3,75" Scale Modular Iron Man?

suprmn4105abc

So I have loved most of the comic line produced under the Iron Man 2 banner in the 3.75" scale. With versions of the Silver Centurion, Neo-Classic, and Classic War Machine...but I was really surprised to not see a Modular Armor Iron Man figure. As far as I know the comic line is over unless someone knows different.

Is anyone else really disappointment we didn't get a Modular Armor Iron Man?

Were there any other classic Iron Man armors people wish were in the comic line?

Oh, and by Modular Armor, I mean the one from the nineties. I have seen some people refer to the newest Bleeding Edge armor as Modular as well.

This one! Modular Armor

I

s anyone else really disappointment we didn't get a Modular Armor Iron Man?

There's been some confusion over just which or the armours is the "modular" one. If you mean the 90's version, then it did indeed come out--but if you are referring to the more recent design that, I think, is also referred to as "modular", then no I do not think it has shown up anywhere.

I

There's been some confusion over just which or the armours is the "modular" one. If you mean the 90's version, then it did indeed come out--but if you are referring to the more recent design that, I think, is also referred to as "modular", then no I do not think it has shown up anywhere.

I think that is backwards. I know we have gotten the most recent armor in the last Marvel Universe wave, in 3.75" scale. But the 90's version has not been released in 3.75" scale that I know of. Please tell me I am wrong!

I

I think that is backwards. I know we have gotten the most recent armor in the last Marvel Universe wave, in 3.75" scale. But the 90's version has not been released in 3.75" scale that I know of. Please tell me I am wrong!

I assumed that it is THIS one:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS18828&mode=retail

...was the 90's modular armour. If so, it has indeed appeared.

I

I assumed that it is THIS one:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS18828&mode=retail

...was the 90's modular armour. If so, it has indeed appeared.

That is actually the Neo-Classic as seen here: Neo Classic Armor

I was really excited to see the Neo-Classic in the line, because I don't think this was in the Marvel Legends line, but again, it was strange to see this one, and not the Modular Armor in the Iron Man 2 Comic waves.

The "true" Modular Armor is the one from the 90's comics, 90's cartoon, and the one we got in 6" form in the TB Face-off 2-packs (with Mandarin). Havent seen anything about a 3.75" one.

Yep, that is the exact one. I also agree about that version be the "true" Modular Armor. I am hoping I am wrong about the 3.75" Comic line being dead, but perhaps MU will pick up the figure, or perhaps the Toy Fairs of 2011 will shed some light.

Someone in another forum found a Hasbro Q+A that specifically talks about the Modular Armor being considered for the 3.75" line. That Q+A is below. The armor is mentioned in question 3.

<------------------------------------------->

We've received our answers for the last round of Hasbro 2010 Marvel Q&A. In this round we receive confirmation/elaboration on a certain short sized raging canuck(and a tidbit on how this set will be released), a hint on a certain "missing" Iron Man Armor, and proof that sharing is caring:

1) At NYCC 2010, the Marvel Masterworks Sentinel was posed holding what looks to be, a new, kit-bashed Wolverine figure. Have tools been cut for this "new" Wolverine figure?

A) This Wolverine is featured in the upcoming X-Men exclusive 6 pack.

2) Are the backpack pegs on the jetpacks of the 2011 Captain America line, compatible with 25th Anniversary GI Joes?

A) Yes they are!

3) One popular, and recognizable Iron Man armor was the Modular Armor. Was the Modular Armor Iron Man ever considered for the Iron Man or Marvel Universe line?

A) Yes, it's made the list of possibilities many times. There's a strong chance that this armor will have its day in plastic!

<------------------------------------------->

Given that they're rapidly running out of "major" suits (read: Worn for more than a couple issues) suits for Tony, I'd say there's a very good chance the 90's modular armor will get made.

I mean really, all they have left for major/primary suits are:

Mark II (Gold repaint of comic Mark I, preferably with Skirt and possibly a redesigned head/helmet)

Modular Armor

Heroes Reborn Armor

Heroes Return/"Retro" Armor

Aaaaand....that's about it.

Given that they're rapidly running out of "major" suits (read: Worn for more than a couple issues) suits for Tony, I'd say there's a very good chance the 90's modular armor will get made.

Mark II (Gold repaint of comic Mark I, preferably with Skirt and possibly a redesigned head/helmet)

Modular Armor

Heroes Reborn Armor

Yep, that is a great point. I also wouldn't mind seeing the Yellow bubble helmet version of the hydro armor. I know we got the Deep Dive in the concept line...but the classic hydro armor really stands out.

Modular Armor

Heroes Reborn Armor

The Thorbuster would be another good one they could use in the comic line.

As I said, I was talking about "major/main" suits. There's still quite a few specialty suits, one-offs, and suits that he only wore for a few issues that could still be made. The Thorbuster falls into that category...it was only around for one issue.

Thorbuster

Classic Hydro-Armor

Space Armor I

Space Armor II (Operation Galactic Storm)

"Panther-Buster"

An accurate Stealth-Armor/Stealth Armor Mark II (The Stealth Armor wasn't just a repainted red and gold...it had slightly different gloves, boots, and shoulders)

Telepresence Armor

"Teen Tony" Iron Man

"The Crossing" Iron Man

Etc...

Etc...

I think there's something like 65+ Iron Man suits total, though several of them are virtually indistinguishable (outwardly) from other models (for instance, his classic red-and-gold actually went through several versions that looked the same but packed in new abilities/features/power-ups, etc....)

As I said, I was talking about "major/main" suits. There's still quite a few specialty suits, one-offs, and suits that he only wore for a few issues that could still be made. The Thorbuster falls into that category...it was only around for one issue.

Thorbuster

Classic Hydro-Armor

Space Armor I

Space Armor II (Operation Galactic Storm)

"Panther-Buster"

An accurate Stealth-Armor/Stealth Armor Mark II (The Stealth Armor wasn't just a repainted red and gold...it had slightly different gloves, boots, and shoulders)

Telepresence Armor

"Teen Tony" Iron Man

"The Crossing" Iron Man

Etc...

Etc...

I think there's something like 65+ Iron Man suits total, though several of them are virtually indistinguishable (outwardly) from other models (for instance, his classic red-and-gold actually went through several versions that looked the same but packed in new abilities/features/power-ups, etc....)

I see what your saying. I feel like the Thorbuster, Space Armor, and Hyrdo Armor would be recognizable enough to justify a figure. They did a classic stealth, that was indeed just a repaint...but I think close enough.

So I guess this has sorta turned into a wish list of 3.75" scale figures:

90's Modular Armor

Classic Hydro Armor

Thorbuster Armor

Space Armor

Renaissance Armor from Heroes Reborn

As much as Hasbro likes their Iron Man, I am hopeful we will see some of these eventually.

I don't think you will have to worry about not getting some of these armors because every wave of Marvel Universe seems to have a variation of Iron Man/Spider-Man/Wolverine/Hulk. I am just glad that they quit repainting the first MU Iron Man and simply renaming it so there would be a new Iron Man figure.

I don't think you will have to worry about not getting some of these armors because every wave of Marvel Universe seems to have a variation of Iron Man/Spider-Man/Wolverine/Hulk. I am just glad that they quit repainting the first MU Iron Man and simply renaming it so there would be a new Iron Man figure.

Yeah, absolutely. I like the three versions they did, but even then they were pushing it. I'm not ever sure what armor that was supposed to be to begin with. I guess it looks pretty similar to the TinMan armor, or it could be the streamline version Pentagon Armor.