TOP 3 Comic Book Movies Ever Made, .. In YOUR Opinion.

Capt.S.G.Wiseman

For me the last of my 3 may be most surprising, so I'll just go in order from best to next.

#1.- The Dark Knight -

I have watched many movies and this one stands out as one of the best. I grew up admiring The Godfather for it's camera work and acting. The Godfather truly captured the very essence of story telling and set a trend that was hard to copy. That film is in a class all it's own, just like The Dark Knight.

Everyone from your grandma to your neighbor's best friend, comic fan or not thought this movie was one of the best movies they had ever seen in the theater or home entertainment.

#2.- Watchmen -

Anyone who has seen this movie has watched it more than twice. This film is amazing and if you are a fan of the original comic, then you more than likely worship this film. This movie is awesome, no quif, qwam, or crums about it.

#3.- Conan The Barbarian. -

Oh come on. You now this movie is so good, you'll watch this instead of Monday Night Football if TNT is playing it. :P

Anyhow, what are YOUR top 3?

1: The Watchmen--though not a fav movie of mine, I think it embodies the best example of a film to comic adaptation.

2: The Rocketeer-- Has the same charms as the comics. And Jennifer Connelly.

3: Batman: Dead End-- Its a short, and its a "fan film", but I think its the most purely distilled cinematic version of Batman ever done. No-one else has come close.

Also rans:

Superman: the movie--very flawed as a film, but its loaded with heart. For a wonderfully all-too-short time in 1979, I believed a man could fly, due solely to the performance of its lead; Chris Reeve

Iron Man-- Sassy and fun. Like Superman, the lead kept me engaged throughout the movie.

Spiderman--Came close to capturing the angst of the comics--had a mostly good cast.

Batman Dark Knight: Serious treatment of a comic book, clever story and characters that felt very real.

Batman the mask of the phantasm: Pefect mix of serious enough for adults, but fun and safe for kids.

Tough choice for number three but i'm going to go with Norton's Hulk. Better cgi, Good character, didn't waste time with an origin story we already know, and gave actualy growth (hint at smart hulk)

There are too many that I thoroughly enjoy to give only 3.

Hellboy, 300, and Sin City, all capture the spirit of their source materail.

Iron Man was just a fun popcorn movie that didn't take itself too seriously.

I probably feel that the perfect comic book movie wasn't even based on a comic, but had all of the elements, was Unbreakable by M. Night Shamylan.

Dark Knight: Probably the best comic movie ever made. It's easy enough for anyone to watch and enjoy, but it's comic fan's dream come true at the same time. Heath Ledger gives the best performance ever for a comic character and rest of the cast are amazing enough as well that they aren't cast in his shadow.

X2: Was my favorite before Dark Knight came out. Bryan Singer manages to do no wrong in this amazing movie and the huge cast each have a great rolls and equal amount of screen time. That fact that we get to see Wolverine finallly go all out, we see what a bad-ass Magneto really is and Brian Cox's sadistic Col. Stryker chews up the scenery. Any mistakes they made with the original X-Men are long forgotten, I just wish they could have followed it up better with the third movie.

Batman Begins: I can still remember sitting in the theatre and geeking out on the reveal of who Ra's al Ghul really was. It was absolutely brillant and even though I should have seen it, it made it all the more entertaining. Christian Bale really comes into his own with the characters of Bruce Wayne and Batman. Liam Neeson is alway a pleasure to watch and none more so in a bad guy role. Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine manage to make me forgot that Lucius Fox and Alfred are being played by Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine, that's how great of actors they cast. Yes, Katie Holmes is annoying, but I've learned to live with it.

Honorable mentions go to Hellboy, 300 and Iron Man.

for me its

1) spiderman (sam raimi) he did a perfect job with the first and the second one. ok the third one sucked but raimi said from the begining that he dont like venom and that he loves the classic villains. sandman is awesome in that movie and if only sony wouldn't had a say in this then the snowboard goblin would have been better too.

2) batman + batman returns (tim burton) i love the nolan movies but it is to much real for me. everything must be explained and the fantasy is out of the whole concept. sad in a way. thats why burton gets my voting. i hope that someday they do a sequel to the burton movies. i would go to see another one. batman returns is so awesome that it can never be a better batman than this.

3)superman (reeves of course) this is what i call a comic movie. it has action, romance, heart, fun and everything you need to believe that a man can fly. perfect. what i loved with superman is that it took them near an hour before superman even came on screen. they developed a great story with him being young and with the fortress and all.realy well done. now a days everything seems rushed and not well developed just because they believe that kids dont wanna sit in those chairs for over 2 hours.

1. Catwoman

2. Steel

3. Jonah Hex

Wait this a list for the Best three movies ever made....Sorry, wrong list!

@loll@ I still haven't seen Jonah Hex. I'm waiting for Net-flix to have it on instant view.

I'll admit that I saw Jonah Hex and I enjoyed it. It wasn't a fantastic piece of motion picture cinema, but it kept me entertained. The only comic movies I've out-right hated so far were Catwoman and Elektra.

But my top 3?

1) Spider-Man 2 still embodies the best superhero movie out there for me.

2) The Dark Knight was fantastic all around. With a superb cast, script, and director.

3) 300 as far as faithful interpretations go. And I really like Zach Synder's particular style.

But, I also like the Fantastic Four movies, I thought Ghost Rider looked good in costume, and I enjoyed Superman Returns. So. My opinion may be slightly skewed. :rolleyes:

jonah hex never made it to europe. it will be a dvd or blu-ray direct. it comes next month. i will buy it for sure. cant be worse then catwoman and electra. these were horrible. did someone checked swamp thing? i saw a dvd about it but i dont know if i should take it.

1. Catwoman

2. Steel

3. Jonah Hex

Wait this a list for the Best three movies ever made....Sorry, wrong list!

If I was doing a worst movie list, I couldn't actually include any of these movies, because I've never had the willpower to watch them. Ditto for Electra and Ghost Rider. They just give me no interest to watch them. My worst would include League of Extraordinary Gentleman, Batman & Robin and Spider-Man 3. I've seen all those and really don't like them. I'm not big on X-Men 3 or Daredevil, but at least I could sit through them again.

Judge Dredd is actually a pretty bad movie, but one I actually like watching.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Superman - Awesome movie, the movie by which all others are measured. It set the pace for all others, its a good movie all the way around. The cast was brilliant and the special effects were amazing. It was easier to do SW against the black but to do what they had to do for Superman was amazing, much harder stuff.

2. The Dark Knight - After Superman this movie took it to another level. Brilliant movie, the only movie they kept my heart racing.

3. Watchmen - loved it, never got the credit it deserves because fanboys wanted stupid elements that don't work. They kept the core of the story/look/feel and ever modification was a good improvement in my eyes. The cast was spot on, love it.

Movies that get picked but shouldn't

The SpiderMan movies are nothing but the Superman movies rehashed, Spider Man is essentially Superman with the whole father element and pace. Spiderman 2 is a direct rip, Supes loses powers and so does Spidey, Superman 3 he turns bad, Spidey 3 he turns bad. Screw that filthy emo Parker. Toby's Parker lacks the charm of Reeve's Clark. Donner's Superman II explored the character in a deep way, much better than the sissy-footing Parker who is just a whinny chick in disguise.

This is a real acting scene below, its real, it has heart, it has a ton of different human emotions, not like the angst girly ways of Parker. If Superman II was done by Donner and originally included this scene Superman II would be on this list, just on this scene alone because its better than any scene in all comic book movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchxYM0WhDM

Batman Begins is a good movie but a snooze fest, can't sit through it anymore, give me the dark knight

Iron Man is good, the first one is just a flat out good movie, if there was room for the 4th place it would have it.

X2 was terrible, boring movie taken more seriously than it should. The abomination known as X3 is actually a better movie, more action and its fun unlike X2.

I gotta go:

Dark Knight

Spider-Man 2

Iron Man

I really wanted to put Superman the Movie in there. I love it. EXCEPT for the fly-really-fast-around-the-Earth-so-Superman-doesn't-have-to-deal-with-his-loss ending. Giving Supes this kind of "ability" really does make him all-powerful and insures that he never really has to deal with ANY loss if he doesn't want to (And what did they do in the Donner cut of Supes II? They repeated it! Ugh!) Besides that it was the difinitive Superman story played by an actor PERFECT for the roll. But I just really hate the ending.

I also wanted to put an X-Men movie in there because I love X-Men and I really didn't dislike any of the three. The others just beat them out.

I gotta go:

Dark Knight

Spider-Man 2

Iron Man

I really wanted to put Superman the Movie in there. I love it. EXCEPT for the fly-really-fast-around-the-Earth-so-Superman-doesn't-have-to-deal-with-his-loss ending. Giving Supes this kind of "ability" really does make him all-powerful and insures that he never really has to deal with ANY loss if he doesn't want to (And what did they do in the Donner cut of Supes II? They repeated it! Ugh!) Besides that it was the difinitive Superman story played by an actor PERFECT for the roll. But I just really hate the ending.

I also wanted to put an X-Men movie in there because I love X-Men and I really didn't dislike any of the three. The others just beat them out.

The reason it was done twice was because Donner was never able to finish the first movie and didn't want to use all of Lester's. His ending for Superman II was supposed to be different. Overall the Superman movies are better than the cheap rip off Spiderman movies.

With So many comic movies out there, it's hard to choose which are the best, So I'm putting which ones I can watch over and over again.

1.) The Dark Knight

2.) The Toxic Avenger

3.) Blade

1 - The Dark Knight

2 - Blade (The club scene at the beginning of this movie has always stuck out in my mind as one of the coolest action scenes in a comic-based movie ever.)

3 - Batman Begins

Honorable mentions go to X2, The Incredible Hulk (the one with Ed Norton), Spiderman, Iron Man, Elektra, and The Punisher (the one from 2004).