mortal combat

shokker

More 4 inchers

classic Scorpion

http://www.toysrus.c...c=prodCrossSell

classic Sub-Zero

http://www.toysrus.c...c=prodCrossSell

There is also Baraka & Johnny Cage(no pic yet).

There is a pic of Baraka and he looks AWFUL.... http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11842727

I really want that classic ninja pack bad but from what you guys are saying its pretty hideous. I have yet to see any of these in stores yet tho. I also want the cybers but like i said still havent seen them in stores. Havent been to a TRU in a while tho, thinking i will check it after the holidays.

The four pack ninjas really have a "Dollar Store Knockoff" look to them IMO. I am really happy with with my 4" cybers though, really cool figs. I hope they make a Kung Lao he's my favorite character.

i just ordered cage on ebay. i love these figures. ok they have problems but its mortal kombat. the 6inch 4 pack isnt that terrible. the head sculpts are a little off but i hope i can solve it with a little paint or wash. the hands seem to big but i guess its that way so that they can hold the friendship doll. should have done it the other way around. smaller puppet and smaller hands but its a nice touch do. i preordered them at bbts. if i dont like them then i sell them. sad that jazwares doesnt deliver in europe but what the hell. cant wait to get them. man classic style ninjas.

• 4 weeks later...

so i got my 6 insh cage figure and i like him a lot. articulations are loose once you try a few poses but i just put some warhammer black wash between the leg articulation and they are not loose anymore. so not a perfect figure but great as it is. just ordered some 4insh figures, bbts has them just in. all based on mk9. the line up is

reptile

scorpion

sub-zero

raiden

baraka

cant wait for reptile. he is my favorite and the figure seem to look great. cant wait to get them.

Just got 4 inch reptile,subzero,and baraka of http://www.puzzlezoo.com/index.aspx for bout 10 bucks each it only took 3 days to get to me and I must say there not bad figures all together except the Baraka looks alot like sloth but im satisfied all together. Never bought of site but highly recomend it decent prices,good selection on some items, and awesome shipping.

soooo I visited my local toys r us today and finally saw these in person... WOW ... they suck. just about all of them do. I love how the mk 1 ninja set all have the worried look like dont kill me im innocent, im sorry for punching you face. who the hell approves these things? the robot ninjas were just barely acceptable to me. Didnt look horrible but they want a crap ton of money for these things...

I had 9 bucks worth of jeffery bucks or whatever with my rewards card there and they didn't really have anything that I HAD to have (theres a first time for everything!) and it was set to expire today, so I had to get something. They had all the mortal kombat stuff there, the 6", the 4", the ninja packs, everything. Not one of them peaked my interest in the least bit. Underwhelmed doesnt really describe how I felt by them. The ninja pack of like 4 figures was especially piss poor. It looks like something that stepped out of 1992 with the lack of detail painting and the subpar sculpt. Seriously, these weren't even appealling with the thought of them being free, or atleast with 9 bucks off. Really piss poor job on these!

This:

MortalKombat-classic-costume-Set.jpg

• Like 1

I had 9 bucks worth of jeffery bucks or whatever with my rewards card there and they didn't really have anything that I HAD to have (theres a first time for everything!) and it was set to expire today, so I had to get something. They had all the mortal kombat stuff there, the 6", the 4", the ninja packs, everything. Not one of them peaked my interest in the least bit. Underwhelmed doesnt really describe how I felt by them. The ninja pack of like 4 figures was especially piss poor. It looks like something that stepped out of 1992 with the lack of detail painting and the subpar sculpt. Seriously, these weren't even appealling with the thought of them being free, or atleast with 9 bucks off. Really piss poor job on these!

This:

I think they dont look completely horrible (or maybe i just want them to be good since there hasnt been any really good mk figs out ever) and that pack is probably the best theyve brought out(not saying much) and i still couldnt buy them because of their worried looks like please dont hurt me facial expressions. WTF... altho i dont know why i didnt come to just expect this when i knew jazwares were doing them. And they are doing street fighter figs like this too... they look like ass as well IMO.

heres a question tho, why didnt you use that 9 bucks to go towards a game or something? whenever i have tru bucks and theres no figs there of interest i always rely on the games area as a secondary area.

This:

I think they dont look completely horrible (or maybe i just want them to be good since there hasnt been any really good mk figs out ever) and that pack is probably the best theyve brought out(not saying much) and i still couldnt buy them because of their worried looks like please dont hurt me facial expressions. WTF... altho i dont know why i didnt come to just expect this when i knew jazwares were doing them. And they are doing street fighter figs like this too... they look like ass as well IMO.

heres a question tho, why didnt you use that 9 bucks to go towards a game or something? whenever i have tru bucks and theres no figs there of interest i always rely on the games area as a secondary area.

I read on the fine print it said it couldn't be used towards any games or game accessories. There was a bunch of other stuff I couldnt use it towards, mostly baby stuff, but that is why. Plus Ive got enough games to last me a while so I don't want to add any to the pile. I got 18 reward dollars to spend and they send me $9 good from like jan 1-13 and then $9 more for 14-30. Kinda lame, but whatever,

Yeah they for sure have that "dollar store knock-off" look to them. I wish there were some cool MK figures too, and I am sure, with time, someone will get them right, but for now, these figures aren;t doing anything for me.

Got the classic 3 3/4 Reptile last night. He is pretty sweet. Its amazing how crappy the 6 inch ones are and how nice these are! @loll@

Draven

Yeah that is probably the one nice thing I can say about this line is the 3 3/4" looked better then the 6". Kinda sad really

I saw a ton of the 4" Mortal Kombat Klassic ninjas today at TRU. Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Reptile, and Noob. They had one full peg last week (8 figures or so). This week they had at least four.

I stopped by TRU today, and they still had all those 4" MK Klassic ninjas. I didn't look too hard, but it seemed like they hadn't sold any in two weeks. I did notice the pricetag, though, which explains it: $14.99 each.

FIFTEEN DOLLARS FOR A 4" ACTION FIGURE WITH NO ACCESSORIES.

I've always given Jazwares the benefit of the doubt, but they must be smoking something crazy if they think that's a good MSRP.

• Like 1

I saw a ton of the 4" Mortal Kombat Klassic ninjas today at TRU. Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Reptile, and Noob. They had one full peg last week (8 figures or so). This week they had at least four.

I stopped by TRU today, and they still had all those 4" MK Klassic ninjas. I didn't look too hard, but it seemed like they hadn't sold any in two weeks. I did notice the pricetag, though, which explains it: $14.99 each.

I've always given Jazwares the benefit of the doubt, but they must be smoking something crazy if they think that's a good MSRP.

Yeah it's pretty crazy for figures that seem to be "average" at best. Really Jazwares hasnt shown me anything worth getting, which is a shame, because I would love some decent MK figures. Guess Ill have to wait a few years for another company to pick it up.

Since one get get almost two Joes with bunch of accesories and better articulation and quality.

i am ok with them. right now i prefer the 3 3/4 line but paint is a mess with these. to be honest i enjoy them rather then the mcfarlane walking dead serie. the year just started but i believe these are the worst toys ever for 2012. oh wait mcf does a second wave to the tv series. i hope to get some more mk before this line is done. i need some good guys with all the ninjas hanging around raiden.

i am ok with them. right now i prefer the 3 3/4 line but paint is a mess with these. to be honest i enjoy them rather then the mcfarlane walking dead serie. the year just started but i believe these are the worst toys ever for 2012. oh wait mcf does a second wave to the tv series. i hope to get some more mk before this line is done. i need some good guys with all the ninjas hanging around raiden.

Yeah man, I am with you on the Walking Dead being lame... I really want to like them, but the 5" scale kills it, plus the price of 15 is just too much for me. If I can get a 7" Predator figure or a 5" Walking Dead for the same price, I am going with what gives me more for my buck. I would have to be pretty hard up on figures to get any of the walking dead, which is too bad since I love the comics and show...

maybe a little hope over the horizon. sysco, the guys who do the great statues of mortal kombat is asking fans about mortal kombat figures. maybe it doesnt mean anything but who knows. they never did action figures before i guess but there is a start for everyone. lets wait and see.