DCUC Wave 17

BigBot84

What are everyone's thoughts on this wave?

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=16702

Me personally, I would have preferred a wave with the unique lantern characters (Atrocitus, Saint Walker, Indigo 1, Larfleeze, etc). I think I'll be skipping this wave. This reinforces the rumor for wave 18 being the Super Friends wave though which means I'll be saving some dough this year.

• Like 1

I am not impressed in the least. I really hoped this rumor wasn't true. Yes the figures look nice but this is total Lantern overkill. They already have a Green Lantern classics line, why waste everyone's time with an entire wave dedicated to GL in the DCUC line.

Save for the Anti-Monitor this is a forgetable wave. I am a staunch DC and DCUC fan but don't understand this at all. Seriously this isn't DCD we don't need this much dedication to a particular storyline. Monitor looks awesome and badass, BL Hal looks good but everything else is boring. PLUS these figures were made or are going to be made by DCD so the question is WHY??

I will be getting two sets of these and that is it, I will finally break the 3 set tradition.

I am not impressed in the least. I really hoped this rumor wasn't true. Yes the figures look nice but this is total Lantern overkill. They already have a Green Lantern classics line, why waste everyone's time with an entire wave dedicated to GL in the DCUC line.

Save for the Anti-Monitor this is a forgetable wave. I am a staunch DC and DCUC fan but don't understand this at all. Seriously this isn't DCD we don't need this much dedication to a particular storyline. Monitor looks awesome and badass, BL Hal looks good but everything else is boring. PLUS these figures were made or are going to be made by DCD so the question is WHY??

I'll agree to disagree on this one, but it may have something to do with a great love for Green Lantern. I don't collect DCD so having these figs in my collection, especially in DCUC scale, is awesome. I do understand that they could have released these in the GLC line and makes much more since, but I'm not going to complain. This is the first full wave in a while that I actually want all of. Wave 16 came close, but I have no interest in Creeper and only a little in Jonah Hex.

I'll agree to disagree on this one, but it may have something to do with a great love for Green Lantern. I don't collect DCD so having these figs in my collection, especially in DCUC scale, is awesome. I do understand that they could have released these in the GLC line and makes much more since, but I'm not going to complain. This is the first full wave in a while that I actually want all of. Wave 16 came close, but I have no interest in Creeper and only a little in Jonah Hex.

I understand man, to each his own but like you mentioned this wave could of fallen under the GLC line and we could of gotten others. I don't like the dedication to Blackest Night in the DCUC especially when there is an off-shoot line for things like this. I don't know, since the start of this line this is the first time the wind has gone from my sails, it actually makes me sad......lol For GL fans and BL fans this is a sure fire hit, hope these don't hit the pegs though, these all look like they are going to sleep on the shelves.

• Like 1

Why?

Easy answer:

Green Lantern Movie Next Year.

I'd expect at least one more full wave of GL themed characters taking up a DCUC slot next year. They'll be pushing GL stuff HARD.

Personally I'd prefer they just continue Green Lantern Classics (From what I understand it's only supposed to be two waves), and yes, they should have given us Larfleeze before Orange Lex. All the other primary "alter-Lanterns" too. Heck, I'd be happy with an Emoboy/Superman Prime figure, too. Oh and hey, how about a SINESTRO IN HIS MODERN UNIFORM AT THE RIGHT SIZE?

That's not even getting into the tons of other characters from other sides of the DCU that I'd love to see, but GL is pretty much the flagship right now.

All that looks good to me is BL Hal and Anti-moniter. But since I do own all the waves and complete (besides a few variants here and ther) I will pick up the whole the wave. I dont think DCUC should make figure DCD has or are going to make. Plus this is just way too much GL. I dont have an intrest in most of this, but I'll be happy to pick this up and the super friends wave. If thats what happens.

This wave would be a skipper for me if not for that anti-monitor. I like GL as much as the next guy but this is just a repaint wave. Man I dont like mattel and their money grubbing ways sometimes.

I am still suprised how the 4hmn is the only sculptors out there that can do consistent faces. I mean Wonder Woman looks like the one from wave 4, Indigo Atom looks like the Atom from wave 5, and the Hal Jordan figs looks like the one from wave 3. Even Luthor looks similar to the Gotham 5 pack and the old DCSH fig despite few differences

I realized that Wonder Woman's hair is the same piece as the one from wave 4, so WW and Atom might be retooled heads. Even so, the Hal Jordan figs have new head sculpts, as well as those various Superman figs (blue, red, mullet, and Eradicator HS) that looks alike despite having new heads.

I like them all I want to get all of them but Atom and the white Lantern Hal. I can't wait to get these guys. This will be the first wave that I will get almost all the characters. I'm now going to update my check list to my DCUC Collection.

Why?

Easy answer:

There is your answer. Movie year = Merchandising, mercahndising, merchandising! This should not be a suprise to anyone.

DCD has already done all of these figures, and done them all better.

• Like 1

I wonder how tall the Anti-Monitor is going to be. The tallest figure they've done to date is Giganta I believe, and I wonder if he'll be that same height or more. Probably not as I remember reading that the packaging can only accommodate appendages up to a certain length. Looks like Galactus will tower over this guy.

I am not impressed in the least.

Save for the Anti-Monitor this is a forgetable wave.

I will be getting two sets of these

@loll@

For real. That'll show them.

Ha ha! You guys crack me up. :D

I can't say I'm excited about seeing almost an entire wave of redeco'd sculpts. And almost on top of DCDs release of the same characters. Jmaq is correct that this is most likely to capitalize on the GL film, but I'm gonna get GL burnout at this rate.

i only want anti monitor. i have almost no use for the part time lanterns and don't really want yet another hal...let alone two. if they were going to do this, why the f didn't they give us the leaders of the colored lanterns so we'd at least get new characters. do i really need sapphire wonder woman when she only appeared that way in maybe 8 books?

ETA: the answer is no.

Why?

Easy answer:

I'd expect at least one more full wave of GL themed characters taking up a DCUC slot next year. They'll be pushing GL stuff HARD.

Personally I'd prefer they just continue Green Lantern Classics (From what I understand it's only supposed to be two waves), and yes, they should have given us Larfleeze before Orange Lex. All the other primary "alter-Lanterns" too. Heck, I'd be happy with an Emoboy/Superman Prime figure, too. Oh and hey, how about a SINESTRO IN HIS MODERN UNIFORM AT THE RIGHT SIZE?

That's not even getting into the tons of other characters from other sides of the DCU that I'd love to see, but GL is pretty much the flagship right now.

ughhh, of course I understand WHY, but it still doesn't make sense especially when they have a line dedicated to Green Lantern figures.

• Like 1

guitar.gif

I didn't say they were terrible asshats, just that they aren't that important and forgetable in the scheme of DCUC collecting. Looks like the chuckle mouthes are having fun...yippee, yippee. Also I don't buy BAF's online, just would rather buy the set and still have a complete collection jerks. I don't like Mr Freeze or Orion from the Superpowers line but I own them to have a complete collection, sorry this understanding escapes you guys.

• Like 1

Oof! Of all the crazy rumored line-ups to be true, it had to be THIS one???? Yeesh! Of all the DCUC waves yet, this is the first complete pass for me. I'm not tempted in the slightest by anything here. The Anti-Monitor is nice but nothing I could live without.

The GOOD news here is that at least they have a the parts now to give us a good Scarecrow. I also wouldn't mind seeing that Luthor repainted as well.

I sure hope they don't over-produce this wave. This thing has the most niche appeal of an already very niche market yet! "Hey Kids! Who wants an ugly version of a character you've probably never heard of? Well, here's a whole wave of 'em!"

guitar.gif

I didn't say they were terrible asshats, just that they aren't that important and forgetable in the scheme of DCUC collecting. Looks like the chuckle mouthes are having fun...yippee, yippee. Also I don't buy BAF's online, just would rather buy the set and still have a complete collection jerks. I don't like Mr Freeze or Orion from the Superpowers line but I own them to have a complete collection, sorry this understanding escapes you guys.

Psycho much? You need to chill out and stop taking things so personally. If you can't see how essentially saying, "this is such a bad wave I'm ONLY going to buy two full sets" is funny, you need to take a major step back.

• Like 4