The 9 G.I. Joes Most Frequently Left In The Box

Superpowers1980

Who made that list? I always used everyone of those Joes on the list. Tollbooth was one of my favorites!!!! I really wish they made an updated one.

Indeed. Airtight was one of my first joes and I still think is a pretty cool figure. I wanted him to be released along with the 25th anniversary series :(

uh, yeah, this list is stupid.

8 - Lifeline - Um, field medic. He (and doc) are must have's on missions.

7 - Airtight - I know I used this guy when I played (tho I admit I forgot what he looked like and what his job was till I saw the picture)

6 - Tollboth - Eh, I know I had him, but really don't remember doing anything with him other than using him as a driver.

5 - Shipwreck - wtf? Ship saw action EVERY water mission and a lot of land missions in my yard. this list just went off the rails. 2,977 people are dumb for "liking" this list.

4 - Tripwire - ok, i guess this guys joes constantly got blown up my mines. mine didn't because I FRIGGIN USED TRIPWIRE!!!

3 - Law - Law and Order patrol the joe bases and keep cobras out. a must for those who like their bases to be protected.

2 - Dial Tone - um...he's the communications field officer. you can't glaze over communications. you don't throw away a guy who has a multi frequency radio that can broadcast and receive on multiple channels and who can code break for a walkie talkie.

1 - Mainframe - he's like dial tone...but for computers.

this list is d.u.m.b. it's like these guys try to put together funny lists, but do very little research or have zero imagination.

• Like 1

yeah man, this guy was dead wrong. I loved all of those guys except Tollbooth.

I mean Airtight was one of my top 5 favorites... his uniform was just too cool looking.

I never left any of those guys in the box

Amazing how no one gets the humor.....oh well

i guess so. it would have been funny if the list had more a listers like ship on it. like if it was snake eyes, duke, scarlet, roadblock, etc. but as is? yeah, i don't see the humor. i mean, i get he's trying to make a joke about these guys being one dimensional and you don't need them, but his reasons are dumb.

i guess so. it would have been funny if the list had more a listers like ship on it. like if it was snake eyes, duke, scarlet, roadblock, etc. but as is? yeah, i don't see the humor. i mean, i get he's trying to make a joke about these guys being one dimensional and you don't need them, but his reasons are dumb.

Hey man just chalk it up to the fact that its not your type of humor. He wasn't trying to be ironic, he used a hint of truth. I personally and for no apparent reason love Tripwire but I do understand WHY he is on the list and the commentary on him was hilarious. The jokes about Dial Tone were hilarious, what everyone has always joked and teased about as kids,....I know I did. Everyone on the list isn't a "combat" trooper so to say. Seriously, the average kid preferred typical, sterotyped warrior guys...not Lifeline. Granted most of us here like the broader range for different reasons but who couldn't understand the point his chosen few.

If you don't get it no biggie, if you do enjoy.

Who made that list? I always used everyone of those Joes on the list. Tollbooth was one of my favorites!!!! I really wish they made an updated one.

Hell yeah, many a cobra got that sledge hammer upside their face. Although to be fair I think I gave it to Sgt Slaughter more often then not.

I don't get it myself.. seems pretty sophomoric to me... this guy thinks that adding in the f-bomb makes everything funny..

lame

Really,if so many people left Dial-Tone or Life-Line "in the box",shouldn't Breaker and Doc be on there as well?

now, those two guys did get left behind in my toybox.. as did all the other green-shirt boring dudes

this list is d.u.m.b. it's like these guys try to put together funny lists, but do very little research or have zero imagination.

see, that is the problem.. they did do research, but only on the filecards or whatever... it's like they skimmed through yojoe.com and decided who was crappy...

I doubt the author actually really liked Joe as a kid or played with them very much

7 - Airtight - I know I used this guy when I played (tho I admit I forgot what he looked like and what his job was till I saw the picture)

6 - Tollboth - Eh, I know I had him, but really don't remember doing anything with him other than using him as a driver.

5 - Shipwreck - wtf? Ship saw action EVERY water mission and a lot of land missions in my yard. this list just went off the rails. 2,977 people are dumb for "liking" this list.

4 - Tripwire - ok, i guess this guys joes constantly got blown up my mines. mine didn't because I FRIGGIN USED TRIPWIRE!!!

3 - Law - Law and Order patrol the joe bases and keep cobras out. a must for those who like their bases to be protected.

2 - Dial Tone - um...he's the communications field officer. you can't glaze over communications. you don't throw away a guy who has a multi frequency radio that can broadcast and receive on multiple channels and who can code break for a walkie talkie.

8 - Lifeline, OK, a medic is pretty essential. I'll give you that one.

7 - Airtight. If there's no chemical threat, there's no use. And for that matter, if there is a chemical threat, everyone else is dead anyway because he's the only one in the protective gear.

6 - Tollbooth. If you're not crossing any self made bridges, what does he do? Sit in his bridge layer. Exciting.

5 - Shipwreck. Never really saw a use for a guy in a sailor suit and hat. He wasn't a SEAL, just some regular sailor. A good one, but if you're doing land based missions, he's just another dude with a rifle.

4 - Tripwire. Woulnd't be a bad guy to have if you're in mine infested areas. But for him to do his job with any accuracy, it would take forever, and you battles would have to wait hours for him to clear the area out. Then, he's just another guy with a rifle.

3 - Law. Yeah, patrol those bases. Exciting. It's good to know that we have a guy that can pull guard with a gun and walk a perimiter. Oh wait, anyone on the Joe team can do that. He's a useful as a real MP in garrison.

2 - Dial Tone. OK, so no one else on the Joe team knows how to use a radio? That's basic training stuff there. What, his radio is super special? How bout a 30 minute block of instruction so anyone can push the talk button and make a call?

1 - Mainframe. While this guy is a lot more essential now, computer warfare wasn't exactly at the forefront of battle in the early to mid 80's. So, his job would be more like it said in the article, tech support. "Fix my computer so I can play some pong."

Just because you played with these guys as a kid, doesn't mean his reason don't make some sense.

And don't forget, this is all supposed to be for fun. People need not take this so seriously.

8 - Lifeline, OK, a medic is pretty essential. I'll give you that one.

7 - Airtight. If there's no chemical threat, there's no use. And for that matter, if there is a chemical threat, everyone else is dead anyway because he's the only one in the protective gear.

6 - Tollbooth. If you're not crossing any self made bridges, what does he do? Sit in his bridge layer. Exciting.

5 - Shipwreck. Never really saw a use for a guy in a sailor suit and hat. He wasn't a SEAL, just some regular sailor. A good one, but if you're doing land based missions, he's just another dude with a rifle.

4 - Tripwire. Woulnd't be a bad guy to have if you're in mine infested areas. But for him to do his job with any accuracy, it would take forever, and you battles would have to wait hours for him to clear the area out. Then, he's just another guy with a rifle.

3 - Law. Yeah, patrol those bases. Exciting. It's good to know that we have a guy that can pull guard with a gun and walk a perimiter. Oh wait, anyone on the Joe team can do that. He's a useful as a real MP in garrison.

2 - Dial Tone. OK, so no one else on the Joe team knows how to use a radio? That's basic training stuff there. What, his radio is super special? How bout a 30 minute block of instruction so anyone can push the talk button and make a call?

1 - Mainframe. While this guy is a lot more essential now, computer warfare wasn't exactly at the forefront of battle in the early to mid 80's. So, his job would be more like it said in the article, tech support. "Fix my computer so I can play some pong."

Just because you played with these guys as a kid, doesn't mean his reason don't make some sense.

And don't forget, this is all supposed to be for fun. People need not take this so seriously.

You get it, you seem to be the only one.

Not the only one, but this is a very specific type of tongue in cheek taking things literal humor. As is most of the site. It's taking broad stereotypes and blowing them up. Or, better put, removing the concept of suspension of belief from fiction. The irony is taking everything so meticulously literal. But, as I've stated in other cracked.com topics - I waited tables for a long time and this was the pseudo-smutty, tongue in cheek jesting I'm accustomed to.

I doubt the author was a huge GI Joe fan too, but it's the same 'outside of the fan-base looking in' that many people do with current pop-culture hits like Twilight.

But to add to the list, what about Deep-Six v1? If he wasn't part of an under sea adventure he was a giant walking target. And don't get me started on Budo. Loved the look as the kid, but thinking about it with practicality as an adult - what the hell was a Samurai doing on a battle field with tanks, planes, and laser guns? (And, yes, this would apply to 99.9 % of Ninja Force too.)

• Like 1

Not the only one, but this is a very specific type of tongue in cheek taking things literal humor. As is most of the site. It's taking broad stereotypes and blowing them up. Or, better put, removing the concept of suspension of belief from fiction. The irony is taking everything so meticulously literal. But, as I've stated in other cracked.com topics - I waited tables for a long time and this was the pseudo-smutty, tongue in cheek jesting I'm accustomed to.

I doubt the author was a huge GI Joe fan too, but it's the same 'outside of the fan-base looking in' that many people do with current pop-culture hits like Twilight.

But to add to the list, what about Deep-Six v1? If he wasn't part of an under sea adventure he was a giant walking target. And don't get me started on Budo. Loved the look as the kid, but thinking about it with practicality as an adult - what the hell was a Samurai doing on a battle field with tanks, planes, and laser guns? (And, yes, this would apply to 99.9 % of Ninja Force too.)

"pseudo-smutty, tongue in cheek jesting"...dude that was funnier than the article.

Deep Six and Samurai are good examples, I totally forgot about them. They are 9 and 10 now.

• Like 2

LOL That was hilarious! And for those of you whining about the list; There's a new thing sweeping the nation. It's called a Sense of Humor. GET ONE!!

His first name was G.I., his last name was Joe, and his middle name was #$## You for Asking, Commie

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-8-g.i.-joes-most-frequently-left-in-box/#ixzz1A0Vbwxjx

@loll@ I'm gonna have to remember that XD

• Like 1

Hey man just chalk it up to the fact that its not your type of humor. He wasn't trying to be ironic, he used a hint of truth. I personally and for no apparent reason love Tripwire but I do understand WHY he is on the list and the commentary on him was hilarious. The jokes about Dial Tone were hilarious, what everyone has always joked and teased about as kids,....I know I did. Everyone on the list isn't a "combat" trooper so to say. Seriously, the average kid preferred typical, sterotyped warrior guys...not Lifeline. Granted most of us here like the broader range for different reasons but who couldn't understand the point his chosen few.

If you don't get it no biggie, if you do enjoy.

all of my joes were combat troops. gi joe is the best of the best.