Ultimate D.C. fan!!!

CaptainTriumph

i'm the biggest dc fan because i tell the truth.

marvel > dc

No, you most certainly do not tell the truth, especially since you made that absurd claim that Marvel is greater than DC. DC has always been slated at a higher standard than Marvel. Marvel is the whinny man's comic, the "I am a loser at heart and need to see people who can't adjust properly in life" comic. Like I said who would you rather having fighting for you, Captain America or Superman, the JLA or the Avengers?

you're the one whining dude. and as to adjusting to life properly, well, i'm not the one talking about which character is better as some sort of evidence as to who's the biggest dc fan. sorry you can't accept the truth, but i'm the biggest dc fan.

ok, ok, I concede, you are the biggest DC Fan in your typical nihilist fashion

dude, you don't get it. my initial comment was pure sarcasm. obviously if i think marvel is better than dc, i'm NOT the ultimate dc fan.

i'm the biggest dc fan because i tell the truth.

marvel > dc

No, you most certainly do not tell the truth, especially since you made that absurd claim that Marvel is greater than DC. DC has always been slated at a higher standard than Marvel. Marvel is the whinny man's comic, the "I am a loser at heart and need to see people who can't adjust properly in life" comic. Like I said who would you rather having fighting for you, Captain America or Superman, the JLA or the Avengers?

you're the one whining dude. and as to adjusting to life properly, well, i'm not the one talking about which character is better as some sort of evidence as to who's the biggest dc fan. sorry you can't accept the truth, but i'm the biggest dc fan.

ok, ok, I concede, you are the biggest DC Fan in your typical nihilist fashion

dude, you don't get it. my initial comment was pure sarcasm. obviously if i think marvel is better than dc, i'm NOT the ultimate dc fan.

I know, I got what you meant. I was just messing back with you, talking trash about Marvel and Marvel fans.

i swear. some people are just too serious on these boards.

Well, a plugged butt is a rather serious condition.....

...and your the plug aka thorn in the side and whatever universal analogies are used to describe a consistent annoyance

Hey AZZhole, was I referring to YOU???

Kind of suspicious that you step up to take on even that kind of mantle.

• Like 1

i swear. some people are just too serious on these boards.

Well, a plugged butt is a rather serious condition.....

...and your the plug aka thorn in the side and whatever universal analogies are used to describe a consistent annoyance

Hey AZZhole, was I referring to YOU???

Kind of suspicious that you step up to take on even that kind of mantle.

0.jpg

*tsk, tsk* I was found out, now let me pretend I wasn't referring to him *tsk, tsk*

A lot of folks post here and I'm curious which one of you thinks they are the biggest D.C. fan and why?

(This is a purely positive thread so leave any bickering to the Wave 17 and 18 threads already started, please.)

I just want to remind everyone of the spirit of this post as I presented it.

Anyways, who else out there has a claim to fame as the Ultimate Fan?

i couldn't count last night because i received unexpected visit of my brother in law, so i spend time with him. now i will spend 2 days at home. i will post my numbers then.

Please feel free to post your count when you have it!

i couldn't count last night because i received unexpected visit of my brother in law, so i spend time with him. now i will spend 2 days at home. i will post my numbers then.

Please feel free to post your count when you have it!

i have 162 DC figs on display. probably another 20 or so boxed away.

Im the biggest fan because I actually went on a strict diet and worked out for a year to look good in a Superman costume for halloween.tongue.gif

I can relate to that. If it was not for the Spidey and Supes costume I wouldn't know what a gym looked like. I have a deal with my wife that if I can get back in shape a Green Lantern suit is in my future.

I'm not sure if I'm the biggest DC fan in the world , but I'm getting there. I started resetting these shelves a few weeks ago these pictures are from that photo shoot. I've since then reset them again and will show those off in the "Show your DC collection here" area.

Thanks for creating this Ultimate DC fan thing it was incentive for me to do this. Behind all the figures are comics 2 shelving units for DC 2 for Marvel.

Sorry about the overexposure.

P1020259.jpg

P1020260.jpg

P1020268.jpg

P1020256.jpg

I'm not sure if I'm the biggest DC fan in the world , but I'm getting there. I started resetting these shelves a few weeks ago these pictures are from that photo shoot. I've since then reset them again and will show those off in the "Show your DC collection here" area.

Thanks for creating this Ultimate DC fan thing it was incentive for me to do this. Behind all the figures are comics 2 shelving units for DC 2 for Marvel.

Sorry about the overexposure.

P1020259.jpg

P1020260.jpg

P1020268.jpg

P1020256.jpg

That is a very nice display!

wow thats what i call a collection. it must be a #@$#@ do to remove the figures everytime you wanna class your comics, lol. i know that when i have to clean my figs once in a while, it takes me up to 2 days at least. it looks very awesome with the comics in the backs of the figures.

sooooo i am back from counting and the results are:

-464 single dc comics

-28 paperbacks

-133 dcuc and dcsh figures

since i moved, i have less space then before and i have a lot of dc figures still in boxes. i have at least around 50 dc direct figures. around 30 batman movie figures from all the 4 movies and 3 superman returns figures. not to forget a few batman and every villain from the batman animated serie. oh and some total justice figures must be around also in those boxes and not to forget a great conduit figure from the kenner line. i guess thats about it.

sooooo i am back from counting and the results are:

-464 single dc comics

-28 paperbacks

-133 dcuc and dcsh figures

since i moved, i have less space then before and i have a lot of dc figures still in boxes. i have at least around 50 dc direct figures. around 30 batman movie figures from all the 4 movies and 3 superman returns figures. not to forget a few batman and every villain from the batman animated serie. oh and some total justice figures must be around also in those boxes and not to forget a great conduit figure from the kenner line. i guess thats about it.

Thats a nice collection!

Let me throw my hat in the ring. Prior to 2005, I had a comic collection that consisted of 49 longboxes of nothing but DC and Marvel. I had complete runs of Batman, Detective, The Brave and the Bold, The Flash, and Justice League of America from January 1974 through June 2005. Most of the other longrunning titles such as Superman, Action, Green Lantern, and Wonder Woman, I had complete runs from 1980. I also had key issues of those series dating back to the sixties. Unfortunately in 2005, I had hit some tough times financially and couldn't afford to rent a larger apartment for myself, my son, and my comic collection, so I sold off the collection going cold turkey with single issues and reading trades instead. Selling off the collection helped pay the bills during that time and kept the bills paid. After getting back on my feet, I turned my DC collectible desires to action figures and trades.

At this time I have:

Over 240 DCUC/DCSH/DCD 6" figures

225+ JLU/BTAS 4" figures

125+ DCIH 3 3/4 figures

200+ DC TPB/HC's

70+ DC DVD (Animated and Live Action)

30+ Hot Wheels Batmobiles/Batcycles/Batwing (Different Scales)

Ebay005-5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Let me throw my hat in the ring. Prior to 2005, I had a comic collection that consisted of 49 longboxes of nothing but DC and Marvel. I had complete runs of Batman, Detective, The Brave and the Bold, The Flash, and Justice League of America from January 1974 through June 2005. Most of the other longrunning titles such as Superman, Action, Green Lantern, and Wonder Woman, I had complete runs from 1980. I also had key issues of those series dating back to the sixties. Unfortunately in 2005, I had hit some tough times financially and couldn't afford to rent a larger apartment for myself, my son, and my comic collection, so I sold off the collection going cold turkey with single issues and reading trades instead. Selling off the collection helped pay the bills during that time and kept the bills paid. After getting back on my feet, I turned my DC collectible desires to action figures and trades.

At this time I have:

Over 240 DCUC/DCSH/DCD 6" figures

225+ JLU/BTAS 4" figures

125+ DCIH 3 3/4 figures

200+ DC TPB/HC's

70+ DC DVD (Animated and Live Action)

30+ Hot Wheels Batmobiles/Batcycles/Batwing (Different Scales)

Ebay005-5.jpg

Thats a very good collection...sorry to hear about your original comicbook collection...

I always get queasy when I read a story like Dragon66's. I know what its like to amass a collection over decades of collecting. Having to make the choice to get rid of it would kill me. Luckily my dad's mother threw out his 45 collection when he was in the army back in the 60s, so my parents are sympathetic and a large part of my long boxes are in their basement.

I like the idea of using comics as backdrop. The current DC theme from the last couple weeks (white background with the symbol instead of the title) would make a great display.

Great collections everyone!

I always get queasy when I read a story like Dragon66's. I know what its like to amass a collection over decades of collecting. Having to make the choice to get rid of it would kill me. Luckily my dad's mother threw out his 45 collection when he was in the army back in the 60s, so my parents are sympathetic and a large part of my long boxes are in their basement.

I like the idea of using comics as backdrop. The current DC theme from the last couple weeks (white background with the symbol instead of the title) would make a great display.

Great collections everyone!

Thanks for the supportive words, it was tough to part with the collection I had at the time, but it also gave a new perspective on what is important in life. I was like a crack addict running to the store every Wednesday to drop money that I didn't need to be spending at the time. Going through the collection while I was selling it also made me realize that there were a lot of really bad issues that I was holding onto for the sake of having uninterrupted runs of the titles that I collected. That is one of the reasons I moved onto trades which I can choose what stories that I want keep and reread without having to dig through dozens of boxes. I still enjoy my favorite heroes, but I now enjoy them for the stories they are in instead of my drive to keep my collection going.