X Men First Class trailer

yojoebro82

5. finally, I have to disagree wholeheartedly that the reason the movie is going to suck is because of lack of wolverine... or that wolverine is the only X-character interesting enough to revolve a movie around... I think most of the core X-men could hold their own movies.. I am not saying they would be big draws, but they are definitely interesting characters.. maybe you don't like them, but if you aren't an X-fan, then why are you even arguing in the first place?

I completely agree!

The Magneto/Prof. X relationship is very interesting and can be a compeling movie if done right (yes, that means even WITH a different first class than the comics had).

And even if it fails, don't we have to give them props? When was the last time they tried to do ANYTHING in X-Men without Wolverine? Comics, cartoons, movies.....ANYTHING???

Wait just a minute...are you guys saying this "first class" includes Iceman, Pyro, Cyclops, and Rogue? First of all, I was under the impression this new movie was based upon the continuity created by the films. If so, then it goes without saying that they messed up big time. We know from the first film that Rogue joined years later as a teen. Now I might be able to buy the fact that Colossus was perhaps older and had already been on the team for years; they never imply his age, unless I've just forgotten or missed something. But they seemed to depict Pyro and Iceman as teens like Rogue that had been ostracized by their families and had found refuge in Xavier's school fairly recently. That is, unless their aging process is somehow slowed down by their respective mutant genes. Otherwise I'm disappointed when filmmaker's make such glaring mistakes. And of course according to the events depicted in Wolverine Cyclops didn't join until the end of the film, so he couldn't have been a founding member either...again, according to the previous films' continuity this new film is supposed to be based upon.

Ahh...either way I like what I see so far. I was a sucker for the first three films, even X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I'm a sucker for prequel films that go back in time and portray the younger versions of well-established characters. It gives you a real sense of history and is alot of fun to watch...usually. (lol) I do like the younger versions of Xavier and Magneto, judging by the previews. I'm looking forward to seeing that dynamic play out.

I think you missunderstood some of us, the first class will not include iceman or pyro etc. That was the first film, which depicted some of them as young with a pre-established team.

I thought this was a revamping of the series.........is this just an intro to the other three movies.

I believe it is better saw as Fox pimping out another X-Men movie while they still have the rights. But maybe that's the cynic in me speaking.

I thought this was a revamping of the series.........is this just an intro to the other three movies.

I believe it is better saw as Fox pimping out another X-Men movie while they still have the rights. But maybe that's the cynic in me speaking.

Nah, you're merely telling it like it truly is.

It's been marketed as both, and it's been very deceptive. It sounds like the definitive answer is indeed both. It currently fits the classic movies but sequels to this movie that do not are possible. No that does not make sense, and sadly i don't have the interviews to qoute. can anyone help me out here?

I think it could be a good movie, but the introduction of characters that are totally not supposed to be there in that current timeline sucks!!! I would have preferred characters created solely for the movie that die off, and leave it open for them to introduce the established characters to come!! Oh well, I'll only see it if I hear good reviews from you guys!! I could care less about "critics". Us nerds are the true judges!! -_-

• Like 1

Either way it's looks pretty decent but of course trailers can be deceiving. I am interested in seeing this over Captain America which I will not pay for.

Wow, two negatives because I am not going to see Captain America, man some of you dudes are some serious stalkers..............

AGAIN, either way I can't wait to see this new X movie, really looking to see the development of Magneto. Also the trailer showing Banshee flying was pretty cool, he was a character I truly thought I would never see on the big screen.

supposedly theres a wolverine cameo....guy posted a review about the movie and mentioned that a hairy hero makes a cameo...i assumed it was wolverine

supposedly theres a wolverine cameo....guy posted a review about the movie and mentioned that a hairy hero makes a cameo...i assumed it was wolverine

A Wolverine cameo would be one thing...a Hugh Jackman Wolverine cameo would be pretty darn cool (even though I will not need Wolverine to enjoy the movie).

I am interested in seeing this over Captain America which I will not pay for.

I'll be willing to be you go back on this. Call it a hunch. Why would you not see Cap? What looks wrong about it? Please don't say it's because the costume doesn't look like the original 1940's comic art.

You'll hear good word of mouth and break down.