Starting MU

DSmith

I'm glad we're forming this support group for our addiction.

Picked up:

Thanos

Silver Centurion Iron Man

Heroic Age Captain America (hate the shield, though)

Heavy Artillery Captain America (great for a standard Cap, the MU ones look much more cartoony, so my Secret Wars Cap is gonna chill with the founding Avengers)

Dark Spider-Man & Dark Wolverine

Dark Hawkeye

Iron Patriot

A.I.M. Soldier (#3)

Guardsman (2 of them)

War Machine (Iron Man comic series)

My Avengers teams are shaping up nicely, with classic, East coast and West Coast and modern teams filling out. Really excited for the Quicksilver/Wonder Man 2pack and need to track down a black costume Ms. Marvel for a decent price.

Poor Invisible Woman is getting the short end of the stick again, only seeing her Future Foundation costume released. What about the Navy/White or Navy/Blue costumes? Phasing and Invisible variants? It's crazy!

I like that Wolvie in the MU line, not so much in the Marvel Select though. Can't wait for the Astonishing Wolvie to come out!

I picked up my first MU figure today.First appearance Wolverine.Very cool figure.I think that out of all the Wolvies' i have seen released,this one has a distinguished feel to him. Did i read somewhere on this thread that Target has the Falcon figure?

I am excited about my Hulk coming next week. I've not seen a MU Hulk out in the wild at all, so that is probably another reason I haven't gotten any yet (that and I don't look at the figures) If I like him enough, I will get a few more. I was focusing on minimates for Marvel, guess I'll switch over to MU for the time being.

Anyone got any other recommendations for a MU figure that won't cost me an arm and a leg? What about Captain American, which one is my best choice in terms of quality? Deadpool too

I like that Wolvie in the MU line, not so much in the Marvel Select though. Can't wait for the Astonishing Wolvie to come out!

I picked up my first MU figure today.First appearance Wolverine.Very cool figure.I think that out of all the Wolvies' i have seen released,this one has a distinguished feel to him. Did i read somewhere on this thread that Target has the Falcon figure?

I'm starting to see what people mean about these figures.There are so many different characters you almost feel obligated to keep snagging them up.I want to collect the bad -a@#es like Ghost Rider,Punisher,Black Spiderman and some of the cooler figures like Falcon,Daredevil,etc.

I am excited about my Hulk coming next week. I've not seen a MU Hulk out in the wild at all, so that is probably another reason I haven't gotten any yet (that and I don't look at the figures) If I like him enough, I will get a few more. I was focusing on minimates for Marvel, guess I'll switch over to MU for the time being.

Anyone got any other recommendations for a MU figure that won't cost me an arm and a leg? What about Captain American, which one is my best choice in terms of quality? Deadpool too

If I was looking for a good Captain America I'd look to the movie line. I don't know which Cap is the best, but I'm sure it comes from that line. Same thing with Deadpool, the best one is from the Wolverine movie line I bet. I think that one was re-released with Taskmaster, but I've never seen that two-pack at retail.

Go with the Captain America Movie line figures. Any of them. Here are a few of mine:

Battlefield Cap: http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

Heroic Age Cap (watch out for bad paint apps on this guy): http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

Super Combat Cap: http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

And here's the MU version (which I am not that fond of. Head is too small): http://www.flickr.co...157618690696615

Congrats on your hulk! I also agree with Big Bot84 about Deadpool. Grab the Deadpool Taskmaster 2-pack if you can find it. :)

The single-release MU Captain America is the Ultimate version (wingless head, grey armpits), and the Secret Wars 2pack Cap is the same body sculpt with a winged head but still looks cartoony (color scheme is really bright) and out of place with some other Avengers character releases in MU. There's been no single-packed release of a "standard" Cap in the MU line.

In all I've seen, the Heavy Artillery Captain America from the Comic Series of the movie line is a perfect standard Cap, really rich, vivid colors, a subtly metallic-looking shield that I found a flawless paint-job on. He goes really well with my go-to Iron Man, the classic red/yellow armor released in the IM2 movie line. The shield also has a peg that can plug in Cap's back as if he's wearing the shield when not in battle.

Heroic Age Cap is great too (minus the "action" shield, but I may buy a second Heavy Artillery Cap for the shield), but yes, watch for problematic paint apps.

Has anyone seen the comic-colored variant on the Hydra Trooper from the Captain America movie line? He's colored in green and bright yellow, versus the movie deco of green/black/brown.

Thanks for all the tips with the Captain America's guys, I will def be headed for the movie line, the MU version doesn't look quite right. Are MU figures, in general, getting better? I remember when the line started, and one of the things that turned me off, was that the line just kind of looked like crap. The sculpts didn't quite pop correct, infact I think I remember people complaining that Hasbro can make some awesome Star Wars and GI Joe's but they weren't handling Marvel very well.

It looks to be getting better. That Jim Lee Cyclops appears to have a base body that Hasbro will start to use more often in the future (and that's good). The recent larger figures are all really well done (Juggernaut, WWHulk, Apocalypse, Thanos). Those first figures were just awful.

For a great Captain America (Steve or Bucky), check out the new Target 2-packs. The regular Cap comes with the Winter Soldier and the Heroic Age Cap comes with a Crossbones repaint the has black guns instead of green and his shield is comic accurate. These are the movie series figures with nice repaints.

I never quite liked the look of MU in the beginning when they started hitting stores, but in this past year I've been drawn to them. Character selection caught my attention, definitely feels more dedicated to satisfying EVERY type of Marvel fan on some level, both classic and modern fans alike, and offering nuggets to fans of story arcs like Dark Avengers or Secret Wars or "Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends" (and I see it more in their release of the Ms. Lion accessory with Mary Jane's figure). Because of the small scale the fact that they do figures that are 12" and 19" means that the larger scaled figures are scaled better, and I am waiting until I have a good amount of spending money before getting Galactus, but I am SO excited to own him.

The rereleases and redesigns of costumes are easy because of the simple base bodies, but also give collectors a wealth of chances to have their favorite characters in their favorite costumes or from their favorite ERA of the character. Of course it's a ploy to sell more figures, but does that matter if you can actually find your characters easier? I was gonna get Moon Knight because I want to own EVERY Avenger ever, but the news of the Moon Knight/Ant-Man 2pack will make me wait, so I can have 2 characters. If you're patient and smart about your purchases, you don't need to spend too much money on repeat characters if you don't want to.

I feel like paint apps are the biggest problem, but it doesn't surprise me because it seems it would be a problem getting it right on figures so small. But articulation and sculpt have gotten a lot sharper since the start, accessories are usually well-chosen (except in these movie lines where Captain America is firing a red white and blue bazooka, etc).

Of course giving us so much of a good thing leaves me wanting more. I'm surprised we received a Giant-Size X-Men boxed set BEFORE the original team, especially since the First Class movie just came out. You'd think that'd be a natural tie-in, despite the fact the movie original class wasn't the actual original class. But that hasn't stopped companies before from riding a promotional tie-in for all it's worth. But thrilled to see Jim Lee's Jean Grey, classic Sunfire, upcoming Jubilee and Hercules (in MY favorite costume of his, not the one ML released him in), modern Luke Cage (with bling vanity necklace and removable skullcap!), Iron Man's hall of armors (through his excellent IM2 movie line!), U.S. Agent, classic Ultron, Enchantress, Wrecking Crew, AIM, Hydra, Hand, Skrulls, SHIELD... the list goes on forever. I don't regret getting into this line at all, and that's after spending thousands on Marvel Legends over the years on several of the same characters and incarnations. We even have FOUR incarnations of a side character like Captain Britain, who would have thought?!

From the look of the Marvel Legends revival, it seems they're now taking cues from their junior line, finally giving us characters like Klaw and Constrictor, when they debuted first in MU. Hopefully Jim Lee's Jean Grey won't be far behind in Marvel Legends scale.

For a great Captain America (Steve or Bucky), check out the new Target 2-packs. The regular Cap comes with the Winter Soldier and the Heroic Age Cap comes with a Crossbones repaint the has black guns instead of green and his shield is comic accurate. These are the movie series figures with nice repaints.

The only thing about that version of Heroic Age Cap is that it uses flat paint, NOT the metallic paint of the single-pack release. I think the metallic looks a lot sharper and more comic-accurate, IF you can find a good paint job. Fortunately stores have enough of these that you can choose the best paint job out of several in that store.

Ok got my MU WW Hulk yesterday in the mail, and all in all, it is a pretty solid figure. The sculpt is very good, the pain apps are all spot on, and the overall quality control is excellent. My only gripe would be that the weapons do not really fit his hands at all, they just kind of sit there or fall out. I have the ML WW Hulk still, and I always thought that was a well done figure, just like this one. I've actually brought it here to work, where he will sit on my desk for the week. Though it is strange having a figure that is so tiny, overall I am pleased with it.

if you guys want a really nice female figure pick up the ff box set. The invisible woman is pretty sweet.

I'd say it's probably the best Invisible Woman I've seen done. I didn't care for each of the ML releases for different reasons. Either the costume wasn't quite right or the face was fugly... or both. This MU one was executed quite nicely.

Really tempted top pick up a Ironman/Thor two pack at Target, think I will go back this week for it.

This 2-pack is much better imo with regards to paint color compared to their single-carded counterpart.

Really tempted top pick up a Ironman/Thor two pack at Target, think I will go back this week for it.

This 2-pack is much better imo with regards to paint color compared to their single-carded counterpart.

Yeah the colors really seemed to pop, I remember Ironman had metallic paint, which was a nice touch. It had the modern thor armor, I prefer the classic, but that looked really good too.

what two pack are you guys talking about?

Yeah the colors really seemed to pop, I remember Ironman had metallic paint, which was a nice touch. It had the modern thor armor, I prefer the classic, but that looked really good too.