems that most video game based figures just have one shots. Like one or 2 main characters and then they are done. (and this is mostly due to NECA because i cant think of any other company that does video game figures aside from mcfarlanes HALO series) They dont have enough interesting characters in the game to warrant any more. Honestly I feel that Bioshocks figs shouldve stopped at the intial first wave. All you really want are the big daddies for the most part. I mean i do love the inclusion of the splicers but they arent that interesting to have IMO. Other games such as assassins creed have more than one wave but they are mostly consisting of different iterations of Ezio spanning all the games hes in. Fighting games seem to have ALOT of characters to choose from and they seem perfect to have a continued line of figs for years. Most of those characters are fan favorites and want to be made.

I didnt realize how hard it is to find SOTA SF figs nowadays. I was there day one of all the releases so i was able to get all the unique characters and some of their variants by pre ordering them. Definitely my favorite of most of my collection.

Yeah everyone that has them say that the SOTA figures are some of their faves, and truth be told, they do look pretty cool! Ive never had anything from SOTA, infact I cant think of any other figures the do besides SF. NECA really does do the one-shot, video games figures, and that is ok with me. I doubt I would have ever gotten a Ryu from Ninja Gaiden if not for NECA, and honestly there isn't anyone from those games I would want besides him anyway, so I guess it's really a mixed bag. I agree about Bioshock should have been stopped after wave 1, because we didnt get any more here in my neck of the woods until like 7 months later, long after the hype of the game was gone and I had already sold my copy of it. I did get the big daddy, and I may probably get a Rosie at some point, but no interest in splicers...

I was at TRU the other day and noticed they have dropped the price on the Classic 3 3/4 figures from the crazy $15 (actually, 16.49 at my nearest store!) to the still pricey $9.99.

I got Scorpion from BBTS, the paint was pretty crappy. These figures are just not that great and I love Mortal Kombat.

Haven't seen the newest MK 9 figures yet - Raiden, Reptile and Baraka. And I still haven't seen the ninja 6-pack in stores anywhere, though TRU.com has it in stock. They had the new singles wave but they are all out of stock now.

This line should be great but it's just not.

ok guys, you want better mortal kombat figures then check sysco's facebook page. they are considering to do great neca like mortal kombat figures and need 300 likes to jump on the project. now is the time. i allready gave them a like and we arent far away. they are at 192 likes right now.

ok guys, you want better mortal kombat figures then check sysco's facebook page. they are considering to do great neca like mortal kombat figures and need 300 likes to jump on the project. now is the time. i allready gave them a like and we arent far away. they are at 192 likes right now.

Ill have to remember this when I get home, cant get on facebook here at work...

Ill have to remember this when I get home, cant get on facebook here at work...

toyark has a direct link to it. i dont know how to post links, lol

nightwolf looks awesome and shao khan is coming. i want to get these but right now i dont know where i am at. if syco is intended to do better figures then why should i get these? time will tell i guess. i am ok with the recent work and they even had a nice display on hand. also shang tsung comes with two soldiers/slaves. thats the kind of stuff i like. you can create a world with things like this.

Some weenie from Jazwares actually posted on the Syco collectibles facebook page, and he started whining about everyone bashing their figures. He said something to the extent of Syco's statues being overpriced, and that the real fun is with Jazwares and their cheap figures. icon_lol.gif

I think the posts are removed now. I guess it won't be too long before Jazwares loses the MK license entirely.

Some weenie from Jazwares actually posted on the Syco collectibles facebook page, and he started whining about everyone bashing their figures. He said something to the extent of Syco's statues being overpriced, and that the real fun is with Jazwares and their cheap figures. icon_lol.gif

I think the posts are removed now. I guess it won't be too long before Jazwares loses the MK license entirely.

ha thats a good one. thats something jazwares never figured in all these years. it isnt a kids line and it shouldnt be cheap. this is a collectors line and they should have invested a little into it. neca style was the answer. with all the fans saying what to do, they still ignored us and now they cry about it. well kind of happy with line do. cant wait to see if syco does something better.

well kind of happy with line do. cant wait to see if syco does something better.

Honestly anything is better than the crap that Jazzwares produces. Im still mindboggled that they got the license to continue to produce S@#t figures like they have. I mean they had the Deception/Shaolin Monks line and most of them were terrible. Did they really sell that well that they were able to make even MORE figures to the poing of doing 4 inch/6 inch single, triple, quadruple packs and massive waves of figures??? I mean seriously, I ve wanted to want to buy some of these figures but cant seem to because of how crappy they are and look and those prices.. good god what the hell is wrong with them? Its like they thing they are hot $h!t now or something. Make them look better and maybe just maybe theyd be worth those pricetags.... but not from what they look like now.

I could deal with the quality of the sculpt and paint if they weren't insanely overpriced. Those 4" figures should be no more than $7, but they were more than double that price for a while. Now they're $9.99 and still not worth it. I don't know what Jazzwares is thinking. I'm more than happy to buy their product, but not if they're trying to rip us off. Just ridiculous.

If they want to charge the crazy action figure prices of today, they need to deliver a much better product AND accessories.

I found the 4 inch Raiden and Reptile at Ross yesterday for 5.99. Didn't see Baraka, though. I've yet to see them at TRU - or the ninja 6-pack.

Crazy how TRU wanted 14.99 for some of these figs (jacked up to $16.49 at my local TRU!), and yet they are now selling for $5.99. They are pretty cool figures at that price.

I found the 4 inch Raiden and Reptile at Ross yesterday for 5.99. Didn't see Baraka, though. I've yet to see them at TRU - or the ninja 6-pack.

Crazy how TRU wanted 14.99 for some of these figs (jacked up to $16.49 at my local TRU!), and yet they are now selling for $5.99. They are pretty cool figures at that price.

Some type of clearance maybe?