DCUC Wave 17

BigBot84

I really don't understand why its so hard for others to understand. Most people do not want an entire wave dedicated to a particular theme. I can see if a wave had a theme of 2 to 4 characters but having the entire wave is not appealing to most people. I personally wouldn't like any wave to be entirely story specific, I like the varied diversity. Wave 11 was a Green Lantern themed wave but it still had diversity, you had Kilowog, John Stewart, The Shark, Cyborg Superman and Katma Tu, but look at the diversity - The Question and Stephenwolf. IMO it was GL overkill but at the very least the other guys didn't make it a GL wave completely and the Shark is mainly a GL villian but fits into other DC characters as well...same as Cyborg Superman. Also I said it before there is a line already dedicated to GL, so why waste a spot in the DCUC?

Truthfully, I could see why having themed Waves could be bad from a business standpoint, but from a fans perspective I am all for it. Wave 16 for instance. I would love to have a Bane figure, but am not really psyched about picking up the Creeper or a Jonah Hex. As a Batman fan it would be easier to sell the BAF if those two were replaced by a new Scarecrow, Freeze, Hugo Strange, Commissioner Gordon, etc. I love Batman so a wave with all of Batman in it and a BAF Bane would be an instant buy. As a GL fan and a Blackest Night fan, Wave 17 is an absolute dream come true. I'm not kissing Mattels feet when I buy it, I'm genuinely excited that they went with the figures of this wave. And if Super Friends is Wave 18, great! I have no interest in Super Friends or a BAF Indian dude (Yup I said Indian dude cuz I cannot remember his name off the top of my head) so I won't buy it. As I said earlier, from a business standpoint they do things like the BAF and non themed waves so that I will pick up a Creeper or a Kamandi (Ultra Humanite's not enough to pick that guy up). For all of you who saw Wave 17, didn't want it, and said, "Great! I'll save some money!" I'm right with you. I'd rather feel that way than have a box full of Obsidians to complete a BAF I have nominal interest in.

LOL...hey Obsidian is cool man...lol, seriously though you didn't like his outfit, I think that is what really makes him.

Hey, nothing wrong with Obsidian. He's just not on my list of buys. Really know nothing about the character. Looks cool, though.

I can't reveal any source, so DON'T EVEN ASK.

Don't believe what you see listed here? Well, you will by SDCC.

Wave 18

El Dorado

Toyman

Black Vulcan

Bizarro

Manhunter

Metallo

Apache Chief

Wave 19

Flash

Shade

Sandman

Vandal Savage

Stargirl

Atom

S.T.R.I.P.E.

Wave 20

Superman

Saint Walker

Firestorm

Larfleeze

Guardian

Arisia

Nekron

He'll be in the 5 pack:

Superman/WonderWoman/Batman repaint in SP colors, New head/armor Lex, all-new Samurai.

Shhhh. It's a secret.

From a post on RTM, so take it with a big grain of salt, but this is the rumor for the 'rest' of 2011.

Wave 18

El Dorado

Toyman

Black Vulcan

Bizarro

Manhunter

Metallo

Apache Chief

Wave 19

Flash

Shade

Sandman

Vandal Savage

Stargirl

Atom

S.T.R.I.P.E.

Wave 20

Superman

Saint Walker

Firestorm

Larfleeze

Guardian

Arisia

Nekron

He'll be in the 5 pack:

Superman/WonderWoman/Batman repaint in SP colors, New head/armor Lex, all-new Samurai.

Shhhh. It's a secret.

From a post on RTM, so take it with a big grain of salt, but this is the rumor for the 'rest' of 2011.

I for one am ok with this. In fact, I am really ok with this if it ends up being true. I'm assuming that the Flash in Wave 19 is more than likely Jay Garrik and that the Firestorm and Superman from Wave 20, if true, would end up being Black Lanterns. Plus I can take a bit of a break in Wave 17 and 18 with no interest in the BAF and a majority of the characters.

Wave 18

El Dorado

Toyman

Black Vulcan

Bizarro

Manhunter

Metallo

Apache Chief

Wave 19

Flash

Shade

Sandman

Vandal Savage

Stargirl

Atom

S.T.R.I.P.E.

Wave 20

Superman

Saint Walker

Firestorm

Larfleeze

Guardian

Arisia

Nekron

He'll be in the 5 pack:

Shhhh. It's a secret.

I never liked the character Nekron but ok, the list aren't bad. Wave 20 seems to be GL themed which I really hope is not true.

Wave 18

El Dorado

Toyman

Black Vulcan

Bizarro

Manhunter

Metallo

Apache Chief

Wave 19

Flash

Shade

Sandman

Vandal Savage

Stargirl

Atom

S.T.R.I.P.E.

Wave 20

Superman

Saint Walker

Firestorm

Larfleeze

Guardian

Arisia

Nekron

He'll be in the 5 pack:

Shhhh. It's a secret.

If this list is true, I will be happy for the next few waves, especially wave 19.

Wave 18

El Dorado

Toyman

Black Vulcan

Bizarro

Manhunter

Metallo

Apache Chief

Wave 19

Flash

Shade

Sandman

Vandal Savage

Stargirl

Atom

S.T.R.I.P.E.

Wave 20

Superman

Saint Walker

Firestorm

Larfleeze

Guardian

Arisia

Nekron

He'll be in the 5 pack:

Shhhh. It's a secret.

And there you go, wave 20 sounds true and should be this;

Wave 20

Superman-BL Superman w/whited out eyes

Saint Walker

Firestorm/BL Firestorm or Deathstorm as he is called who is leading the BL's right now.

Larfleeze

Guardian/ here you go, Ganthet hopefully or maybe a two pack similar to the three pack in GLCC 2.

Arisia, about time

Nekron

If this whole list is true then I'm all for it, 2011 looks to be a good year!!

wow this would be awesome but i have my doubt with wave 20. saint walker, arisia, guardians and larfleeze, all in one wave??? a lot of heavy hitters on a lot of wishlists. i dont know but for me they need some pretty unique body sculpts. i hope it is true because it would be my favorite wave of all time. i dont realy have much in to say about wave 18 and 19 do, toyman is interesting. i hope it is the superman animated version. that was a creepy dude, lol. stargirl and flash are on my lists too dont realy know most of them. well if they look good i will buy them anyway but wave 20 is awesome for me if true.

If these lists are true. THen I'll looks like i'll begin saving some money... it all depends on if Wave 19 has the Golden Age versions.

Here's what I like:

Wave 18

Toyman

Black Vulcan

Metallo

Apache Chief

Wave 19

Flash (Golden Age?)

Sandman (Golden Age?)

Vandal Savage

Atom (Golden Age?)

Wave 20

Arisia

5 pack: all-new Samurai.

I really think if this is true, there won't be much for me to buy after these figures. I collect mostly the golden and silver age characters with very few modern. (I'll make an exception for a cnc Doomsday, Fire/Ice, or Gardner w/his black jacket; because lets face it, the Death of superman storyline got me into comics full force)

I am excited about wave 17, 18, 19, and 20. and the new 12 pack. I really hope Mattel goes past wave 20. There are so many good character that have not made it in to plastic from Mattel.

Chopz

Here's what interests me (before even seeing a figure):

Wave 18

None

Wave 19

Flash - Yes, if this is Wally

Vandal Savage

Stargirl

S.T.R.I.P.E. - MAYBE. and obviously that means I'll have to get the rest of 19.

Wave 20 - I'll probably get this whole wave. I have the DC Direct Nekron, but I'm guessing this will be a larger version so I'll want it. But another Superman and Firestorm??

Superman

Saint Walker

Firestorm

Larfleeze

Guardian

Arisia

Nekron

If these waves are ture then these will be the ones that I will get.

Wave 18

El Dorado

Toyman

Black Vulcan

Bizarro

Apache Chief=the rest of his parts to complete at e-bay

Wave 19

Flash=if he is the Golden Age Flash?

Wave 20

Superman=maybe

Firestorm

Arisia

Nekron

He'll be in the 5 pack:

Superman/WonderWoman/Batman repaint in SP colors, New head/armor Lex, all-new Samurai=It depeins on what they look like but if I don't like the way they are only Samurai will be the only one that I will get from e-bay.

These are the only ones I want. But I still want Fire and Ice unless they are plan for a 2 pack then I still will get them.

Sounds pretty legit to me...... sadly, that means we get an GL themed wave and still no Huntress, Poison Ivy, etc

Draven

And no completion in sight for the Doom Patrol, Metal Men or the Secret Six. I know the Metal men need quite a few but the doom patrol really only need Elastic Girl and the Chief.

Sounds pretty legit to me...... sadly, that means we get an GL themed wave and still no Huntress, Poison Ivy, etc

Draven

And no completion in sight for the Doom Patrol, Metal Men or the Secret Six. I know the Metal men need quite a few but the doom patrol really only need Elastic Girl and the Chief.

And still no Captain Triumph either...

Well, I want them all and I'm betting we will get Huntress/variant next year and Poison Ivy next year with lots more Batman characters because of the movie. I as well want Hawk and Dove, both modern versions and yeah we would need Mento to complete the DP and I think we will see Mento before the Chief. Shining Knight is my all time favorite character after Batman and I will not stop until he gets made.

i think that we will get a lot of batman characters once the new movie will be out next year. mattel will do the same thing as they do with the green lantern. the movie comes next year and we apperently get 2 waves dedicated to it and a toys"r"us 2 pack. so i bet 2012 will be the year of the bat. lets bring those wishlists now, so mattel knows what to do.

for me it would be:

-poison ivy

-huntress

-the new batgirl

-red robin

-talia ghul and her daddy

-mad hatter

-hugo strange

-hush

-g.c.p.d. squads

-gordon

-oracle

-red hood modern and classic

-alfred

and for god sake a batmobil. bring me a damn batmobil. it will be a movie year so there isnt any excuse now.

Draven

Very true! This is not making me happy either.... @hmmm@

Draven

Shokker I hope you're right!!! We need quite a few Batman villains to add to our shelves, some I've been wanting since the line began!!

Question, what would be the chance to see a more classic Penguin?? You know the big belly, the bright colors, , more cartoony looking. Like the Super Powers version??? I hated that wave 1 figure!!!! Never picked it up!!!

• Like 1

Shokker I hope you're right!!! We need quite a few Batman villains to add to our shelves, some I've been wanting since the line began!!

Question, what would be the chance to see a more classic Penguin?? You know the big belly, the bright colors, , more cartoony looking. Like the Super Powers version??? I hated that wave 1 figure!!!! Never picked it up!!!

Same with me to me wave 1 Penguin wasn't a ture Penguin I don't think that I ever have seen him in that style. That is why I never got him.