POC 4 Low-light in hand.

ARROW

Let's not mince words.

Initial thoughts:

Small parts hinder the playability of the figure a bit, and there's a lot of small parts.

Sniper rifle, while functional, is a bit clunky because of the features. The sliding stock is a bit of a pain, so a two-handed shouldered pose is tricky.

Head does not tilt up for a prone shooting pose--only big flaw.

Otherwise a solid 9 out of 10, if you want a scale to gauge by.

• Like 1

I've heard you can find him in Viper Hunter's pocket. You just have to reach real deep.

Just what I've heard though...

Great find. Where did you pick him up at?

I picked him up at my local comic shop--$9.99. The other 3 were there as well, but I passed on those.

I promised another local dealer I know that I would buy the complete set from him for $32 for the 4--but I could not pass up Low-Light when I saw him at the shop.

I checked my nearest Walmart just before and the action figure section was bare........literally barren.

A reset is in progress and they were just starting to address the planogram, so these figures might be at Wallyworld here by the weekend.

I've heard you can find him in Viper Hunter's pocket. You just have to reach real deep.

Just what I've heard though...

Yeah, when I thrash about in there, people think there's something throbbing going on.

Then we BOTH get into trouble.

HEY HEY HEY!! @hmmm@ What's all this about things hiding deep in my pant pockets??? @loll@

Hey, speaking of DEEP pockets, I saw where some guy auctioned off a pair of Rosie O'Donnells underwear on eBay...

bigdrawers.jpg

ok i got mine and there are 2 pieces that will get lost quick the bullet and antenna.

Yep!

And the part most likely to be broken accidentally is the tripod for the spotters scope-which DOES come off.

The sliding rifle stock might be a PITA for some, until they realize that there's two small inserted notches on the rifle, that the rails on the stock can grab onto.

The tiny parts are a trend aimed squarely at the more mature collectors, and I think they are really neat-but they will give some folks no end of grief.

Also, just noticed that the Uzi Low-light comes with is a completely different sculpt than the one that comes with Wave 3 Snake Eyes. Hasbro could have simply gone with a straight re-use of the part, but it went with a all-new tooling. That's impressive.

There's a bullet accessory? For a 3 3/4'' figure?

Now they've gone too far. I'd say this would be the next "green phone" refering to the original Firefly figure accessory from back in the day that always got lost, but Joes just don't see heavy play from kids like they did back then so I'm sure we'll all keep those bullets in a nice safe place.

I love when they pack those blister cards with gear for the figures, I have no doubt I'll love this figure, but some things you just don't need. A bullet?

I love when they pack those blister cards with gear for the figures, I have no doubt I'll love this figure, but some things you just don't need. A bullet?

My feeling is that the bullet is kind of a "statement".

A statement that says " this is how far we are willing to take this"--which given the tiny size of the part, is pretty darn far.

The design team & Hasbro might simply be trying to push the envelop a bit more here, and produce a toy line that really embraces this scale.

The only other source that comes close to producing stuff like this are the infamously fragile Japanese toys ( Microman et al.).

• 3 weeks later...

I just got around to opening my Low-Light, and I can't believe how great this figure is, and how many awesome accessories he comes with. I was kind of pissed at Hasbro for not releasing Low-Light in the 25th line, but this figure more than makes up for it. Had we received him in the 25th line, we wouldn't have all the great gear that we get with him in POC.

I agree with all of the comments made about the ammo box with the removable bullet. I actually took a piece of tape and wrapped it around the ammo box and put it with my spare accessories, just so I wouldn't lose the bullet.

Aside from the bullet, most of his accessories are pretty prone to pieces being lost...lots of items with small removable pieces on them. It's pretty cool that his backpack opens up and is capable of carrying all of his extra equipment. The gun case is an added bonus, and was what made Bullhorn from the original run so awesome.

The best part of this figure for me is after all these years of wondering what the holster-type thing was on the original Low-Light's left thigh, the POC figure has answered this question. Although, it seems like overkill to have a place to put the scope in the gun case, and also have a holder on his leg. Wish they would've used the extra space in the gun case to allow for a place to put the barrel attachment, instead of an extra place to store the scope.

I put Low-Light on display with my 25th Joes, and I hadn't noticed it until tonight, but many of the POC figures are quite a bit more "mature" looking than the 25th figures. POC seems to have better sculpts, and quite a bit better paint apps, where the 25th figures look a bit cartoonish standing next to them. Low-Light almost doesn't look right mixed in with them.

The best part of this figure for me is after all these years of wondering what the holster-type thing was on the original Low-Light's left thigh, the POC figure has answered this question. Although, it seems like overkill to have a place to put the scope in the gun case, and also have a holder on his leg. Wish they would've used the extra space in the gun case to allow for a place to put the barrel attachment, instead of an extra place to store the scope.

That "holster" on his left thigh was always a mystery to me too, and I assumed that it was to hold the Uzi, which the original came with. You could sort of wedge it in there but it would stick right out in a awkward manner.

I actually checked to see if this POC version could hold the Uzi in the same manner, but nada.

This figure would be perfect, if not for my earlier lament........he cannot look up. I think if Hasbro had engineered the figure to look up in a prone shooting position, then this would have launched it into the stratosphere.

I'm not sure how it could have been done in this scale, but it would have made this figure just legendary.

I'm not sure how it could have been done in this scale, but it would have made this figure just legendary.

How about another head sculpted in the up position. They've done several figures with optional heads included. The only difference is this would have the neck ball going into the back of the head, but I'm sure that wouldn't have been too hard to manage.

Perhaps one of the head sculpting stores will make this optional head available?

+1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone see POC wave 4 at retail yet? I'm getting anxious to the point where I'm thinking of going on line and paying extra for shipping :unsure:

My Walmart and Target have ZERO Joes, so I'm forced to buy online at this point.

It's feast or famine here. Some Walmart's cary Joe's other don't. target still has quite a few wave 3 Duke's, SS's and SE's from their endcap displays. TRU hasn't restocked since a week or so before Christmas and one of the two Kmart's here carry's the line the other doesn't.

Found mine at Walmart yesterday along with Skydive. No Destro or Hunter, but I figured it was just case pack out since there was two Shock Troopers and an Alley Viper still there.

You saw two alley vipers and didn't buy them? i've never seen one in the wild! (or shock troopers for that matter, but i'm not a fan of them)

How about another head sculpted in the up position. They've done several figures with optional heads included. The only difference is this would have the neck ball going into the back of the head, but I'm sure that wouldn't have been too hard to manage.

Perhaps one of the head sculpting stores will make this optional head available?

+1

would have been total win. Maybe someone will, maybe hasbro will think about that in the future. Sounds like a decent Q and A question.

I ordered Low Light online as soon as pre-orders went up and the day after he arrived in the mail I found him and Skydive at Target! :D I haven't seen them since though and have yet to see Destro or Predator er Shadow Tracker.

Low Light is amazing. My first thought about the bullet was also, "THAT's going to get lost." But it's a pretty amazing accessory. I wonder how many get lost just in the manufacturing process? It can't be easy to keep track of those once they get stamped out or whatever.

I love that he can carry everything though. The fact that his backpack opens up the way it does allows you to store everything that doesn't fit in the gun case except for the Uzi and that's fantastic.

A "looking up" head might have been pretty cool, but I'm glad they didn't sacrifice the mold to try and do it with the existing head. He would've needed a pretty big hole in the back of his head to do it as is. Great figure all around.