New DCU Classics 5 pk 2011

Leon34

Here's what Matty posted on the Jan 14 Q&A at Rumourbuster -

4) Presumably you've had a little time to evaluate how well the DCUC 5-packs featuring the Gotham villains and Green Lanterns have done… will there be any future DCUC 5-packs?

Yes. These packs have done well and will continue in 2011 with an-all new pack to be announced at NYTF at our collector night on Feb 13 from 3-6pm.
This pack will have five all-new figures. One of which is a new version of a previous character and the other four have never been in the DCUC line before.

So I pose the question - who do you think will be in it? My "hopeful" guess is -

1. Professor Zoom (being the new version of a previous character)

2. Capt Boomerang

3. Mirror Master

4. Trickster

5. Rainbow Raider or Pied Piper

4) Presumably you've had a little time to evaluate how well the DCUC 5-packs featuring the Gotham villains and Green Lanterns have done… will there be any future DCUC 5-packs?

Yes. These packs have done well and will continue in 2011 with an-all new pack to be announced at NYTF at our collector night on Feb 13 from 3-6pm.
This pack will have five all-new figures. One of which is a new version of a previous character and the other four have never been in the DCUC line before.

So I pose the question - who do you think will be in it? My "hopeful" guess is -

2. Capt Boomerang

3. Mirror Master

4. Trickster

If wave 18 turns out not to be true, my guess of the pack would be:

Apache chief

Rima the Jungle Girl

El Delrado

Samurai

Black Vulcan (''prev'' version of an existing character)

2. Capt Boomerang

3. Mirror Master

4. Trickster

Apache chief

Rima the Jungle Girl

El Delrado

Samurai

Yes if those don't turn up in a wave, I could see that, though Apache Chief would be 6" instead of C&C. Another 5 that would fit their description (though pretty obscure for retail) would be the Crime Syndicate -

1. Ultraman (new version)

2. Superwoman

3. Power Ring

4. Owlman

5. Johnny Quick

2. Capt Boomerang

3. Mirror Master

4. Trickster

Apache chief

Rima the Jungle Girl

El Delrado

Samurai

Yes if those don't turn up in a wave, I could see that, though Apache Chief would be 6" instead of C&C. Another 5 that would fit their description (though pretty obscure for retail) would be the Crime Syndicate -

1. Ultraman (new version)

2. Superwoman

3. Power Ring

4. Owlman

5. Johnny Quick

I can go for modern versions of the Crime Syndicate. That is where Matty errored the first time with Ultraman. They went the classic and original version route and it just wasn't appealing. The sad thing is it knocked any future plans but I hope they pick it back up and just do modern versions. I am sorry even I dislike the original versions of them, especially Owlman, the more modern route would bring bigger sales.

I could definitely see a Crime Syndicate 5-pack. The JLU versions of them seem to sell pretty well and they were in the JLA DVD as well. This would also require minimal changes to do the modern CSA. A few repaints with new headsculpts and you've got Ultraman, Power Ring, and Johnny Quick. The only two that would require full sculpts would be Owlman and Super Woman.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it another Green Lantern set(Blackest Night) with the movie coming out soon. I would love to see a Crime Syndicate 5-pack, or Flash Rogues set.

Maybe it could be a Young Justice set. Either way I’ll still wind up getting it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it another Green Lantern set(Blackest Night) with the movie coming out soon.

And if it is Blackest Night themes, there are so many corps members they could make.. They would not even have to put any Green Lanterns in it..

It could be any one representative from the following corps (pick 5 different characters)

Saint Walker (Blue)

Indigo-1 (Indigo)

Atrocitus (Red)

Larfleeze (Orange)

Lyssa Drak (Sinestro Corps)

Fatality (Violet)

Just a thought...

I wouldn’t be surprised if it another Green Lantern set(Blackest Night) with the movie coming out soon.

And if it is Blackest Night themes, there are so many corps members they could make.. They would not even have to put any Green Lanterns in it..

It could be any one representative from the following corps (pick 5 different characters)

Saint Walker (Blue)

Indigo-1 (Indigo)

Atrocitus (Red)

Larfleeze (Orange)

Lyssa Drak (Sinestro Corps)

Fatality (Violet)

Just a thought...

If it would be another GL 5 pack, maybe the previously released updated figure would be a more size accurate Sinestro in his Corp uniform.

Anyone who believes that Mattel would invest in a five-pack like this that doesn't have a heavy duty anchor like Superman, Batman, or Green Lantern in it is absolutely kidding themselves.

Most of these pipe dream wish lists sound like some little kid's letter to Santa Claus. If you're going to legitimately try to predict Mattel, you have to think CHEAP! What is the cheapest way they can do this? Wally West and Professor Zoom? Okay. That's possible. Very cheap to do. A lot of these other pie-in-the-sky long shots I see being floated around here? Not a chance.

• Like 1

i would love another lantern pack. a yellow lantern pack. sinestro with his new body. since the hands and head can be switched easly now it would be cheap and easy to do. well in a few days we will know whats is up. since batman and green lantern has been done before it could be around superman now. i doubt that they will put 4 flash rogues in one pack. hasn't matty said in a q&a recently that the flash rogues arent in the pipeline yet but they are talking about them??? dont know for sure do.

I would love a Lois Lane, she could easily be grafted into a 5 pack as opposed to a single card or double pack.

Wishful thinking 5 pack

Superman - brighter color version that was cancelled

Lois Lane - with a cloth skirt

Toyman - classic version using the body of Penguin -- though I would prefer the Super Friends version the best

Massacre - could reuse any larger scale body

Alpha Centurion - all he needs is a retooled head

or better yet balls to the wall

Superman - brighter color version

Lois Lane - same as above

General Zod

Ursa

Non

-- the three could either be in modern or classic outfit/Superman movie because I don't recall a classis Ursa or Non like the Zod who wore the grey suit.

I'm expecting Wally and four Rogues.

That is what I hope for, but I don't expect Mattel to give us four completely new body sculpts.

I think they could pull off Wally, Zoom, Mirror Master, Weather Wizard and Heat Wave with fairly minimal tooling.

True, since most of the Rogues do have very simple costumes.

How about a no tights set, Gordon, Alfred, Lois, Jimmy, and Perry. Never going to happen

My dream set is:

Dynaman

Robotman(Original)

Mr. America

Johnny Quick(Original)

and Captain Triumph!

Now that will really never happen!

The Flash Rogues, IMO, is the best idea for the box set, BUT I definately want more Super Friends! Since Apache Chief would have to be a C&C, and I'm guessing broken up into 6 pieces (head & waist, left arm, right arm, chest, right leg, left leg), my vote goes for:

Toyman (SF version, but you could add as a variant the comic version as well) - How about adding a Mr. Mxyplyxk in to this as well?

Bizarro (SF version)

Scarecrow (SF version)

Black Vulcan

Samurai

El Dorado

• Like 1