Robin Rumor News For New 'Batman' Movie

Wheeljack35

http://enewsi.com/news.php?itemid=19563

Reported by Outsiders - 04:41 PM 2011.02.05

Holy hole in a donut, Batman... It's time for another rumor!

Latino Reviews is reporting that WILX Channel 10 News in Michigan stated that Warner Brothers was scouting Grand Ledge’s Fitzgerald Park last week. It's being scouted because "the area is being considered as a hideout for Batman sidekick Robin." Does this mean that Robin is going to be in the new film?

Sources come from Eaton County and Grand Ledge officials who can not be identified due to confidentiality agreements.

If anyone lives in the area and finds out something than pass it along.

The moment I heard robin's name I was like holy freaking ass crackers this is gonna suck. if it's true well then I have a few ways to deal with as demenstrated by Neil Patrick Harris

....And Megan Fox was going to be Catwoman.

I remember reading that Bale said he would not be in a Batman movie that had Robin in it.

Yeah same hear as I was posting this I remember Bale said that and how he has a short temper about things

Robin is a great character, the parallels of his life with Batman and the relationship of mentor /father figure is something that would make a great story and movie. Only a great writing and a great director can do this. PS doogie MD is a douch, a friend of mine whooped his ass in a bar 10 years ago LOL

The moment I heard robin's name I was like holy freaking ass crackers this is gonna suck. if it's true well then I have a few ways to deal with as demenstrated by Neil Patrick Harris

LOL Barney is too cool :P

never seen the show just thought that clip was funny especially his fake Seppuku death

LOL Barney is too cool :P

never seen the show just thought that clip was funny especially his fake Seppuku death

Agreed lol

Adding to the confusion of the rumour is an additional rumour that Robin Williams is being considered for the role of Hugo Strange. I have read that some consider this location scouting matter was a bit of "crossed-wires" and that "Robin" was actually mistaken for "Robin Williams".

Who knows, eh?

I also remember Nolan saying he would never do a movie with Robin in it

Once upon a time Sam Raimi also said something to the effect that he'd been having too much fun with Spidey's classic villains to ever want to include Venom in one of his Spider-Man movies. Then the studio execs got involved and we got Spider-Man 3.

I have nothing against Robin. Too many people cringe at the mention of Robin as if it's a given that Robin automatically puts Batman in the context of the Adam West TV show. Robin... like most properties... can work if handled properly. Let me also add that I haven't liked ANY of these Batman movies from '89 onward. Batman Begins I GUESS is the post passable and even that one has huge problems. Having said this, with the mention of Robin, Catwoman and Bane ( Now THERE'S a red flag!) it really seems like this flick is going in a different direction than the previous two... and that's not a good thing either! It's very early but I'm smelling Spidey 3 all over again.

• Like 1

I've had this feeling that one of Jim Gordan's kids take on the mantle of Batman in the Nolan Batman universe. The Batman legend will never die. That point was mentioned early in the first movie. It will just go on to another person who picks up the mantle. I think Jim Gordans son will be that person. This movie franchise is about legend building.

ha thats not bad. so robin is the most demanded character right now in the dcuc and yet no one wants to see him in the movies..... thats just funny. nolan did great with everything he did in the batman universe so why doubt that robin would be a fail? take him as serious as he did all the other characters and you have a winner. most people just have the forever and batman + robin failures in their heads i guess.

Well, before I begin, I would like to note that I don't think Robin is going to be in the next Batman movie (IE I think this rumor is inaccurate).

That having been said, I don't think it's impossible either. Nolan said he didn't want Robin, but Nolan can change his mind. So can Bale. If Nolan came up with a story and a purpose for Robin that he felt "fits" his movie universe I don't think he'd hesitate to use it. Maybe Nolan has recognized how critical to the overall Batman mythos Robin is. Maybe he realized that where Batman was left off in the last movie is almost a perfect point to introduce Robin, a character that can "pull him back from the brink" so-to-speak.

Robin is bigger than Nolan or Bale. He's one of the most highly recognized and beloved comic-book characters in existence. Yes, there's instantly an image of Burt Ward in his little green speedos exclaiming "Holy Stereotype Batman!" but images can change. Michael Keaton's Batman coupled with Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns changed the image of Batman for the general public away from the Adam West/Burt Ward TV Show. A good, well-played introduction to Robin in Nolan's Bat-verse could do the same for the Boy Wonder (or Teen Wonder as would be more likely).

Once again, though...I don't think this rumor is true. I just wouldn't dismiss the possibility out of hand.

Sadly, the bat-sidekick who would probably work best in Nolan's Bat-verse has virtually zero chance of showing up: Cassandra Cain/Batgirl III could easily be tweaked as a League Of Shadows "tyke bomb" that Bruce has to defuse. Not quite as "uber" as the comics but clearly skilled enough to handle herself doing what Batman does.

• Like 3