Return of Power Rangers

hamsterboy

Was over at Nick.com last night and they have a listing for something called Power Rangers:Samurai. I didn't see all of the details.

Strange Shinkenger is being brought to the states since the PR series is usually a year behind Super sentai. By the time Shinenger hits, PR will be 2-3? series behind SS

The last new series was Power Rangers RPM, then they "re-versioned" Mighty Morphin last fall. I haven't really watched Power Rangers since Ninja Storm.

On a side note, I saw the PR Samurai figures and Megazords at Wal-Mart this morning.

How hard was it for me to be a PR fan back in the early/mid 90s and having to keep is a secret for fear of being made fun of? No internet back then to go on and discuss PR with my fellow dorks :)

Last PR I watched was Dino Thunder with Tommy back as leader. Since then I've moved out of the parent's house and haven't had cable for about 4 years. Hard to keep up with PR :(

How hard was it for me to be a PR fan back in the early/mid 90s and having to keep is a secret for fear of being made fun of? No internet back then to go on and discuss PR with my fellow dorks smile.gif

Last PR I watched was Dino Thunder with Tommy back as leader. Since then I've moved out of the parent's house and haven't had cable for about 4 years. Hard to keep up with PR sad.gif

I wouldn't call myself much of a power ranger fan but the return of Tommy made me watch some episoides again. Overall Since Zordan was gone I ignored it and looking back the episoides are almost unwatchable.

The last us series I have seen is Dino Thunder.

They have brought Rita in the american adaptation of magiranger

The original japanese actress played a completely different char in the series, so they made her into a reformed Rita in the US ver

I think she died in real life after doing that series

I also find it strange that they are doin Shinkenger since it is too heavily based on japanese culture. I think they are goin to alter the basic story a lot but in the jp orig. each of the rangers are descendents of japanese samurais.

They also said that they are based in the elements as well, representing earth, wind, water, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

toys are out at toys R us too. honestly Power Rangers was a pretty good show after Lightspeed rescue it went down hill like a car on nitros. DinoThunder wasn't great but it wasn't that bad either mind you I only watched two episodes