Wave 14 Day-Glo TYR...Be aware!

rash

I was in a WalMart in Delaware yesterday when I cam across Wave 14 on the pegs.

They had two (2) TYR figures...And BOTH were a funky, day-glo, neon red color, instead of the dark-red in the official photos (and on the one I bought weeks ago).

I left my iPhone in the car, or I would have taken a pic. Has anyone else seen this? Has it been commented on?

For anyone else still looking for Wave 15, I hope this is a freak occurrence, and not a running change, 'cuz it looked horrible. (Maybe I should have bought one. Who knows, maybe it'll be a rare, freak batch..?)

I also got the brite red Tyr. I think it brings the figure out alot more.

Does anyone have a side by side comparison shot? They crack me up with these running changes.

Apparently, MATTEL will be offering two versions. Here's a link with side-by-sides:

http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2010/12/dc-universe-classics-wave-14-tyr

I stand by my original opinion. The dark-red version just looks better.

ive only seen the bright red version and passed on it. i agree that the dark red version looks way better.

Here is my Tyr next to Alan you can see that the red on Tyr matchs the red on Alan's shirt.

101_4646.jpg