We're Getting Sci-Fi !?!

DarthJoe

I don't know how many of you noticed this:

scifiFRONT__scaled_600.jpg

This picture just made my day. After looking over all of the disappointing (for the most part) Toy Fair images, this was freakin' awesome to see. Sci-Fi and Low-Light were the two figures I wanted most since the 25th line launched, and now my dreams are finally reality. :P @lol@

I love the extra head with the visor closed all the way.

Stalker and SS look nice too:

stormshadowFRONT__scaled_800.jpg

stalker__scaled_800.jpg

SS is amazing, on par with the poc commando se. Sci-fi is a little too bright for me, but i do dig the full visor'd helmet. Stalker, while cool, features the new head i don't like, and my previous stalker was pretty good, not sure i'll bite, but these are a long way away.

I to think Sci Fi is the best we have seen yet! I LOVE it! He was a fav of mine as a kid. It was actually the bright green that made me love him as a kid @loll@ Anyway really digging a lot of what I have seen!

Draven

Sci-Fi has always been one of my favorite characters, and he's the only neon wearing soldier in my Joe army.

Oh my gosh...I'm reminded of years ago, back in 1986 when I saw the original tiny picture of this new character called Sci-Fi on the back of the Dial-tone figure's cardback I think I got for Easter that year, and I was so intrigued by what I saw. My curiosity was piqued because the character was in such a cool pose with what looked like a cool weapon, uniform, and gear, but I couldn't make out exactly what he looked like or what his specialty might be. I always loved the original, but this new version...that's what I imagined when my mind went wild with possibilities as a kid as I looked at that cardback. Wow. That is a work of art indeed. And he has a removeable helmet?! Are you kidding me?! Also, it's so ironic that he comes with a helmet with a full visor; whenever I couldn't make out his face on that cardback, I wondered if the visor was a half or full-face one. Just how cool is that?! I'm quite speechless...

And y'know...I think a big part of these new figures' appeal is the great new wrist articulation; it just makes a world of difference when posing them with weapons.

I think for the first time in almost thirty years, Hasbro is about to surpass anything they did with RAH back in their heyday. I feel like I can say that with a fair amount of confidence. (lol) That Sci-Fi is just outstanding. Simply outstanding.

those are nice and after that SS they need to be done with Se and SS

Won't happen.

Fortunately you don't have to buy. I know I am done, done, DONE with Snake Eyes. If I need a cool one I'll dig out one of the 11 cool ones I already own.

oh i know and i am with ya on that my man. it just sucks that we are stuck with them. every line has to have so many of them and it takes away form cool characters we could get.

I don't think this was one character anyone expected to get(or had high on their want list) but when I saw the photos of it, it really brought a smile to my face. I had this one as a kid as well, and loved it. With all the disappointing repaints its nice to have these high points balance it out. I'm really looking forward to the future of GIJOE, and it's because hasbro is making toys like this one. So awesome. #US1#