mortal combat

shokker

its very true... those jazzwares figures look like fresh dropped poop..... it is truly ashame... but I guess we should learn by now since Jazzwares is taking up the license again. :/

Would you expect any more from Jazzwares? It baffles me why big companies with popular franchises even give the rights to such a low quality company.

Sad thing is these turds will probably sell like hotcakes.

Unfortunately Mortal Kombat suffers from the same blind fanboyism that Sonic fans display as well. While they may not be vocal on most forums these blind fanboys will buy anything that has Mortal Kombat on it. These guys even loved the hell out of Mortal Kombat vs DC. Just check out some of the ridiculous prices on ebay for some of the old Jazwares MK figures. The figures were mediocre yet some fanboys will actually buy them. Don't get me started on the Sonic fanboys that pay $80+ for toy island figures.

Luckily for Street Fighter and Megaman the fans are more picky and will not settle for subpar quality. Jazwares will most likely not be able to sell those figures very well and thus lose the licenses.

I must be a rare breed because I liked most of the Jazwares MK figures. The figures aren't on the level of DC Universe and Marvel Legends but I do enjoy the ones I have. For the price they were, it was standard, they cost less than DC Universe/Marvel Legends and they had less a little less articulation. Can't wait to get mine especially the Raiden figure which I hope is an improvement over the original which was one of the few I didn't like.

I must be a rare breed because I liked most of the Jazwares MK figures. The figures aren't on the level of DC Universe and Marvel Legends but I do enjoy the ones I have. For the price they were, it was standard, they cost less than DC Universe/Marvel Legends and they had less a little less articulation. Can't wait to get mine especially the Raiden figure which I hope is an improvement over the original which was one of the few I didn't like.

My problem is how lackluster these are. They look like cheap McDonalds Happy Meal toys for crying out loud! Mortal Kombat is THE fighting video game to me, these figures look incredibly forgettable. Aren't these prototype figures supposed to have better paint apps too? If what is show in those pictures in the best quality that these can be, then it's a pass for me.

http://toynewsi.com/...38&itemid=17386

They look better than the 6 inch figures...

and thats not saying much.... they look more cartoonish... the cybers are 'ok' but something about the ninjas... just not digging these AT ALL.

My problem is how lackluster these are. They look like cheap McDonalds Happy Meal toys for crying out loud! Mortal Kombat is THE fighting video game to me, these figures look incredibly forgettable. Aren't these prototype figures supposed to have better paint apps too? If what is show in those pictures in the best quality that these can be, then it's a pass for me.

I don't like the look of the 4 inch but the 6 inch line is fine to me so far. I think they meshed well with the other 6 inch lines out there. Also I am not the biggest Mortal Kombat fan, my fandom literally stopped at the second game, hated the third and never played any of the others since then. I do like the property and idea of MK but I don't follow or consider myself the biggest fan.

I got nothing wrong with someone liking those earlier figures. They were like 4.99 a piece, and the final releases were like 7.99 to 9.99 a piece. You get what you pay for. However, seeing them go for over $50 is just insane. I can't believe anyone would pay that much for these below average figures. It'd probably be cheaper to have someone make you a custom figure.

yeah total pass for me too. they look like cartoon figures. i dont really understand it because lets face it. the game is for adults so i would say the toys can only be made for the collector market and not for kids. just by looking at them, i think the old ones were better looking then these animated figures. sektor and cyrax look good but if i cant expect good figures on all of them then i pass. one day neca will get that license i believe and my hunger will be at ease when that day arrives. still waiting on reviews on the 6 insh figs do.

Well I guess the 6 in molds are finalized because they just announced and show their SDCC exclusive of raiden and its the same mold. :\ Good god that just looks bad.... like bad proportions and sculpts.... wtf.... makes me sad but it makes my wallet happy...

Well I guess the 6 in molds are finalized because they just announced and show their SDCC exclusive of raiden and its the same mold. :\ Good god that just looks bad.... like bad proportions and sculpts.... wtf.... makes me sad but it makes my wallet happy...

Clearly that Raiden was supposed to be the big, OMG, figure of the line to help make a splash but it falls extremely short. No interest, none at all!

Very sad now, the figures are smaller than the previous figures and are smaller than the standard 5 inch figs. They are more align with the movie masters line such as Batman and Ghostbusters from mattel

sad face!

Unfortunately, you can tell they were made on the cheap and Jazzwares is hoping MK fans will over look that

Very sad now, the figures are smaller than the previous figures and are smaller than the standard 5 inch figs. They are more align with the movie masters line such as Batman and Ghostbusters from mattel

sad face!

Unfortunately, you can tell they were made on the cheap and Jazzwares is hoping MK fans will over look that

For what it is worth I did like the others that came out previously, especially the last batch but sadly I must agree with you this time.

Mortal Kombat is one of those properties where instant cash is a certain. People still love the games and whoever owns the property has a huge roster of characters and alt costumes for longevity, but poor mistakes and cheap cost cutting measures only hinder the success of what could be. I am still getting these because I preordered but I am pissed now. Also none of these figures can do a front kick.....................wtc

I will buy them.

But if they don't make any women I will be selling them.

A Mortal Kombat line without Sonya is not a Mortal Kombat line I would care to display.

Jazwares has this old archaic mentality that female characters don't sell well in an action figure line. So it is unlikely Sonya will be made. If she does get made don't expect any other female characters though.

It took Jazwares a long time to make an Amy in the Sonic line and so far they have no plans to make any more girls except for a classic version of Amy.

i am pretty sure that jazwares allready confirmed a female character. i guess it was sonja. then again looking at thes figs, who wants to see that anyway. if the males are allready craptastic so what do we think the female turn out. i saw a little review on fwoosh and on a picture rayden seemed to be a head shorter then scorpion and sub zero. he was set up behind the both ninjas but he really looked small to me.