G.I.Joe Night Raven Repaint Found At Ross

The Wire

meh.. I don't think it's for me.. I wouldn't have picked one up if it were on the shelves at Walmart.. and I don't think I care for it enough to look for it. But I kinda want the starviper.

If anybody even thinks they might want one, you better hurry. Be there early if you want to beat the hoarders, scalpers, and hisstank traders.

I went ahead and picked one of these up today - the price is hard to beat. I'm actually glad I did. I like this way better as a new vehicle than as the Night Raven. As a Night Raven, all I could do was see all the ways it paled in comparison to the original, and there were many.

As a whole new aircraft though, it's actually pretty cool. The "shot-gun" gimmick is still pretty dumb, and not having rolling wheels on the gear still sucks, but the paint scheme is cool. It actually looks like a snake at the front. The way the seat lowers down makes it look like it has fangs and everything. Definitely neat.

The "Star Viper" is pretty lazy. They went to the trouble to sculpt an all-new head, but they didn't paint it right. The visor is not red and the gold parts are really a weird, brassy brown. He'll look much better once I touch him up.

Still, an improvement over the first version and cheap to boot.

I also picked this up today. Definitely a pretty cool repaint. I passed on the original ROC version, but the color scheme on this one really makes for a cool stand-out Cobra vehicle. The Star Viper is pretty "meh" but I've got a couple of Cobra pilots that would be more than happy to take his spot. For the most part the stickers make this one pop. Apart from a couple of them, the placement and style make sense and they're not lazy at all like some of the other modern releases of the past. Now, one question I have is: what the heck are the front-most two buttons? One does a wild electronic chirping sound and the other is incoherent babbling. I can't make out what it's saying. I don't know if I have a defecting one or if they're all like that.

The chirping sound is a "radar lock/incoming missile warning" alarm.

The incoherent babbling is supposed to be "radio-chatter", albeit garbled. Its supposed to just give you the feel of radio chatter without making any real sense.

They are all like that.

I got this on Saturday its my favorite POC vehicle by far.I love the paint scheme.The camo markings are done almost in a snake skin/scale desgin that looks freakin awesome .Plus the yellow window and mouth/seat really add to the design.Not to mention the names, i mean Sand Serpent with Star viper ,how cool is that!!?? I think the Star viper is also a great figure and deserves alot more credit then he gets.

For anyone putting off not getting it here is some pics before sticker apps.I'll post a pic after apps aswell.

Box (front)

DSC06511.jpg

Box(back)

DSC06520.jpg

Star viper (love this picture)

DSC06522.jpg

Bio

DSC06518.jpg

That thing still looks like a piece of junk no matter what color they paint it.

It doesn't even deserve the name "Night Raven."

Wow DarthJoe so tell me how you really feel,haha.tongue.gif

I guy over at Hisstank swapped the black wings, canards and vertical stabs off of this onto the Night Raven and put the NR's gray parts on this one and it made both of them look better. I'll be doing this at some point down the road when I actually display them.

@lol@

Ya, I'm a little bitter over the attempts at new vehicle molds. I just don't understand how they have managed to do such a great job at updating classic figures (and even giving us new, COOL figures in POC), but can't even come close to giving us vehicles that are anywhere close to the same caliber as what we had in the 80's.

This DSC01543.jpg = Awesome.

This DSC06533.jpg = Crap.

Just my opinion, and no offense to those of you who like it.

@lol@

Ya, I'm a little bitter over the attempts at new vehicle molds. I just don't understand how they have managed to do such a great job at updating classic figures (and even giving us new, COOL figures in POC), but can't even come close to giving us vehicles that are anywhere close to the same caliber as what we had in the 80's.

This DSC01543.jpg = Awesome.

This DSC06533.jpg = Crap.

Just my opinion, and no offense to those of you who like it.

Unfortunetly, I have very little of the original line of vehicles so I bought two of these.

Yeah, you really can't compare the two - that's why I like the Sand Serpent... I can pretend it's NOT a Night Raven repaint.

Speaking of paint, I did a quick touch-up to the Astro-viper (besides the obvious, I also went over the brassy color with a more gold tone).

img0281l.jpg

@DarthJoe I dont know... looks like someone is looking at it through the rose colored glasses of nostalga.. :D kidding guys don't wanna be burned at the stake."did he just knock vintage joe WTF lets get him,get the gasoline and pitchforks"lol haha .I do like the pod thing on top of your Raven, it looks pretty cool.I don't know your Raven is nice but I really like and prefer the Sand Serpent.I just think for me the Sand Serpent has more character.We like what we like my friend.

Samuel L. Jackson" I have had it with these motherf*@#in snakes on this motherf*@#in plane!” " WHAT!!??, This plane is a motherf*@#in snake,F*#k me" haha

@Dake ,Great touch ups buddy .I really like the painted visor it really stands out now .I think I might paint mine, maybe it will lift his spirits.He's been kinda down ..you know not being a fan favorite and all.Doesn't help either with DarthJoe knocking his ride and being available only at a discount store. :P

@Storetooper Thanks,any time my friend.