New Spider-Man movie costume

yojoebro82

Uh-ooohhhhh....it's not the classic design. I hear the fanboys crying fowl already

http://enewsi.com/news.php?catid=190&itemid=19392

I was against the idea of a reboot in the first place. A costume change doesn't phase me much, but I'm not feelin' it. And I'm not one to boo something just because it's not a 100% copy of the original art of 50 years ago. It just seems like a more boring version of the original.

Eh, it'll probably grow on me. As strange as it sounds, the spiderman movies seem quite dated to me compared to darker comic adaptations such as watchmen and the dark knight. Hopefully this reboot will give the spiderman franchise a similar popularity boost/significance.

I really don't mind the costume, they always tweak the costume a little bit in the movies. I also don't mind the reboot considering the crapfest that Spider Man 3 was a reboot was kind of necessary. I don't think the costume makes that much difference anyway, take The Dark Knight for example Batman's costume is ugly and it's very different from the comic yet the movie was successful and worse it turned into the Sacred Cow of comic book movies. The only gripe I have with this movie is the time period, I would have preferred Spidey in college than in high school again. I'll withhold further judgment until I see the finished product.

P.S. Are those web shooters I see on the wrist???

i hate the costume. it looks dumb. sorry but the symbol on the chest goes way down to his belly. the webbing is barely there. it seems like he has some biker glows and that dude is skinny like a dead chicken. i wasnt expecting much of it anyway because raimi did the best costume ever for a movie adaptation. wait until we see the mask of this thing it will be even worse. yes i am a fan of spidey for over 22years now and this looks bad for me. i dont wanna judge the whole movie because of one picture but my hopes arent going higher with this costume. they will reboot it in 5 years anyway. i read in an interview that someone said to garfield to not live up to the task, it would not matter. garfield wont say who it was and said that he wanna live up to the franchise, to the fans and blabla. all great but for me just hearing that someone said dont live up to it, means a lot. hope it turns up good but i have my doubts. specialy from a guy like webb who just did one movie i think in his life.

I don't mind the design change.

The first thing(s) that popped into my head were 'it looks like wax' and the second thing was 'how does a highschool student design and implement a costume that complex?'

Is Peter Parker a movie studio costume designer with access to a tentpole film's budget in his spare time?

I like the design, but it would have look completely badass if they kept the original costume. I´m fine when comic book costumes don´t translate that well into real life costumes, specially when the design includes underwear, but in the case of spider-man, it´s a costume that wouldn´t have needed to be drastically changed for a live action adaptation, cause it works in both comics and real life.

I wish they kept the spider as it originally was. The suit explanation being so complex...mmmm...it´s a 2012 release, same as Avengers, maybe they will link it to Stark or somn. Dunno, just a theory.

I actually like the costume. Of course I need to see the mask first as it could make or break it. The eyes on that sucker are hard to get right in real life. As for Garfield being skinny. I say bring it on! It's one of the reasons I loved the character. He looked like me! And even after several years in the gym weight lifting, I still didn't get that much bigger. This has an Ultimate Spidey vibe to it and I love that universe.

I was skeptical about a reboot from the beginning. Though Spider-man 3 was, by far, the weakest of the 'trilogy,' I never considered it a train wreck and I thought Raimi could have pulled more magic out of his hat for 4. However, the more I see of the new one, the more I like. After seeing the Social network and realizing after that Garfield was cast for Spider-Man, I immediately became more excited. He's a great actor and he looks like Peter Parker.

I like the design, but it would have look completely badass if they kept the original costume. I´m fine when comic book costumes don´t translate that well into real life costumes, specially when the design includes underwear, but in the case of spider-man, it´s a costume that wouldn´t have needed to be drastically changed for a live action adaptation, cause it works in both comics and real life.

I wish they kept the spider as it originally was. The suit explanation being so complex...mmmm...it´s a 2012 release, same as Avengers, maybe they will link it to Stark or somn. Dunno, just a theory.

I don't think they can have spider-man be part of the avenger movies or even mention stark cuz unlike hulk, ironman, thor, cap, and avengers the rights belong to sony right now. They are doing the same thing lions gate did with the punisher, they did not want to wait for Rami to take time and write a good script and have to pay Marvel to keep the rights, so they get to keep the rights as long as they can quickly put out another movie before they have to pay to renew the rights. fool me once with punisher war zone, shame on me fool me twice with this crap, or xmen first class , then shame on me. to bad I really love Emma stone, but not enough to support this lol

After seeing the Social network and realizing after that Garfield was cast for Spider-Man, I immediately became more excited. He's a great actor and he looks like Peter Parker.

It's good to hear someone say this for once. Garfield's a really good actor and has taken a lot of undeserved flack for this role. I have no doubt he can pull this off and do it well.

I thought the same thing, but after I saw the Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. He seems like a really good actor and he looks to fit the part well enough. The costume has the classic colors and the basic classic designs. They tweaked it. It's going to happen. Raimi's Spider-Man was the closest costume to the comic vision in any comic movie thus far and I'm sure they wanted to make a break between the two franchises.

I'm excited about the movies, but I'm a huge Spidey fan and welcome what we get. I'm not going to throw it to the wolves just because Sony made a hasty decision. And after looking at the IMDB page - Martin Sheen and Sally Fields are Ben and May Parker? That should be interesting.

I knew he was a great choice as soon as it was announced. He looks the part much more than Toby ever did.. and he is a great actor too

I agree, he looks more like the Peter from the comics, looking forward to seeing him act the part.

where do you guys take the looks of peter parker because in 50 years he changed more then chameleon in the comics guitar.gif the thing that bugs me with marvel, peter is a grown up for the last 30 years i guess and marvel always goes back when he was in school. cant people rely on a guy when he is mature and see what kind of problems he has as an adult?

I don't have that much of a problem with actor, cause I feel he does have a young Peter Parker-ish look to him(Which is what they are going for). As for the costume, I'll have to wait until I see a full look at it and with the mask on to get a full idea on if I'll like it or not. Also, with some good daytime lighting instead of night, so that I can see the details better. I'm sure I won't have a problem with the costume, but you never know.

Not sure if there is any truth to this or not, but from what I read somewhere(I forgot where), according to an interview on MTV with Emma Stone, she saids that Spidey in this movie will be using Web Shooters. Like I said, not sure.