1. 1. missed out Characters in 25th style or keep with poc

• yes only Characters we missed out on in 4) 5packs
    • yes only missed out Characters in single packs
    • no who cares what we get /other
  2. 2. no stick with poc its a winner who cares its 30yrs

• yes stick wit poc for the 30 yr anny of joe
    • no
    • other

ok in just a yr it will be the 30yr anny for joes. so what would u like to see done for the 30yr anny. for me i would like to see 4)5 packs of some of the Characters we missed in the 25th anny figs, ie footloose, repeater, hard ball, leatherneck etc. all in there v1 colors with killer update to there V1 molds but still true to them.

i think 4)5 packs would be cool. 1) a troop builder pack with 1 of each cobra troopers we didnt get. 2) the rest of the noks with Zandra,zarana at the top of my list. but no zartan or Characters we already got i want it to be Characters we didnt get and just for the collectors. 3&4) 2 of the packs for the joes. no repacks or repaint of Characters we got in the 25th line. i cant stress enough that i dont want duke,cc,SE,SS,destro,zartan&baroness. just ones we missed out on.

so what about you guys.

added 2 polls to see so lets get this talked about. we have a yr and might get hasbro a heads up on what we want cuse we know it takes a yr to get it rdy lol.

i pretty sure they wont do a full line for it like they did with the 25th anny.

I definitely think Hasbro should do what Starwars does and have the regular line and a "vintage" line... (Starwars actually has 3 lines going: Clone Wars, Saga, Vintage)

there were still a ton of figures that we didn't get in the 25th line.. and there were also a lot of figures that desperately need to be redone or "updated" (like Duke v1, Destro v1 , Roadblock v1, etc)

I definitely think Hasbro should do what Starwars does and have the regular line and a "vintage" line... (Starwars actually has 3 lines going: Clone Wars, Saga, Vintage)

there were still a ton of figures that we didn't get in the 25th line.. and there were also a lot of figures that desperately need to be redone or "updated" (like Duke v1, Destro v1 , Roadblock v1, etc)

well it looks like some ppl just dont care anymore like the heart of collecting joe is dead. it seems like we all just hope we see good toys on the shelves for joes.

clam i hear ya but hasbro has killed joe to the point we are luck to see some stores have 2-5 pegs full of joes. it will never be as big as TF or SW so us getting 2 lines is a pips dream and it sucks!!!!!! with every reboot it has changed the history of joe to the point as the kids dont care and us fans really dont care as much as we did. i know i dont care as much as i did 2yrs ago.

I'd love to see Hasbro just start fresh! But with GIJoe II on the horizon, I know this won't happen. My dream Joe line would be the quality of the POC stuff with a new updated universe sprinkled with "older" Joe members. Perhaps a Major or Colonel Falcon? A 60ish Snake Eyes in the cabin...brought back for one more mission? Sure...keep CC in charge. Go with the next generation of McCullens (Destro & Baroness's son...or maybe daughter?...that would kick ass). I am tired of the ever 30ish Duke...the never aging Joes and Cobras. The 30th anniversary would be awesome if it had characters that were 30 years older...as well as NEW characters. And, yes, you could have "tribute" figures mixed in...various ARAH characters in new molds. Just put them some sort of tribute logo on the card. Kids could use them with the line and collectors could put them on a shelf with the 25th stuff.

But with renegades out there...the line has been rebooted...with a 60ish year old character in a 20 something body. Joy! But then again if we got what we wanted...we'd never have to customize, huh?

As long as they keep doing things POC-style, I'm happy. I like upgrades, not rehashes.

I hear what you are saying.. but you wouldn't like them to make more figures like the new RAH LowLight?

As long as they keep doing things POC-style, I'm happy. I like upgrades, not rehashes.

I hear what you are saying.. but you wouldn't like them to make more figures like the new RAH LowLight?

Sure, but with smart upgrades to them.

I don't need or want another RAH-style Duke--he's been done, and frankly I cannot imagine how they could do him "better". The problem is that even in the 25th Anniversary style he's plain ol' vanilla.

POC3 Duke is nice, but he reflects that "vanilla" problem: how do you do an upgrade for a character like that and make it work AND make it different at the same time.

Jungle Duke is an excellent figure, one of the standouts, but while is a welcome variation on a theme, its still not considered "Duke".

Low-light is neat because they gave him a bunch of logical (and COOL) accessories--and that is what makes him work.

He's kind of like an "ultimate/definite" version of Low-light--like what we have with Snake Eyes in POC3, and Snowjob in POC1.

What, for example, could they do with Sci-Fi? Or, Sneak Peek? Or........oh pick one.

I don't consider POC Beachhead, Dusty or Zartan to be upgrades of their original looks because there's too much deviation--but they are very welcome figures as they are. At the same time though, I have taken to the idea of the new Shock Troopers being the new upgraded COBRA "blueshirts"--so call me on that curious hypocrisy.

I get an odd feeling that POC3 Duke was intended to be another of of these "ultimate upgraded" versions, but for whatever reasons the accessories didn't pan out, so they went with the bizarre plasma cannon thing. I say this because looking at the figure stripped down, he's the basic RAH Duke with just some body armour and knee-pads.

My thoughts: salt the line here and there with figures like Snake Eyes and Low-light, as the inspiration comes to the designers. Don't go out of the way to make an entire wave "definitive" in that sense. Give us more like Zartan and Dusty along the way.

The wording of those poll choices is a mess.

As much as I love the 25th Anniversary Line, I'd prefer to see more characters revisited in POC style. I'd love to see Major Bludd, Gung Ho, Leatherneck, and the Original 13 revisited in this style. Unfortunately, we're doomed to get figures based on the animated series with a new POC fig thrown in every now and then.

The wording of those poll choices is a mess.

As much as I love the 25th Anniversary Line, I'd prefer to see more characters revisited in POC style. I'd love to see Major Bludd, Gung Ho, Leatherneck, and the Original 13 revisited in this style. Unfortunately, we're doomed to get figures based on the animated series with a new POC fig thrown in every now and then.

sorry i did it the way i thought would be easy to see u want 5 packs of the 25anny guys we missed or single or stick wit poc or something totally new as in other.

Star Wars does have three lines and the one that is most plentiful is the Saga aka rehash line. Star Wars fans have been asking for years to clear this one from the pegs to open up space for Clone Wars and the movie based line.

I think the bigger issue with GI Joe and figures desperately needing updates is that the original run has an expansive 300 + character library to choose from and everyone has a few 'favorites'. Sure, some are widely popular across the fanbase and some are guilty pleasure favorites (I'd never admit it out loud, but a Captn Grid Iron and Fast Draw updates would be super keen!) They have damn near upgraded everyone up through '86. But what defines a proper upgrade? They are all better than their predecessors.

well it looks like some ppl just dont care anymore like the heart of collecting joe is dead. it seems like we all just hope we see good toys on the shelves for joes.

clam i hear ya but hasbro has killed joe to the point we are luck to see some stores have 2-5 pegs full of joes. it will never be as big as TF or SW so us getting 2 lines is a pips dream and it sucks!!!!!! with every reboot it has changed the history of joe to the point as the kids dont care and us fans really dont care as much as we did. i know i dont care as much as i did 2yrs ago.

Unfortunately, Joe doesn't have a timeless story and everyone is just a plain vanilla human. You have to keep reinventing or rebooting or you end up having a buncha old guys duking it out. Vietnam was so 1960s/70s and even the Gulf War ages our vets these days. And you have to keep upgrading the tech and the story for a newer generation. Ask most kids about Star Wars and they couldn't tell you who Boba Fett is, at least as an adult, (as evident when last Halloween when my 5 year old dressed up as the older version of the Mandalorian), but they can tell you who Commander Cody and Capt. Rex are. At least the core characters are still around and at least kids love ninjas now as much as they did in the 80's. :D

I'd love to see Hasbro just start fresh! But with GIJoe II on the horizon, I know this won't happen. My dream Joe line would be the quality of the POC stuff with a new updated universe sprinkled with "older" Joe members. Perhaps a Major or Colonel Falcon? A 60ish Snake Eyes in the cabin...brought back for one more mission? Sure...keep CC in charge. Go with the next generation of McCullens (Destro & Baroness's son...or maybe daughter?...that would kick ass). I am tired of the ever 30ish Duke...the never aging Joes and Cobras. The 30th anniversary would be awesome if it had characters that were 30 years older...as well as NEW characters. And, yes, you could have "tribute" figures mixed in...various ARAH characters in new molds. Just put them some sort of tribute logo on the card. Kids could use them with the line and collectors could put them on a shelf with the 25th stuff.

But with renegades out there...the line has been rebooted...with a 60ish year old character in a 20 something body. Joy! But then again if we got what we wanted...we'd never have to customize, huh?

Never aging Joes and Cobras is just the way fiction goes. Batman and Superman will always be early 30s. Spider-Man will always hinge in that mid to late 20s range. And anytime you try to update or replace there is a huge backlash from the fanbase. A couple complete reinventions of the mythos GI Joe, sans Duke, Snake Eyes, etc..., has been attempted since the 80s and always failed miserably.

I like the peppering of the line with new updates, classic definitive looks, and new trooper updates on Cobras end. And I like still seeing GI Joe still on the pegs four years after the re-start-up.

I want a complete return to 0 ring/vintage style figures. that will get me buying again. dont get me wrong i know you guys love your roc,poc 25ths ect ect. but what i want is new figures in the old style and characters that never got made that we wanted to see back in the day. my collection is all vintage 82-94/ 97-02 if not that then i wouldnt mind them doing a 70's retro mego style gijoe figures in the 8'' scale that could be cool, as long as they come in under 20 bucks each.

TM

Star Wars does have three lines and the one that is most plentiful is the Saga aka rehash line. Star Wars fans have been asking for years to clear this one from the pegs to open up space for Clone Wars and the movie based line.

I think the bigger issue with GI Joe and figures desperately needing updates is that the original run has an expansive 300 + character library to choose from and everyone has a few 'favorites'. Sure, some are widely popular across the fanbase and some are guilty pleasure favorites (I'd never admit it out loud, but a Captn Grid Iron and Fast Draw updates would be super keen!) They have damn near upgraded everyone up through '86. But what defines a proper upgrade? They are all better than their predecessors.

Unfortunately, Joe doesn't have a timeless story and everyone is just a plain vanilla human. You have to keep reinventing or rebooting or you end up having a buncha old guys duking it out. Vietnam was so 1960s/70s and even the Gulf War ages our vets these days. And you have to keep upgrading the tech and the story for a newer generation. Ask most kids about Star Wars and they couldn't tell you who Boba Fett is, at least as an adult, (as evident when last Halloween when my 5 year old dressed up as the older version of the Mandalorian), but they can tell you who Commander Cody and Capt. Rex are. At least the core characters are still around and at least kids love ninjas now as much as they did in the 80's. :D

Never aging Joes and Cobras is just the way fiction goes. Batman and Superman will always be early 30s. Spider-Man will always hinge in that mid to late 20s range. And anytime you try to update or replace there is a huge backlash from the fanbase. A couple complete reinventions of the mythos GI Joe, sans Duke, Snake Eyes, etc..., has been attempted since the 80s and always failed miserably.

I like the peppering of the line with new updates, classic definitive looks, and new trooper updates on Cobras end. And I like still seeing GI Joe still on the pegs four years after the re-start-up.

I hear ya...suppose that's why I could never get into the typical comics...only ever read Wolverine, PWJ and GIJoe (original Hama run). I will always see Snake Eyes, Stalker, Hawk, Scarlett, Tommy and Zartan as Vietnam era characters...which ages them dramatically. I cannot see them as ...what? Iraqi Freedom vets? Just doesn't sit right. I still think they could use a lot of the popular characters properly aged in a new relaunch. Star Wars thrived with a younger Obi and Vader...why can't Joe survive with an older Cobra Commander, Snake Eyes, Destro and Duke? They could. I do agree that if you take all of them out it will fail. A relaunch would take a talent like Hama to create a updated universe. It's just easier to use the same characters over and over again.

I want a complete return to 0 ring/vintage style figures. that will get me buying again. dont get me wrong i know you guys love your roc,poc 25ths ect ect. but what i want is new figures in the old style and characters that never got made that we wanted to see back in the day. my collection is all vintage 82-94/ 97-02 if not that then i wouldnt mind them doing a 70's retro mego style gijoe figures in the 8'' scale that could be cool, as long as they come in under 20 bucks each.

TM

im wit u on that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i would love to see what they are doing now and just add the oring or a back screw to the 25th/ poc bodies.

For the last six years I've been waiting for a brand new original sculpt Falcon. Thats all I want.He can be based on the vintage or be modern but just release Falcon damit. No more Dukes, storm shadows or snake eyes please. Actually I'd even settle for just a new sculpted Falcon head on that jungle assault Dukes body.

we did get a falcon in the comic packs now granted he could of been done 10x better lol. we where suposed to get a night force one too but hasbro in there vast knowledge caned alot of the 25th & resolute stuff for the move line. i would like to see them redo him him and a few others from the 25th line but first i want ones we missed out on.

look here v

http://yojoe.com/action/08/ltfalcon4.shtml

i def feel they should have at least 2 lines going 1 for the poc/renegades 2 for the classic vintage line. but we all know hasbro wont do that hell they cant even keep some stores stocked with joe. they took a chance on the movie and it failed and we the fans are the ones who suffer for it. POC is a good idea/line they say we will get more and i hope we do as long as they make good figs. i feel the only reason why poc is doing so well is cuse of the gear and a few killer molds. but thats just me lol. lets just hope they do something killer for the 30yr anny.

I hope they continue with POC, occasionally throwing us nods to old characters like they did with Low-Light.

POC continues to impress me. I just opened up Firefly, and he's now one of my favorite GI Joe figures ever.