Newest Blackest Night wave

yojoebro82

This wave only half impressed me. THere was a LOT of recycling going on here with body molds. Arkillo is a repainted DCD Kilowag and if you really want to nit pick, the ring is on the wrong hand. Superman is the same body mold used for Hal, blue Flash, and I suspect every other figure with a "standard" male body for a good long time to come. Terra is a repainted Teen Titans Terra. All with new head sculpts.

I picked up Arkillo and Mera and I really like them. Despite the fact that I miss a new sculpted body for Arkillo, he turned out good. Cool head, and you gotta love the toung around his neck. Supes and Terra were an easy pass. Terra was tempting because she comes with Skar (another recycled mold), but not at these prices.

001-2.jpg

002-1.jpg

I like this whole wave. I just ordered the whole wave like 20 mins ago! Mera and Arkillo I think are the best in the wave. This arkillo looks a lot better than the dcuc one and is in better scale. I dont have that kilowog, so I'll have to pick it up. I'm going to be pleased with owning these. Plus that Arkillo is gonna look awesome standing next to the blackest night Mongul :D

I like this whole wave. I just ordered the whole wave like 20 mins ago! Mera and Arkillo I think are the best in the wave. This arkillo looks a lot better than the dcuc one and is in better scale. I dont have that kilowog, so I'll have to pick it up. I'm going to be pleased with owning these. Plus that Arkillo is gonna look awesome standing next to the blackest night Mongul :D

To me, DCD Arkillo is just too small when compared to DCD Mongul (they looked the same size in GL Corps). However, the DCUC Arkillo is too big when compared to DCUC Mongul.

Arkillo's ring is not necessarily on the wrong hand since at the end of their battle in Sinestro Corps War Kilowog severed Arkillo's ring finger so I guess he took to wearing the ring on the other hand. DCD Mongul is wayyy too big but considering the fact that DCUC Mongul is way too small(looking kind of puny) I guess bigger is the way to go.... at least for my collecting taste.

I got Arkillo (for custom), Mera, and Scarecrow on the way. Got from the BBTS.

To me, DCD Arkillo is just too small when compared to DCD Mongul (they looked the same size in GL Corps). However, the DCUC Arkillo is too big when compared to DCUC Mongul.

I do agree he's sorta on the small size, but to me he's a better scale size than the dcuc one. The face and body are a lot better looking, to me, than the dcuc one too. I thought Mongul was a little taller than Arkillo. He looks bigger than Arkillo to me, but the dcd one is huge, but I really like it. I have both dcuc Mongul's, but not the dcd infinite crisis one, so this Blackest Night Mongul is perfect for me.

I can't speak for DCUC but the DCD Mongul is just way too big. I'll wait for another one.

I didnt feel like waiting :P I like it a lot better than the dcuc ones though. Blackest Night Mongul fits my preference.

• Like 1

Any more pictures of Mera.

Yeah, the more I look at Arkillo, I realize I shouldn't knock him for the reused mold. He's just a big bad ass.

003-1.jpg

Seems both companies reused Kilowog DCD and DCUC.

I still rather have the DCD version and can't wait to pick them up. Thanks for the pics.

That DCUC version is so ridiculously big I just can't stand it.

• Like 1

Yeah, the more I look at Arkillo, I realize I shouldn't knock him for the reused mold. He's just a big bad ass.

003-1.jpg

Seems both companies reused Kilowog DCD and DCUC.

I still rather have the DCD version and can't wait to pick them up. Thanks for the pics.

That DCUC version is so ridiculously big I just can't stand it.

I completely agree.

Any more pictures of Mera.

My camera batteries died. I barely got these ones up.

Pretty much, what you see is what you get with Mera. I like the figure but there isn't a ton of articulation. She's one of those female figures where her head movement is limited by the hair. It can't turn at all. There's shoulder, elbow, leg, and knee articulation, that's it. I think she's really well sculpted though, with the scales in her suit and what not. I'll likely get her Brightest Day figure too. I like her. Unless you're talking someone like Spider-Man, I don't really need ALL my figures to have 35 points of articulation.

The cat could have used a clear base to plug him into. He can't stand unless proped up on something.

It's fine, my Mera, Arkillo (custom), and Scarecrow will be here tomorrow. @smilepunch@

Took a few scale pictures of Blackest Night Scarecrow & Mera. I can take requests.

Dex-Star has tail, and head swivels.

Scarecrow has more articulation then I expected. Neck, Shoulders, Elbows, Forearms swivels, Wrists swivels, Hips, Thighs swivels, Knees, Ankle swivels.

100_1325.jpg

100_1327.jpg

100_1328.jpg

100_1329.jpg

Thanks for the comparison pics. I just ordered my set, but I am still on the fence about picking up the Mongul figure.

You're welcome. I really like the Mongul figure. My least favorite thing about him is that he's too light. He feels as much as a normal figure. I wish he had more weight to him.0

Very nice pics,ironspiderman, I especially love the Black Lantern groupshot can't wait to get these.

Thanks! I ordered the BL WonderWoman a couple days ago, and I was hoping she'd be here on time for the group shot, but luck didnt have it that way.

Thanks for the comparison pics. I just ordered my set, but I am still on the fence about picking up the Mongul figure.

You're welcome. I really like the Mongul figure. My least favorite thing about him is that he's too light. He feels as much as a normal figure. I wish he had more weight to him.0

Very nice pics,ironspiderman, I especially love the Black Lantern groupshot can't wait to get these.

Thanks! I ordered the BL WonderWoman a couple days ago, and I was hoping she'd be here on time for the group shot, but luck didnt have it that way.

I know how it is I placed an order for wave 6 and Mongul in a local collectors/comic store and I haven't gotten them yet. You're gonna love the Wonder Woman, one of the best Black Lantern figures imo, I have it and I really love the paint on it.

Just got the wave and I am very happy :D

mms_picture-7.jpg

Its awesome!!!

I just seen this today in my comic store I will have to grab Superman first.I would of today but it was a choice between these or DCUC Martian Manhunter and I had to go with Jonn :P

I know how it is I placed an order for wave 6 and Mongul in a local collectors/comic store and I haven't gotten them yet. You're gonna love the Wonder Woman, one of the best Black Lantern figures imo, I have it and I really love the paint on it.

Thats too bad. I dont like long waits for things. I'm glad you say its good. Now my expectations are high for her. I just ordered wave 3, indigo, and Walker, so I can finally have Larfleeze and all the colors :D And speak of the devil, as I was writing these my door just rang and it was the mailman with wonderwoman!! :D

Just got the wave and I am very happy :D

mms_picture-7.jpg

Its awesome!!!

I just seen this today in my comic store I will have to grab Superman first.I would of today but it was a choice between these or DCUC Martian Manhunter and I had to go with Jonn :P

Superman is soooo nice. Hes one of my favorite BL's I own and if it wasnt for Arkillo, he'd be my favorite in the wave. I own both dcuc Martian Manhunters :P