Green Lantern Movie Masters?

pooda

I was giving it the benifit of the doubt on price since it's an "early bird", but 4 inches? Yeah...that's what I mean about not getting to excited about anything because of the cost. I'll bet $15 retail price for a standard 6'' movie figure would be optimistic...

• Like 1

4 inch uh? COOOOL!!!! I thought those were the 6" movie figures, and was soooo disappointed. I believe the GLMM are or will be sculpted by the horsemen, just like they did with DKRMM

4 inch uh? COOOOL!!!! I thought those were the 6" movie figures, and was soooo disappointed. I believe the GLMM are or will be sculpted by the horsemen, just like they did with DKRMM

tomar is a 6 inch fig.

tomar is a 6 inch fig.

yeah, the hal pre-order is 4".

• Like 1

I agree with what someone said above, I love the "alien" look. He shouldn't just be a regular human body with an alien head.

As for the TRU exclusive, just make your own custom using an Avatar and old DCIH Hal(or John Stewert if you have one):

4f519fb6.jpg

smile.gif

tomar is a 6 inch fig.

darn....then ipm dissapointed again...I hope I improve my customizing skills by the time those figs hit retail, I ca repaint that ugly face

• Like 1

Wow! That thing is a fugly figure!! I don't mind the design of the character much though i wish he was more human like, like the real one from the comics. The figure just looks bad!! I HATE that abb swivel thing they have got going on! Its on the female WWE figs and its useless!!

Draven

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I found this at Superherohype.com. It's G'hu, the preview figure with Wave 2 GL Classics:

ghu.jpg

what in the ??????????????????? is that??????????? since when did the muppets take over the green lanterns????????????????????????????

oh hell, this is wrong. i thought that the new scream figure would become the most ugly figure in the year 2011 but i guess i have to change my mind. lol.

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I found this at Superherohype.com. It's G'hu, the preview figure with Wave 2 GL Classics:

what in the ??????????????????? is that??????????? since when did the muppets take over the green lanterns????????????????????????????

oh hell, this is wrong. i thought that the new scream figure would become the most ugly figure in the year 2011 but i guess i have to change my mind. lol.

I found this picture of him from the comics. He's a relatively newer character:

521481-0000_large.jpg

ghu.jpg

Yeesh! This thing looks like a handful of old seaweed. I can't believe in the preciously limited slots of the GL Classics line, we're getting THIS over so many other characters!

• Like 1

lmfao some #@$#@ did actually slap me with a negative @loll@ now someone slap me with a few positives :P lol I guess we can expect any gl movie figure to look awful

• Like 1

I'm really surprised that Tomar Re is standing up. It looks unstable but I suppose I'll have to get him to find out. And I'll probably get him because he's just another weird alien to add to the ranks of the Green Lantern Corps. I'll pass on the Hal Jordan since most of my DC collection is 6". G'hu is also a definite buy (especially since I want to build the CnC).

And I still have a Superman Returns figure on my shelf. But that's because Brandon Routh is from the town just south of where I grew up.

ghu.jpg

See, I think this guy looks cool.

Again, liking what I'm seeing.

Again, will probably be out of my price range.

This movie is going to come out and everyone is going to change their tune about the characters and and this toy line. That's my guess.

• Like 1

And you guys wonder why companies don't like images of their prototypes leaked.. I mean, wait till you see better images of it photographed how it's supposed to look, not some half finished/painted scanned figure sitting on the back of some chinese guy's toilet...

Again, like the first one. I'm glad it's not some regular HUMAN superhero body with an alien head.... If it was, then I would be afraid for the movie.

It's funny how in attempts to make aliens look less humaniod they all end up with the same basic design anyway, long, tall, stringy, and ugly. I don't know I just can't relate to how ugly Tomar is in the movie, let alone the figure design as well as G'Hu.

Beats the aliens on Star Trek TNG where, if you're an "alien", it just means you have a different pattern of bumps on your forehead :)

It's funny how in attempts to make aliens look less humaniod they all end up with the same basic design anyway, long, tall, stringy, and ugly. I don't know I just can't relate to how ugly Tomar is in the movie, let alone the figure design as well as G'Hu.

Green_Lantern_Movie_Kilowog.jpg

also, there was a rumor bzzt is in the movie. the guardians arent tall. paralax is in the movie and isn't any of those.

also, also, ugly is in the eye of the beholder.

then there's this...

2011-Green-Lantern-Movie-1024x1024-20101221.jpg

Beats the aliens on Star Trek TNG where, if you're an "alien", it just means you have a different pattern of bumps on your forehead smile.gif

Well, no one is looking at Star Trek for real alien diveristy, its like they never even tried. I was just noting in general how in order for something to look alien today that means being tall and stringy....even the Transformers or Bayformers have this look.

• Like 1

Green_Lantern_Movie_Kilowog.jpg

also, there was a rumor bzzt is in the movie. the guardians arent tall. paralax is in the movie and isn't any of those.

also, also, ugly is in the eye of the beholder.

then there's this...

2011-Green-Lantern-Movie-1024x1024-20101221.jpg

I know they aren't all going to look like that but I was speaking on Tomar and G'Hu and our modern interpretation of what an alien looks like.

Oh and the outfit is ugly for GL, also it was a piss poor move to make his costume CGI. I know I said it before but a decent body suit with some CGI effects goes a long way past this. The trailer makes the outfit look like a Pixar movie.

• Like 2