Challenger Disaster 25th Anniversary

Wheeljack35

no reason to apolgize, not ur cup tea, i get it.

Anyway, I didn't come here to write post #53.

I came here to bring to mind that episode of Punky Brewster when Punky dresses as an astronaut for Career Day and decides not to be an astronaut after they watch the Challenger explode.

Then Buzz Aldrin comes in and saves the day.

Anyone remember that?

Just remember EVERY joke is making fun of someone. So before we get all bent outta shape lets ask our self have we EVER made a joke? Priest Jokes are pretty popular but Im sure not with little alterboys who have been molested. Have we ever made a Michael Jackson joke. Little molested boys might not like that either. Not trying to sound like a #### but we all crack jokes and someone somewhere would be offended.

Anyway, I didn't come here to write post #53.

I came here to bring to mind that episode of Punky Brewster when Punky dresses as an astronaut for Career Day and decides not to be an astronaut after they watch the Challenger explode.

Then Buzz Aldrin comes in and saves the day.

Anyone remember that?

Nope I thought the show was crappy and stupid so I never watched it

Just remember EVERY joke is making fun of someone. So before we get all bent outta shape lets ask our self have we EVER made a joke? Priest Jokes are pretty popular but Im sure not with little alterboys who have been molested. Have we ever made a Michael Jackson joke. Little molested boys might not like that either. Not trying to sound like a #### but we all crack jokes and someone somewhere would be offended.

I'm not offended by any of the jokes

I'm not offended by any of the jokes

#WTF#

Jokes and humor is just how some people deal with tragedy. People in modern times have lived most of there lives without dealing with multiple deaths. I know there are members here who have dealt with several deaths at one time, but in times now forgotten there was death all around. War, disease, famine used to consume entire populations. Hell, half of the Irish songs I ever heard growing up were about dying, drinking, dying some more, war, etc....

My point is (with out going all biblical here) is that people today are way more sensitive to tragedy that they were 50 years ago, let alone 25. Like SS49 said...

The dead arent offended so why should i be :)

They certainly are not and if it helps you cope, then don't knock it. ;)

I'm not offended I just thought the jokes about the dead were inappropriate

What's the difference? @hmmm@

What's the difference?

Well too me offended would be like if I took it personally and went ape

Inappropriate is more like I cringed when I heard the joke and thought it was distasteful but I won't go overboard about it

A LOT of people HAVE to make light of horrible situations to alleviate the pain and help them deal with it. I'm one of them.

What's the difference?

Well too me offended would be like if I took it personally and went ape

Inappropriate is more like I cringed when I heard the joke and thought it was distasteful but I won't go overboard about it

and what is the natural response to seeing or hearing something we deem "inappropriate"? Whatever personal sense (we may have)of appropriatness is then "offended"...right? Offended doesn't have to mean going ape sh@#..it just means we find something to be morally inappropriate or wrong. Like when you read the word r e t a r d e d and are offended by it's use on these boards, enough so that you requested it be one of the blocked words. You've decided it's use is inappropriate and you are offended by it.

If you deem that a joke about the Challenger disaster is inappropriate, it can ONLY be because you find it offensive. Doesn't have to be a personal thing, just a personal point of view about this...thing.