WB Announces Anne Hathaway for "The Dark Knight Rises"

JayC

http://www.enewsi.com/movies/190-19436.html

WB Announces Anne Hathaway for "The Dark Knight Rises"

Reported by JayC

Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that Anne Hathaway has been cast as Selina Kyle in Christopher Nolan’s “The Dark Knight Rises.” She will be starring alongside Christian Bale, who returns in the title role of Bruce Wayne/Batman.

“I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable enemies.”

Christopher Nolan stated, “I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story.”

In addition, Tom Hardy has been set to play Bane. Nolan said, “I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable enemies.”

Nolan will direct the film from a screenplay he wrote with Jonathan Nolan, from a story by Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer. Nolan will also produce the film with his longtime producing partner, Emma Thomas, and Charles Roven.

“The Dark Knight Rises” is slated for release on July 20, 2012. The film will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

I didnt know Bane was going to be in this movie...

Wow I can hear the steriod jokes that will be used in that movie :P

EDIT:

I just realized who he is..I went to google and seen his picture and I knew he looked familiar

He played Shinzon in Star Trek Nemesis

Really exciting. Anne is a great. Actress and i think can pull off any part. Bane Has the potential to be anything the director and writer can mold. Dc comics does not, really have much continuity anyways with origins being rewritten for characters all the time it doesn't bother me that it's not that comic accurate but I would like bane to be genetic altered or somethin like that like in the comics. johnny depp playing the riddler would of come across some kind of jack sparrow and lame joker lol.

I think Bane is probably a good fit for where the story has led. Batman is on the run, so Bane can be the guy who's trying to finish him off. He'll just do it by a different means than in Knightfall.

Nolan mentioned a different/new interpretation, so I'd expect a regular guy and not a venom-fueled behemoth. Which is kinda disappointing, but I have total faith in Chris Nolan.

And Anne Hathaway is a great choice for Catwoman. She's got the look from head to toe, especially with those eyes, and I'll be looking forward to seeing her in the costume (however Nolan decides to go about it).

Anne Hatheway has the look of Catwoman?? uh... what?

I like her as an actress, but I don't see her as being a very attractive girl. She is just kinda like a little girl to me.

She definitely doesn't have the curves for Catwoman... but I know she is a very good actress.

I would have chosen Jessica Biel... the hottest woman in Hollywood.

In Noland I trust as he has yet to disappoint me with his movies. So far he has captivated audiences with two fantastic interpretations of Batman and I don't see why he won't deliver with the third. A lot of people questioned Liam as Ras and Heath and the Joker, but both nailed the characters through brilliant scripts.

And Anne Hathaway is amazingly hot. One of my Top 5 in Hollywood hand down. Also, after Tom Hardy's role in Inception I really enjoy him as an actor.

Technically, Hathaway is playing Selina Kyle. There's no mention of Catwoman anywhere. Thats just being inferred by fanboys everywhere because they know Selina is Catwoman. I'm not saying she might not don the Catsuit in the film, but it hasn't been stated so by Warner Bros.

Given that the story has revolved around Batman's efforts to eliminate the mob presence in Gotham, I think Bane is a suitable choice for another Mob leader villain. Or a mercenary brought in by the city to take down Batman. He works in both scenarios. In my opinion Tom Hardy was the lone bright spot in Inception so I'm glad he's in.

Also, I sincerely doubt you can grab an A-list actress like Hathaway to play "Selina Kyle" and not promise her she'll portray Catwoman as well. I can't confirm this but I think the press releases said Aaron Eckhart was playing Harvey Dent and made no mention of Two-Face.

And I know people are upset that the Riddler is not included but he's really just Joker-lite.

• Like 1

And I know people are upset that the Riddler is not included but he's really just Joker-lite.

Thats the way frank Gorshin played him in the old Adam West Batman show but I don't see him like that now

This Riddler could be made out to be a serial killer

Thats the way frank Gorshin played him in the old Adam West Batman show but I don't see him like that now

I really don't see a narcissist who like to play puzzles fitting in with the tone of this film.

Same thing with the Penguin. And it's unfortunate because I would love to see both characters return to movie screens.

• Like 1

I really don't see a narcissist who like to play puzzles fitting in with the tone of this film.

Same thing with the Penguin. And it's unfortunate because I would love to see both characters return to movie screens.

If Penguin is ever used I could see him and Killer Croc in it as two carnival freaks

good actors, excited to see the outcome.

I definitely want to see Riddler.. but I agree that the story would probably be similar to what Joker did last film.

I am excited for Bane because it is a physical threat and should make for some good action scenes