pooda

Green Lantern Movie Masters?

It's funny how in attempts to make aliens look less humaniod they all end up with the same basic design anyway, long, tall, stringy, and ugly. I don't know I just can't relate to how ugly Tomar is in the movie, let alone the figure design as well as G'Hu.

Green_Lantern_Movie_Kilowog.jpg

also, there was a rumor bzzt is in the movie. the guardians arent tall. paralax is in the movie and isn't any of those.

also, also, ugly is in the eye of the beholder.

then there's this...

2011-Green-Lantern-Movie-1024x1024-20101221.jpg

I know they aren't all going to look like that but I was speaking on Tomar and G'Hu and our modern interpretation of what an alien looks like.

Oh and the outfit is ugly for GL, also it was a piss poor move to make his costume CGI. I know I said it before but a decent body suit with some CGI effects goes a long way past this. The trailer makes the outfit look like a Pixar movie.

• Like 2

Ok, about GL's suit. Yes it is different from the comics, but I look at it the same way I do the alien lanterns.

Just as an alien from a distant world won't look like a body-builder with a bird's head, an intergalactic police force probably wouldn't run around in green and black spandex uniforms.

As for the biggest trend in movie hero-wear, I think the latex armor look would've been wrong as well.

I give the production team points for trying something different.

It's funny how in attempts to make aliens look less humaniod they all end up with the same basic design anyway, long, tall, stringy, and ugly. I don't know I just can't relate to how ugly Tomar is in the movie, let alone the figure design as well as G'Hu.

Green_Lantern_Movie_Kilowog.jpg

also, there was a rumor bzzt is in the movie. the guardians arent tall. paralax is in the movie and isn't any of those.

then there's this...

2011-Green-Lantern-Movie-1024x1024-20101221.jpg

I know they aren't all going to look like that but I was speaking on Tomar and G'Hu and our modern interpretation of what an alien looks like.

Oh and the outfit is ugly for GL, also it was a piss poor move to make his costume CGI. I know I said it before but a decent body suit with some CGI effects goes a long way past this. The trailer makes the outfit look like a Pixar movie.

i was replying to the part i bolded where you said "It's funny how in attempts to make aliens look less humaniod they all end up with the same basic design anyway, long, tall, stringy, and ugly."

clearly, not all of the aliens they are creating in this movie are of the same basic design. not all of them are long. not all are tall. not all are stringy. and ugly is a matter of opinion. i mean, i don't think they sat down and said, lets make them ugly.

• Like 1

We don't need the Green Lantern suits to look exactly like how they did in the comics. The problem is whether the changes are good or not, in this case the outfit is ugly and the changes were terrible. I think CGI is best left for landscapes and stuff like that. A decent body suit would of been nice. They changed the FF outfits and I was quite pleased, I think they did a good job, but every studio does something different with these characters and you know what its a played out trend. I am not impressed with the notion of a studio trying something different (Batman Begins, Transformers, GI JOE), sometimes the outfits are altogether terrible. At the very least the Superman costume stays true to the comics or closest to it, with the Hulk its a different story because its just ripped pants so there usually isn't much change there.

• Like 2

then there's this...

i was replying to the part i bolded where you said "It's funny how in attempts to make aliens look less humaniod they all end up with the same basic design anyway, long, tall, stringy, and ugly."

clearly, not all of the aliens they are creating in this movie are of the same basic design. not all of them are long. not all are tall. not all are stringy. and ugly is a matter of opinion. i mean, i don't think they sat down and said, lets make them ugly.

Wait, so you honestly believed I was talking about ALL the lanterns....lol

Secondly, I was speaking in general, about the look of aliens across the board, all movies.

Seriously do you just wait for me to post so you can be contrary to everything I say. You don't get where I am coming from so you should just really ignore whatever I post. Who really cares what I deem ugly and not, why even waste a post on it????

well, since this was a post about GL, i thought you were talking about aliens in the gl movie.

• Like 1

We don't need the Green Lantern suits to look exactly like how they did in the comics.

wrongggggggg @grumpy@

• Like 2

approximately 14" tall with 20 plus points of articulation. Light up eyes & chest emblem.

164328_10150112442305071_526285070_8157775_43357_n.jpg

Rot Lop Fan

green-lantern-movie-fig-01.jpg

• Like 2

I saw Rot Lop Fan on that website shokker posted. I think it looks cool, and I'm glad to see all these unique sculpts.

That 14" Hal seems really bland when compared to these other figures.

I seriously don't think I will be buying any from the movie masters line, horrible Hal and even worse alien. I wonder if in this day and age stuff like that can move on the shelves...time will only tell.

Amazing that they made a 14 inch Hal but seem unable or unwilling to give us DCUC BAF's larger than 12 inches.

• Like 1

We don't need the Green Lantern suits to look exactly like how they did in the comics.

wrongggggggg @grumpy@

Oh, it's okay for Batman to run around in Black latex (oops, I mean "a Nomex survival suit with Kevlar by-weave @hmmm@ ) since '89, and Spidey to swing around the city in silk-screened spandex with embossed latex webbing (where does a broke high-school kid even get silk-screened spandex with latex webbing?), but all GLs HAVE to wear green and black unitards with white opera gloves?

The more I'm seeing, the more I'm hoping they will keep the 6 inchers under $15 a pop (Hate to sound like a broken record but I'm at a breaking point with figures and the ridiculous pricing across the board) I'd like to gets me some of these!

Don't be suprised if any of these new aliens make it to the main-continuity GL comic once this movie comes out. Comics ride the coat tails of their movies all the time:

When X-Men came out, they gave them all leather costumes in the comics.

When Spider-Man came out, they gave Spidey "organic" webbing in the comics.

When Batman Begins came out, suddenly Batman was trained by the League of Shadows in the comics.

When Superman Returns came out, Supes started wearing an S on his belt buckle in the comics.....

the list goes on and on.

i wait until i see what mattel has to offer at toyfare. the pics i have seen for now are good and bad at the same time. i love the suits and that they go with different type of aliens then the regular human body. i dont know why people hate the suit so much. it looks like the comic version with lights and details. dont know whats wrong with it. it looks great for me.

Those trying to hijack the thread to start petty bickering amongst yourselves, knock it off or your gonna find yourselves outta here. Consider this final warning to all in regards to the 2 year old behavior.

Those trying to hijack the thread to start petty bickering amongst yourselves, knock it off or your gonna find yourselves outta here. Consider this final warning to all in regards to the 2 year old behavior.

Petty Bickering? Isn't that always what we do here?

Anyway, This Green Lantern line pretty much is turning out to be a pile of suck. I guess it comes down to whether you like the movie interpretations or not; i don't think it really has anything to do with the toys (although they are starting to look like cheap hasbro ML). I hate the designs and just about everything i've seen with the movie. I will not be seeing this in theatres. (BTW, I also hated the spiderman, superman and batman costumes; I did like however that we got Joker goons and Harvey Dent which were the only MM figures I bought)

As far as these alien movie GL's, If i find these cheap on ebay, maybe i'll recolor them to fit with the other DCUC lanterns. But i don't think i'm missing much here.

regards

Joshua aka the champ

To be clear, none of these aliens are 'new'. They've mostly been redesigned (badly, IMO, but whatever) for the movie, but all are established characters in the GL mythos already. G'hu is the most recent, having been introduced in 2008 IIRC.

Petty Bickering? Isn't that always what we do here?

Anyway, This Green Lantern line pretty much is turning out to be a pile of suck. I guess it comes down to whether you like the movie interpretations or not; i don't think it really has anything to do with the toys (although they are starting to look like cheap hasbro ML). I hate the designs and just about everything i've seen with the movie. I will not be seeing this in theatres. (BTW, I also hated the spiderman, superman and batman costumes; I did like however that we got Joker goons and Harvey Dent which were the only MM figures I bought)

As far as these alien movie GL's, If i find these cheap on ebay, maybe i'll recolor them to fit with the other DCUC lanterns. But i don't think i'm missing much here.

regards

Joshua aka the champ

Pile of suck seems a little extreme, but to each their own.

I may not buy the GL MM's myself if they're not closer to DCUC scale than past MM offerings.

New images have hit for Green Lantern Classics.

Soooo, not digging the mid waste swivel, poor idea Mattel, otherwise the sculpt is great except for the boobs.

Star-Sapphire-1-150x416.jpg

Looks good

Sodam-Yat-1-150x324.jpg

• Like 1

Pile of suck seems a little extreme, but to each their own.

I may not buy the GL MM's myself if they're not closer to DCUC scale than past MM offerings.

Oh yeah, I forgot that MM's are not in the same scale as DCUC's, well that certainly doesn't help the cause either. I don't really think it's going to matter much for the aliens though. They really are ugly figures (i mean the construction, starting to look very much like Hasbro ML)

Soooo, not digging the mid waste swivel, poor idea Mattel, otherwise the sculpt is great except for the boobs.

Looks good

Sodam-Yat-1-150x324.jpg

I don't really care for much in this line but i will get the Fish/tree head lantern. I have an extra Hal body to switch that to. The Star Sapphire is ridiculous. Mattel's just following their usual generic body with painted details, obviously this will be a new buck for women figures. I wish Mattel would try to hide just a little that they're just repainting the same mold.

I'd like to know where the classic Star Sapphire is, or will i have to make one from a Zanya figure?

Looks good

Sodam-Yat-1-150x324.jpg

I don't really care for much in this line but i will get the Fish/tree head lantern. I have an extra Hal body to switch that to. The Star Sapphire is ridiculous. Mattel's just following their usual generic body with painted details, obviously this will be a new buck for women figures. I wish Mattel would try to hide just a little that they're just repainting the same mold.

I'd like to know where the classic Star Sapphire is, or will i have to make one from a Zanya figure?

fish/tree head? oh my i thought it was a carrot guitar.gifguitar.gif i love this new wave. i realy cant wait to have them. when are they do? march? april? so sad that they stop after those. realy this line has/had potential.

I like the Green Lantern Classics line, the movie masters are atrocious.

we just saw some bad painted prototypes of whats to come i believe. it is nice to see a lot of different sculpts from mattel. i wait until i se them in person or when i see some official pictures until i do my final judgement.