xhairs

for the lastes joe cartoons witch do u like better  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Resolute or Renegades

• resolute
    • renegades
    • nither
    • both have there pros and cons

so witch do you like better resolute or renegades for the 2 newest cartoons. as renegades has been on for awhile i think we all have a feel for it.

yes resolute was a 1hr long movie but if they made it in to a series i think it would of been much better.

renegades is a series and is a totally new take on joe so it needs to grow i just dont see it happening as quick as we all would like it to.

so this is just to see what you guys think.

Personally? I really enjoyed Resolute and I am currently enjoying Renegades. I'm fairly confident that if Renegades used the same art style and characters designs of Resolute, but kept the same plot lines, there would be more happy fans.

I am really looking forward to Friday's TV line up lately as it gives me Renegades, Young Justice, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Smallville, and now Fringe. Fridays haven't looked this good in quite some time.

Neither i wish they'd pick up the classic where it left off as they've done with the real american hero comic book.

Neither i wish they'd pick up the classic where it left off as they've done with the real american hero comic book.

I just don't think that would work for the cartoon, as it's aimed at a new generation of potential Joe fans and there would be a lot of history from the original cartoon. Plus, do you include the DIC cartoons or do you continue from the Sunbow episodes?

This type of idea works a lot better for the comic because: comics are a niche audience and the original collectors are still around to support it. The original scribe, Hama, came back to write and there are other books by IDW based on the franchise so everyone isn't forced to continue the story if they don't want to, but still want to enjoy Joe stories.

I love the idea of a reboot to a franchise. Think of how it has revitalized the Batman movies, or even the newer James Bond films.

I really like in "Renegades" how different joes keep popping up in new, reimagined ways. Law & Order, Breaker, and what, that was Serpentor!? Ha Ha! And the backstory of Flint and Duke was really great. And Cobra Commander is NOT incompetent!!

Resolute was great and very familiar. But with Renegades, it's like they had a chance to shuffle the deck, and the story and characters seem fresh and in the now. I genuinely don't know what's around the corner. Which is saying a lot cause I've been a fan since the early eighties.

Oh, and the animation is gorgeous, get over it.

• Like 2

I hate renegades it's garbage:

Lady Jay's puerto recan or some latin decent

Mindbender's a kid and lacks the nazi outfit elements

poorly drawn characters

Roadblock has Mutton Chops

Major Bludd in this series is more like Zartan than anything else

Flint's an Ass-hole in this series

Scarlett comes off like she's got a holyer than thou attitude

they Drive around in a big black cobra vehicle shouldn't cobra be able to track it and kill them?

freaking Bio-vipers instead of Cobra troopers

Cobra Commander's phantom of the opera mask

lasers again

total A-team storyline rip off

Cobra's army consists out of mainly Bio-vipers and security guards no individuals like Firefly or Wild weasel

no toy line as of yet(I consider this a good thing)

I hate renegades it's garbage:

Lady Jay's puerto recan or some latin decent

Mindbender's a kid and lacks the nazi outfit elements

poorly drawn characters

Roadblock has Mutton Chops

Major Bludd in this series is more like Zartan than anything else

Flint's an Ass-hole in this series

Scarlett comes off like she's got a holyer than thou attitude

they Drive around in a big black cobra vehicle shouldn't cobra be able to track it and kill them?

freaking Bio-vipers instead of Cobra troopers

Cobra Commander's phantom of the opera mask

lasers again

total A-team storyline rip off

Cobra's army consists out of mainly Bio-vipers and security guards no individuals like Firefly or Wild weasel

no toy line as of yet(I consider this a good thing)

Don't forget the job they did on poor Breaker! Wow!