Canceled Target Exclusives at ROSS

Dake

After a sighting over at Hisstank, I hit up my local ROSS and sure enough, they were all there for only 5.99.

I was only ever interested in the Twin Battle Gun so I picked that up, but they're all a good deal for those who are interested.

I don't get collectors.. When these were shown, people were complaining about them, laughing at the colors/figure choices... and now, everyone's acting like they're the best thing in the world. I'll admit, I want the Range Viper one... but I don't understand the people that are acting like these are the best things in the world. I know a couple local guys that I know would want these for their collection, but some of those guys on hisstank, I wonder if they want them more for the rarity than the actual item.

I don't get collectors.. When these were shown, people were complaining about them, laughing at the colors/figure choices... and now, everyone's acting like they're the best thing in the world. I'll admit, I want the Range Viper one... but I don't understand the people that are acting like these are the best things in the world. I know a couple local guys that I know would want these for their collection, but some of those guys on hisstank, I wonder if they want them more for the rarity than the actual item.

I know what you mean...I've never understood collectors either...

While we collectors are a confusing bunch, this one's not too hard to explain. When faced with the prospect of paying 13 dollars for these as Target Exclusives - they're a joke. But for 6 bucks - ie less than the cost of the figure alone - they're a steal.

I think it all stems from the fact that they were canceled, and now they will be hard to get.

If these were everywhere for 6 bucks, nobody would care... tell collectors something is scarce, and they are all over it

even at 6 bucks I'm still only interested in the range viper, and that's what i see from most people. He was easily the best figure and the rest of the wave was weak. I still want to know who at Hasbro designed that slipstream and Neo. They are on par with the neon red/orange viper that came with the glider in the 25th line.

man.. I tried to find some.. went to 5 different Ross stores...

somebody pulled a douche move and went around and hoarded them all up.. I don't want to claim scalper.. but I don't know why one person could want so many of them.... even though I know some collectors pull that move too.

On a related note.. it's really weird that right now Ross stores actually have a MUCH smaller toy section than usual, and much less product. I would think they would want to carry more toys right now

somebody pulled a douche move and went around and hoarded them all up.. I don't want to claim scalper.. but I don't know why one person could want so many of them.... even though I know some collectors pull that move too.

On a related note.. it's really weird that right now Ross stores actually have a MUCH smaller toy section than usual, and much less product. I would think they would want to carry more toys right now

They've just really sold down their stock and not gotten anything new in for whatever reason. Even last week my two stores still had quite a bit of stuff on the shelf, but now - bare.

Clam, it might just be collectors getting them for other collectors too, I'm sure some are scalping them, but I've seen on other boards members saying they cleaned out a couple stores and are offering them up on the boards.

What I don't like is people that say "I CLEANED OUT 4 STORES, I PUT THE EXTRA IN MY TRADE THREAD"... or "Make me an offer", lol.. that's not really helping out.

Clam, it might just be collectors getting them for other collectors too, I'm sure some are scalping them, but I've seen on other boards members saying they cleaned out a couple stores and are offering them up on the boards.

What I don't like is people that say "I CLEANED OUT 4 STORES, I PUT THE EXTRA IN MY TRADE THREAD"... or "Make me an offer", lol.. that's not really helping out.

Yeah this is some major BS. It may be helping out some people, but it's about one step above scalping.

I'm a collector, never really said anything about these before. But now I'll happily admit that I would very much like a set of these - please and thank you. PM me if you want the cash in trade.

Thanks!

I'm already bending over for the Scalpers, cuz I want 6 of the Twin Gun repaints and they represent the last of the "army building" Ill do with vehicles for the forseeable future. I admit I'm getting suckered, and if I were closer to the community I'd be all about the hook-up. But considering I've had half a dozen Stinger jeeps and 12 Stinger drivers (plus the 6 "Commanders" that came with the Stingers), and I've been dreaming of this set-up since the MMS repaint was released last year, I'm willing to get hosed just this once.

Once!

• 2 weeks later...

Found a bunch of these today as well. Can't beat the price...

ah.. I finally figured out why I didn't find any of these sets... looks like you and the rebelscum crew wiped out every store in and around Sacramento in one day...

I am not hating on you guys for scalping.. but man, that one guy put up 5 sets on ebay! sheesh..

I guess I gotta be friends with the rebelscum guys too.. because they don't leave anything behind at all!

oops... it was scalpers, even though I didn't want to believe it was. I just saw that one guy in my town put 5 sets on ebay and made 385 bucks.

Hey.. I can't blame the guy for doing it (I might have sold an extra set too if I found more than one at a store, but there is no way I would have went to every store and bought every set... and we know each store got 2 sets at least)... but I just hate that I missed out because these rebelscum.com guys went to every single store in town (we have 5 or 6 Ross stores) one morning and bought everything in sight.. and I just wanted a couple Range Vipers lol

Apparently starwars collectors are worse than hotwheels collectors

man.. I tried to find some.. went to 5 different Ross stores...somebody pulled a douche move and went around and hoarded them all up.. I don't want to claim scalper.. but I don't know why one person could want so many of them.... even though I know some collectors pull that move too.On a related note.. it's really weird that right now Ross stores actually have a MUCH smaller toy section than usual, and much less product. I would think they would want to carry more toys right now
oops... it was scalpers, even though I didn't want to believe it was. I just saw that one guy in my town put 5 sets on ebay and made 385 bucks. Hey.. I can't blame the guy for doing it (I might have sold an extra set too if I found more than one at a store, but there is no way I would have went to every store and bought every set... and we know each store got 2 sets at least)... but I just hate that I missed out because these rebelscum.com guys went to every single store in town (we have 5 or 6 Ross stores) one morning and bought everything in sight.. and I just wanted a couple Range Vipers lolApparently starwars collectors are worse than hotwheels collectors

Just for the record I personally found 6 complete sets in 1 of the 4 Ross stores in my neck of the woods that is not Sacramento. Of those 5 one went to my brother a huge Joe collector, one went to another Joe collector here in town who is a hisstanker and I kept a set. The other 3 were sold by my brother who wanted to buy down the costs. There are 3 other Ross's in my area and I went to 2 of them over the course of the next few days as they are really close. Only Air Gliders and Ram Cycles but I left them all.

You can say what you what about "the rebelscum guys" but I've offered to help you in the past and will continue to do so. The guy you refer to has helped us get all of our DCUC at $5 and below for the last 5 waves and takes care of anyone who asks including his hisstank, fwoosh and rebelscum friends. And those sets he scored he got on 2 different days not one morning. BTW, he's a Joe collector first and SW oh about 4th...

Now you can continue to be pissed and say what you want it really doesn't matter to me. But if you need some help looking for things I will keep you in mind. And on that note do you need a POC Vamp, Black HISS or Fury for cost?

Now you can continue to be pissed and say what you want it really doesn't matter to me. But if you need some help looking for things I will keep you in mind. And on that note do you need a POC Vamp, Black HISS or Fury for cost?

Ross' cost? Yes... :D

whether or not he hooks forum buddies up with deals is irrelevant. He swung by Ross and snags 5 sets two days in a row for roughly 30 bucks, wiped the place clean. Then flipped 'em on ebay for over $300 profit. Meanwhile collectors like Clam are left empty handed, Sorry dude that's scalping, and a scalper.

Walks like a duck and talks like a duck.............

whether or not he hooks forum buddies up with deals is irrelevant. He swung by Ross and snags 5 sets two days in a row for roughly 30 bucks, wiped the place clean. Then flipped 'em on ebay for over $300 profit. Meanwhile collectors like Clam are left empty handed, Sorry dude that's scalping, and a scalper.

Walks like a duck and talks like a duck.............

no, not FIVE sets. He sold 5 sets on ebay. He probably picked up like 20 sets or more. Or way more. We have 6 Ross Stores in my area. I went to 5 of the 6 and they were all gone. We know that each store probably got 4 sets each, or more (Sntee reports finding 6 sets at one store... so if you figure that is an average.. the guy swooped up 30 sets or so)..

He hooked his friends up.. that is cool... but he also made sure that he was the only person able to get any in town... and that is NOT cool.

The same guy scooped up all of the Cobra Island 7-packs at 5 stores and sold them on ebay... he must have had 15 sets at least..

Just for the record I personally found 6 complete sets in 1 of the 4 Ross stores in my neck of the woods that is not Sacramento. Of those 5 one went to my brother a huge Joe collector, one went to another Joe collector here in town who is a hisstanker and I kept a set. The other 3 were sold by my brother who wanted to buy down the costs. There are 3 other Ross's in my area and I went to 2 of them over the course of the next few days as they are really close. Only Air Gliders and Ram Cycles but I left them all.

You can say what you what about "the rebelscum guys" but I've offered to help you in the past and will continue to do so. The guy you refer to has helped us get all of our DCUC at $5 and below for the last 5 waves and takes care of anyone who asks including his hisstank, fwoosh and rebelscum friends. And those sets he scored he got on 2 different days not one morning. BTW, he's a Joe collector first and SW oh about 4th...

Look.. I am not saying you owe me anything. if you guys want to sell stuff that is your right.. I already said I would have probably done the same thing if I hit a Ross store and found 5 sets.. Except I might have sold one or two sets just to get my money back, and kept the other sets for myself because I don't know anybody that collects Joe. I am not saying scalping is a horrible thing to do or whatever... but don't try to say you offered to help me find anything.. because I posted on here that they were all gone in town, and you didn't say anything about your 6 sets.. and you didn't tell your awesome hoarding friend that I needed a set either, even though we both know he picked up well over 20 sets.

You and the rebelscum crew have a great thing going.. that is awesome for all of you guys.. but your friend is a greedy hoarder. He hoards up everything in town and distributes it to people that don't live here or to ebay.. hurray, what a nice friend to have!

He also puts everything on ebay as soon as it comes out... that is his right.. but don't try to tell me he is this great dude for hooking you up with DC figures (because I see him put them on ebay too).. you think he does that because he is nice? No.. I know exactly the kind of collector he is.. he goes out and hoards everything up and sits back and thinks "I am the king of the hunters"... and he likes that he is the one who finds everything and others have to come to him to get stuff..but in reality, nobody would need his help if he would just take only what he wants.. he just buys up everything because he gets off on the fact that he didn't let anybody else buy anything.. and that is a crappy attitude for a collector to have.

And dishing them out to friends on hisstank, or other websites is a jerk move too... he is basically outsourcing our flow of toys to other places... what about the people that live HERE?

with 6 Ross stores here.. there is absolutely no justifiable reason for only ONE guy to buy everything in Sacramento... that is just greedy hoarding.. and it's not cool.

anyhow, thanks for the offer with the other things.. but I already picked up a Fury at Ross.. I didn't really care for or want the other Bravo vehicles.. so I LEFT THEM there for somebody that might (crazy right?).. but your friend probably gobbled them up after I left.

now I have already given this 10 minutes more than I cared to...

they are just plastic toys and my world doesn't revolved around them... no biggie