DCUC Wave 17

BigBot84

I am not impressed in the least.

Save for the Anti-Monitor this is a forgetable wave.

I will be getting two sets of these

guitar.gif

Looks like I have a new TNI fan, slurping up my every word to find something to say something about........here we go again.

I wouldn't take it too seriously. I don't think think there was any malicious intent behind the post, just that the wording was funny893USA1-thumb.gif .

guitar.gif

For real. That'll show them.

I didn't say they were terrible asshats, just that they aren't that important and forgetable in the scheme of DCUC collecting. Looks like the chuckle mouthes are having fun...yippee, yippee. Also I don't buy BAF's online, just would rather buy the set and still have a complete collection jerks. I don't like Mr Freeze or Orion from the Superpowers line but I own them to have a complete collection, sorry this understanding escapes you guys.

Psycho much? You need to chill out and stop taking things so personally. If you can't see how essentially saying, "this is such a bad wave I'm ONLY going to buy two full sets" is funny, you need to take a major step back.

I didn't take it personal, just giving back to you guys is all.

Finally an easy pass for me!!! I don't want a single figure!! Money saved!! Don't even want the Anti-Monitor!! Now. Cam save for the Super Friends wave!!

This is exactly what I said when I found out wave 17 rumor was true. Not only do i not want ANY of these figures. I don't even want the BAF. I certainly don't want the LOSH wave. So I'll have some money to spend on wave 18 if that's true.

Also, If Mattel wanted to play off the GL market, shouldn't these have been released a year ago?

Maybe Mattel should have done some customer research before going ahead with this idiotic wave. Did anyone notice there's not even one classic figure in the wave?

regards

Joshua

guitar.gif

For real. That'll show them.

I didn't say they were terrible asshats, just that they aren't that important and forgetable in the scheme of DCUC collecting. Looks like the chuckle mouthes are having fun...yippee, yippee. Also I don't buy BAF's online, just would rather buy the set and still have a complete collection jerks. I don't like Mr Freeze or Orion from the Superpowers line but I own them to have a complete collection, sorry this understanding escapes you guys.

Psycho much? You need to chill out and stop taking things so personally. If you can't see how essentially saying, "this is such a bad wave I'm ONLY going to buy two full sets" is funny, you need to take a major step back.

I didn't take it personal, just giving back to you guys is all.

Relax m-man, no need to start a flame war, It was just a joke.

sometimes i dont understand people. i read manny boards and it seems that the complaining about this wave is mostly the same as here. so if i get this right, then this wave is not good because atrocitus and some other leaders arent out yet??? so everyone would buy them when atrocitus and nekron or larfleeze would be out? just because a reverse flash or a new scarecrow arent out yet, people seem to skip the entire wave for it??? ok i give some credits to that they could been done in the green lantern classics but i think that the production of these guys were allready moving before they even considered to do a green lantern classic. then i even read that these characters arent classic material??? what? just because they arent old enough??? sorry but these are classics as well. they are all first interpretation of these characters in those costumes. when the leaders are coming (and believe me they will) then everyone will be blaming mattel because they did not buy this wave. mattel does a great job with all the lanterns and i am happy to get these figures. the armys of lanterns are growing faster then expected. how can someone skip black and white hal. sc scarecrow. flash as blue lantern is just amazing. i dont realy like the modern anti monitor but what the heck it is a bonus figure anyway for me. stel doesnt exacly looks like he should either. i can life with that. sad that mera didnt made the cut.

• Like 1

sometimes i dont understand people. i read manny boards and it seems that the complaining about this wave is mostly the same as here. so if i get this right, then this wave is not good because atrocitus and some other leaders arent out yet??? so everyone would buy them when atrocitus and nekron or larfleeze would be out? just because a reverse flash or a new scarecrow arent out yet, people seem to skip the entire wave for it??? ok i give some credits to that they could been done in the green lantern classics but i think that the production of these guys were allready moving before they even considered to do a green lantern classic. then i even read that these characters arent classic material??? what? just because they arent old enough??? sorry but these are classics as well. they are all first interpretation of these characters in those costumes. when the leaders are coming (and believe me they will) then everyone will be blaming mattel because they did not buy this wave. mattel does a great job with all the lanterns and i am happy to get these figures. the armys of lanterns are growing faster then expected. how can someone skip black and white hal. sc scarecrow. flash as blue lantern is just amazing. i dont realy like the modern anti monitor but what the heck it is a bonus figure anyway for me. stel doesnt exacly looks like he should either. i can life with that. sad that mera didnt made the cut.

the figures are amazing, but i'm just not interested in alternate lantern costumes. i might have gotten a few, but now i have to get the whole wave to get the cnc.

Characters and concepts of characters that have been around for about a year are not classics period.

There are two reasons for making this wave:

1. Repaints and reused figures are cheap to produce.

2. Releasing this wave as a DCUC wave and not under a different name will guanantee sales from people invested in this line. It ensures that stores will carry thes figures under the DCUC banner as opposed to selling the retail stores a new line they could easily turn down.

I can easily see me still buy this wave but, sorry, a repainted Flash as Reverse Flash should be a given over the "Blue" Flash....Unless their selling this figure as the "Clone" Flash with the Blue costume from the TV series...I could buy that as a "Classic" figure from a TV show 20 years in the past...

• Like 1

Well with all the repaints I just hope this wave doesn't clog the pegs!!!

I wouldn't worry about that. I don't think there's a collector out there who could pass up "Ray Palmer, Violet Lantern O' Love!" @hmmm@

Seriously though, do you people realize this is the closest we're likely to come to a main-stream, wide release Atom figure?

Just for geekiness sake. It's Ray Palmer Indigo Lantern o' Compassion! I love the storyline but I won't be buying this wave.

I'm with you Shokker. I opened up the link to Wave 17 on the main page and went, "Awesome!" I immediately wanted these in DCUC the moment I saw them revealed in Blackest Night. It was such a great moment in the comics. Then I came on the boards and found nothing, but disdain. Surely there are more GL fans that are excited about this. Sorry to all of you who don't want them, but I'll pick them up the moment I see them. And, no offense, but even the extremely liked waves clog the pegs. It's the nature of DCUC. We cry foul when a new wave is super hard to find and then later we cry foul when they are everywhere and keeping us from find the newer waves.

• Like 1

Characters and concepts of characters that have been around for about a year are not classics period.

There are two reasons for making this wave:

1. Repaints and reused figures are cheap to produce.

2. Releasing this wave as a DCUC wave and not under a different name will guanantee sales from people invested in this line. It ensures that stores will carry thes figures under the DCUC banner as opposed to selling the retail stores a new line they could easily turn down.

I can easily see me still buy this wave but, sorry, a repainted Flash as Reverse Flash should be a given over the "Blue" Flash....Unless their selling this figure as the "Clone" Flash with the Blue costume from the TV series...I could buy that as a "Classic" figure from a TV show 20 years in the past...

the time will come and they will be classics anyway.lol. should mattel do a dc universe modern line now? i love that they put a lot of variety in this line and i believe thats the key for its success. repaints is what dcuc is all about. thats why it looks like one universe. reverse flash is coming. once he is out, would'nt you be happy to have the blue lantern flash right next to the others then? as i said if people arent into green lanterns or building those great lantern armys, i understand but time isnt a factor. for me at least.

• Like 1

I'm with you Shokker. I opened up the link to Wave 17 on the main page and went, "Awesome!" I immediately wanted these in DCUC the moment I saw them revealed in Blackest Night. It was such a great moment in the comics. Then I came on the boards and found nothing, but disdain. Surely there are more GL fans that are excited about this. Sorry to all of you who don't want them, but I'll pick them up the moment I see them. And, no offense, but even the extremely liked waves clog the pegs. It's the nature of DCUC. We cry foul when a new wave is super hard to find and then later we cry foul when they are everywhere and keeping us from find the newer waves.

i dont even understand why people hate them, i mean the sculpts are like always. i can even remember that some people claimed mattel to do them when dcd announced them. if i look at it, it seems that the figures would be welcome if they had the green lantern package??? ok for a guy who keeps them moc, i understand that it will look weird but there are allready green lantern characters in the dcuc. so whats up with that? most of us open these bastards anyway, so whats the big problem if they are in a dcuc line?

i dont even understand why people hate them, i mean the sculpts are like always. i can even remember that some people claimed mattel to do them when dcd announced them. if i look at it, it seems that the figures would be welcome if they had the green lantern package??? ok for a guy who keeps them moc, i understand that it will look weird but there are allready green lantern characters in the dcuc. so whats up with that? most of us open these bastards anyway, so whats the big problem if they are in a dcuc line?

For me, I hate them for these reasons:

1) Opportunity cost: This line won't continue forever. No line, even JLU, makes every figure that fans will want before the line ends (Marvel Legends, Super Powers, etc). This line WILL end, whether at wave 20 or 25 or 50. The writing is on the wall; figures are creeping towards $20, Target is barely carrying the line, and probably half my Wal-Marts don't carry it or are 4+ waves behind. Every figure in THIS wave that gets made is a REAL classic DC character that isn't getting made at some point. The idea that we're going to waste slots on characters we already have (sometimes as multiple figures like Lex) in a costume that they appeared in for a few issues at best may mean we don't get a Warlord or a Phantom Stranger or an Ambush Bug before the line ends. If this was a Green Lantern wave, it wouldn't matter so much to me because these figures would only be displacing other GL related characters, who I don't see as important.

2. Shelf space: Not all stores carry DCUC, and those that do generally don't order more until previous waves sell. If they don't sell, often the stores will clearance them out and then drop the line. I, and many others, are afraid that these will sit on the shelves and kill the line at our local stores.

3. Change: This represents a shift in the way Mattel is producing this line. It feels like this is a corporate mandate to produce a movie/comic tie-in. This (and the previous Sinestro Batman) are about one step away from "Polar Armor Batman" and other nonsense that used to make pre-Marvel Legends/Dcuc toys so bad.

• Like 1

Ok, So i'll attempt to explain some of the frustration (at least mine) with the wave. Mainly, All these figures are very closely tied to a current comic storyline that is maybe 2 years old. Unless you're a hardcore fan of Green or been following this storyline, there's little appeal.

It seems real odd for Mattel to do a whole wave on this, these are not "classic" which usually refers to the most iconic version of the character. I can understand one or 2 modern figures (some choices from this wave) to anchor new readers, but it's very risky to devote a whole line. (same goes for Super Friends, eventhough i would buy the whole wave). It doesn't follow Mattel usual pattern of trickling out members of a similar group over several waves.

I wonder why they are changing their business model, unless there's something wrong with their sales and they're willing to take some risks in the hope of improving?

regards

Joshua

All of the figures look nice, I don't think anyone things they don't look nice but people are upset with an entire wave dedicated to this theme. I could see one or two, maybe even three of the set but all of them??? Seriously people who care support the DCD ones. Also I realized I didn't pre-order these from CSC which is a good thing, now I don't have to get a full set just the ones I want.

Oh and WW does suffer from that terrible Hasblow mid waste cut. I bashed them with the Marvel Legends and think it is a terrible move for Mattel. Seriously why did she need that, it does work or looks good. There is a gap so it looks like an armor.

I am glad they are releasing these in one wave because I can skip it in it's entirety!!! If it were sprinkled in, I'd have to get a figure I don't want!!! But I do want to see classic figures from groups they've started!! Metal Men, JSA, New Gods, etc!!! Still plenty of individual characters to do as well, and time to get cracking on some groups we have yet to see, the Forever People!!!! More classic, less modern!!!

• Like 1

I am glad they are releasing these in one wave because I can skip it in it's entirety!!! If it were sprinkled in, I'd have to get a figure I don't want!!! But I do want to see classic figures from groups they've started!! Metal Men, JSA, New Gods, etc!!! Still plenty of individual characters to do as well, and time to get cracking on some groups we have yet to see, the Forever People!!!! More classic, less modern!!!

Totally agree with you there, though I will get the black Hal because he just looks badass, and Flash too. All the rest are just all the rest.