DCUC Wave 17

BigBot84

You know, I would have gotten a white Sinestro if he was in this wave.

You know, that would have been an excellent idea instead of yet another Hal: a white Sinestro with a variant correct height Sinestro Corp version.

Even I would have preferred a White Lantern Sinestro instead of Hal. Again, that was a 'classic' moment in the story line. I guess my point of view is different from the majority because I'm relatively new to comic collecting. Teams like the Doom Patrol, the Forever Men, and, for a time, the Metal Men were easy skips for me. If it wasn't for my guilty pleasure of watching Batman TBATB I wouldn't have a clue to most of the 'classic' universe. So for me, this wave is a breath of fresh air in that it is something that is made available right when I want it. With that said, the coolness of this toy line is that it has pushed me to learn more about the DC Universe. Sometimes that BAF has made me buy a few figures I wouldn't really want, but after further research I've grown to appreciate them.

i dont realy get it. we got 5 green hal jordans and finaly we get two different hal jordans with even different sculpted heads and yet not good enough. i see the word classic more as classic moments about the creation of a character then classic history lessons. so if the metal men would be just one year old then they are banished but since they are old they are ok? i dont see any logic behind it but whatever pleases the people i guess. other question then, if the metal men would be all in one wave would that be ok or not? oh and since everyone is on a vintage trip, how come that everyone wants guy gardner with a modern head? and why is the modern version of stewart more beloved then the mosaic one? i understand that people want more variety in a wave. a character from every corner but i am ok with this entire wave theme. i mean i dont have to buy an entire wave with hourmans i dont care about just to get the c&c pieces. this is fine with me. at least i buy an entire wave based on a theme i realy love. mattel is trying something new, why not give it a try. people doom everything before they even try it out. oh and matty announced that there is no more green lantern wave after the second wave. the third wave " is canceled. it was suppose to be a best of wave. so be prepared that a lot of green lanterns will make it in the dcuc. matty also announced that they just started with the blackest night figures and there are a lot more to come. i cant wait.

@yipee@@yipee@

• Like 1

People latch onto that word "Classics" as if it actually meant something. I used to see the same arguments being raised with Marvel Legends. "Hey! X-23 isn't really a Legend!" It doesn't matter. It's just a name. When did Cyborg Superman or Imperiex become "Classics?" I really hate this wave and consider it an awful idea, but the last complaint I would raise against it is that these characters don't qualify as "Classics."

This wave really smacks of corporate rebranding and makes me wonder if that rumor about DC's decree that all future figures be based off the modern comics isn't true. "Hey! Blackest Night is a hit! We should make Blackest Night Figures!"

Well, a "hit" nowadays is really based on diminished expectations. Blackest Night sold well... but only compared to how current comic books sell. Blackest Night sold around a hundred thousand copies. Is that the market pool this wave is aimed at? How many of that hundred thousand are action figure buyers? Maybe a good number, but how many of those action figure buyers will buy THESE figures? How many will spend fifteen to seventeen bucks on a figure? How many will buy the WHOLE wave? This wave is really aiming at a narrow niche market of what is already a narrow niche market! I already see A LOT of "Passes" being voiced on the message boards. Now I know a lot of people were rejecting the Green Lantern five pack when that was first shown but then everyone bought it up when they turned up, but I don't know if the same will hold true for this wave. It just seems like a wave no one really wanted. Even the Blackest Night fans seem to have wanted many, many OTHER figures before ever getting these.

For me, I think they're pretty gaudy designs and I didn't embrace Blackest Night enough to want these figures on my shelf. I'd rather have the hundred and twenty or so bucks that this wave will cost.

• Like 2

I read these boards every day and normally keep my opinions to myself, this time I feel I need to speak my mind. I read the comments on matty’s facebook page and they are the same as here. This wave is taking way too much heat right off the bat, and if you don’t like it fine that’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it. This line is based on the biggest comic event of the year and to use the word most people misuse, it has become an instant “CLASSIC”

It has become a major changing point in the DC Universe and has crossed into almost every other title in the DC story arc.

All this negative feed back on a release that hasn’t even seen shelf time yet is a great way to kill the entire line, other toy companies have pulled the plug on figure series for less. The entire time I have been collecting it has been almost impossible to find a decent DC figure line and this is definitely one of the best (my opinion). DCD is an ok line but I think there is too many artists influences, and if you don’t have a comic store near by good luck getting it. I myself would love to see a mixed wave but I happen to like this wave.

The way most people respond to this you think this was the last wave Mattel was ever going to make. No matter what Mattel does with this line it seems that all anyone has to say is negative, but when the figures arrive most people back peddle and talk about how much they like the ones they gripped the most about.

I realize that I will get attacked for this post and that’s fine, I read everyone else’s and those are your opinions and this is mine.

SHOKKER if you could please send me link to the official cancellation statement on the Green lantern wave three, I could not find any info on this even on Matty’s facebook page.

• Like 2

I read these boards every day and normally keep my opinions to myself, this time I feel I need to speak my mind. I read the comments on matty's facebook page and they are the same as here. This wave is taking way too much heat right off the bat, and if you don't like it fine that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. This line is based on the biggest comic event of the year and to use the word most people misuse, it has become an instant "CLASSIC"

It has become a major changing point in the DC Universe and has crossed into almost every other title in the DC story arc.

All this negative feed back on a release that hasn't even seen shelf time yet is a great way to kill the entire line, other toy companies have pulled the plug on figure series for less. The entire time I have been collecting it has been almost impossible to find a decent DC figure line and this is definitely one of the best (my opinion). DCD is an ok line but I think there is too many artists influences, and if you don't have a comic store near by good luck getting it. I myself would love to see a mixed wave but I happen to like this wave.

The way most people respond to this you think this was the last wave Mattel was ever going to make. No matter what Mattel does with this line it seems that all anyone has to say is negative, but when the figures arrive most people back peddle and talk about how much they like the ones they gripped the most about.

I realize that I will get attacked for this post and that's fine, I read everyone else's and those are your opinions and this is mine.

SHOKKER if you could please send me link to the official cancellation statement on the Green lantern wave three, I could not find any info on this even on Matty's facebook page.

Don't worry about being attacked that is usually my department for the people here....check out my negatives. I wonder where you were when we were discussing the Super Friends wave.

Blackest Night figures are fine, the problem here is having an entire wave dedicated to them. People could accept 3 or 4 of them in a wave but this was an overall poor choice for the wave. I personally think they should of sprinkled the figures across two or more waves, that would of been totally fine. People may only like a couple of figs in a wave but

Lastly people do back peddle....(Golden Pharaoh anyone????)

• Like 1

[

Blackest Night figures are fine, the problem here is having an entire wave dedicated to them. People could accept 3 or 4 of them in a wave but this was an overall poor choice for the wave.

If they're hellbent on giving us these lousy figures, I prefer they do so this way. This way, I can ignore the entire wave all at once and I don't have to hold my nose and buy a tacky looking Loincloth Atom for seventeen bucks just to get Elasti-Girl's right leg.

[

Blackest Night figures are fine, the problem here is having an entire wave dedicated to them. People could accept 3 or 4 of them in a wave but this was an overall poor choice for the wave.

If they're hellbent on giving us these lousy figures, I prefer they do so this way. This way, I can ignore the entire wave all at once and I don't have to hold my nose and buy a tacky looking Loincloth Atom for seventeen bucks just to get Elasti-Girl's right leg.

I understand but I really, really, really want that Anti-Monitor. There is no easy answer for this situation. If its an easy pass for you then its perfect because these things are expensive, so save yourself some cash. I checked and I didn't order a set from CSC, so I can get one set and keep it MOC (completist) while just getting the figs I do like (BL Hal, Flash) and I guess I will have to go to ebay for the Anti-Monitor...oh well, its not all bad. If you don't like them then you can save some cash, if you do then this is the wave for you.

i dont realy get it. we got 5 green hal jordans and finaly we get two different hal jordans with even different sculpted heads and yet not good enough. i see the word classic more as classic moments about the creation of a character then classic history lessons. so if the metal men would be just one year old then they are banished but since they are old they are ok? i dont see any logic behind it but whatever pleases the people i guess. other question then, if the metal men would be all in one wave would that be ok or not? oh and since everyone is on a vintage trip, how come that everyone wants guy gardner with a modern head? and why is the modern version of stewart more beloved then the mosaic one? i understand that people want more variety in a wave. a character from every corner but i am ok with this entire wave theme. i mean i dont have to buy an entire wave with hourmans i dont care about just to get the c&c pieces. this is fine with me. at least i buy an entire wave based on a theme i realy love. mattel is trying something new, why not give it a try. people doom everything before they even try it out. oh and matty announced that there is no more green lantern wave after the second wave. the third wave " is canceled. it was suppose to be a best of wave. so be prepared that a lot of green lanterns will make it in the dcuc. matty also announced that they just started with the blackest night figures and there are a lot more to come. i cant wait.

@yipee@@yipee@

Just to be clear, your definition of classic is what I was trying to point out in my post. I am right there with you on this Wave. I'm glad that for once I want every figure even without the BAF. The Anti-Monitor is just sweet, sweet icing on the cake. I guess this wave will be easy to find for us few that are excited for it.

22566-071.gif@yipee@

Just to be clear, your definition of classic is what I was trying to point out in my post. I am right there with you on this Wave. I'm glad that for once I want every figure even without the BAF. The Anti-Monitor is just sweet, sweet icing on the cake. I guess this wave will be easy to find for us few that are excited for it.

Glad to see there are some people happy about this wave. As long as it keeps this line going I am happy, everyone does there part.

I fully agree with the idea spreading these figures out a few at a time and make these figures the one that come with the stands not a BAF piece. With all the waves I really could not pick a least favorite figure and some that I thought I was not going to like are among my favorites. When people gripe about these figures I think back to when TOY BIZ had the rights to the “ DC Superhero” line and how the Lex figure looked more like Elmer Fudd in Hugh Heffner’s smoking jacket. These figures have come a long way and I think they look fantastic. I love this line and can’t wait to see what’s coming in the future.

My biggest complaint is that I wish they would occasionally

Release Non-hero figures, such as Commissioner Gordon, Lois Lane, Bullock, ect….

And maybe a secret identity line such as Clark (that doesn’t look anorexic)

Bruce Wayne that doesn’t have a bunch of crappy clip on accessories,

Put him in a suit. Lex is suppose to be a corporate man and has been president how about Lex in a suit.

There are also other figures I would love to see redone, such as Mr. Freeze (less movie inspired, more comic accurate) a better Killer Croc. I like the idea of a Super Powers wave. Super Powers was a changing point for DC and it revived the series back in the 80’s and it is still part of the DC UNIVERSE.

if i remember correctly, people were asking if matty would ever tap into the blackest night stuff, they said yes....and everyone was happy. what happened?

i didn't get the characters i asked for. i got characters i don't want...but that i have to buy in order to get one i do want.

• Like 1

Nice!

I like the new articulation on Wonder Woman's arms. Not caring for the abdomen to ribcage articulation; but I'll wait and see. A lot of the present female figures have really poor articulation for the line.

Not really fond of this wave, but I'll go in for the WW and Flash. Maybe Lex Luthor.

We'll see.

• Like 1

I don't know why but I think these all look like crap compared to the dcd.... the faces on both hals are awful honestly ... & aside from lex & antimonitor I don't know why they bothered doing these .... If anything they should have done the new guardians & they would have sold better than the lantern jla :S . Honestly I think even AM looks like crap so aside from lex(MAYBE ) This will be another wave I will be skipping ... @loll@

Oh rather than doing sstuff dcd has just done like white & black hals .... I think they should have done a blue & green hal which has yet to be done ...

• Like 2

All I want to say is that I totally agree that people will back peddle once they see these. I like only a coupel in the wave, but I'm going to buy them all. I bet I'll be happy about owning these figures. I enjoy blackest night and do think they should've spread it among a couple waves, but what can you do. It seems like plenty of people already enjoy this. Like on bigbadtoystore, its already sold out. So plenty of people like and will buy this wave. I hope dcuc doesnt get cancelled, so stop complaining. Be glad they're making us toys.

• Like 4

All I want to say is that I totally agree that people will back peddle once they see these. I like only a coupel in the wave, but I'm going to buy them all. I bet I'll be happy about owning these figures. I enjoy blackest night and do think they should've spread it among a couple waves, but what can you do. It seems like plenty of people already enjoy this. Like on bigbadtoystore, its already sold out. So plenty of people like and will buy this wave. I hope dcuc doesnt get cancelled, so stop complaining. Be glad they're making us toys.

The internet has become an outlet for people to whine, cry, and complain. The few that dont like this wave will post on every site, blog, and even Facebook. The haters will be the most outspoken. I hope Mattel will continue to produce DCUC despite the crybabies that can hide behind monitors.

Chopz

• Like 3

The internet has become an outlet for people to whine, cry, and complain. The few that dont like this wave will post on every site, blog, and even Facebook. The haters will be the most outspoken. I hope Mattel will continue to produce DCUC despite the crybabies that can hide behind monitors.

Chopz

Yeah, it's a good thing I can hide behind a monitor, because I'd sure be afraid to tell a big bad toy company to its face that it made a poor choice.

Seriously? -rolleyes-

• Like 3

Chopz

Yeah, it's a good thing I can hide behind a monitor, because I'd sure be afraid to tell a big bad toy company to its face that it made a poor choice.

Seriously? -rolleyes-

Nice use of hiding behind sarcasm aswell.

• Like 1

Chopz

Seriously? -rolleyes-

Nice use of hiding behind sarcasm aswell.

I would think my meaning wasn't "hidden," but in case you had trouble parsing, I'll state it explicitly: I thought the sentiment expressed in his post was stupid.

Clear enough?

• Like 1

Chopz

With all due respect to both of you, what difference should it make if people are vocal about not liking this wave? Considering that we're here to discuss our hobby, I think it's something that you have to expect. It isn't like people have been ripping on the figures just for the sake of doing so, most of the posts have been pretty well-thought-out in discussing the reasons behind the negative reaction. That isn't "hating", that's having an opinion. Personaly, I don't want the wave because I'm not a big fan of blackest night. For me, this is just a bunch of figures I already have in costumes I don't care about. If other people like them, then great. More power to them. But I'm not going to call people crybabies or tell them to stop complaining because of it.

Here is one way to think about it. How many lines does Mattel produce?

Barbie, Hot Wheels, WWE, Cars, MOTU, Ghost Busters, and so on.

Most of these lines that are sold at retail have been sold out during Christmas or sell out quickly online, DCUC clogs pegs at most retailers (strike one)

DCUC seems to take forever to show up at retail (strike two)

Then when ever they do a press release of the next wave the forums light up with nothing but negative comments. They have already canceled the GL line because they say the Horseman are already to busy to contend with a new line. Personally if it were my call, with so much negativity surrounding this line I would pull the plug to save the company the aggravation. I personally love this line and would hate to see it happen, but with all this negativity this could become a reality. How do people who call themselves fans and collectors never have anything positive to say about what they collect? Also if you don’t like something about it why do we have to have another negative post every time someone posts a positive?

So you don’t like this wave we got it the first dozen times you told us.

• Like 1