Hot Toys Announces IJ License

Stay_Dread

This is what Hot Toys have said:

Dear Fans, our 10th Anniversary Exhibition in Tokyo is coming in just a week! Are you ready for that?

At the event, we will have new and greatly expected licenses & products to be unveiled!

To kill your thirst, we now proudly announce the FIRST licensed product here which must be highly anticipated by fans for long!! Here, we are excited to bring you with the teaser of our MMS DX Indiana Jones Collectible Figure from the Indiana Jones – Raiders of the Lost Ark movie, which is a collaborated project with Sideshow Collectibles, and will be FIRST unveiled in the Hot Toys 10th Anniversary Exhibition Tokyo Event on Dec 24-26, 2010!!!

Anyone excited about this? I don't know much about Hot Toys. It looks like they only make large scale figures, so maybe not much hope of them continuing the 3 3/4 line?

Indiana%20Jones%20-%20Raiders%20of%20the%20Lost%20Ark%20teaser__scaled_600.jpg

Hot Toys is an expensive 12-inch figure company. However, when you spend money on that special figure, you won't be disappointed. There failures can be counted on one hand with room to spare.

Everything featofstrength said is true. If you want decent Indiana Jones figures to play with, go buy SIdeshow figures. HT is for the high end collectible crowd.

I love the replies to this announcement on the Hot Toys facebook page...little excitement for Indiana, just high hopes that a HT Star Wars line isnt far behind. CMON, IT'S INDIANA JONES!! Up yours, Star Wars.

I'm actually very excited for an Indy from Hot Toys. I had been kicking around the idea of buying the Sideshow one, but I'm glad I didn't now. Most definitely will pick up a DX Doctor Jones when he becomes available. And throw in equipment for Indy from Raiders, Temple, and Crusade.

As far as Star Wars? That actually kinds of scares me. I'm a Star Wars nut and have quite a few of the armored Star Wars characters (Vader, Troopers, Clones), but if HT picked it up I would probably go for the core cast as well. And then go utterly broke in the process.

The picture on the front page of the Hot Toys Indiana is amazing looking! I will most definitely be adding this to my collection.

What's the average price on a Hot Toys figure and where is the best place to buy them. I've been tempted to take the plunge for a little while and seeing there upcoming line up (Indiana Jones, 89 Batman, and Metal Gear Solid in particular) is making it hard to resist.

The picture on the front page of the Hot Toys Indiana is amazing looking! I will most definitely be adding this to my collection.

What's the average price on a Hot Toys figure and where is the best place to buy them. I've been tempted to take the plunge for a little while and seeing there upcoming line up (Indiana Jones, 89 Batman, and Metal Gear Solid in particular) is making it hard to resist.

Hot Toys generally go from around $150 to upwards of $250ish depending on accessories and such. I usually get mine from bigbadtoystore.com or cornerstorecomics.com . Check both sites for Hot Toy listings. And, technically, you can pre-order / order from the sideshow website too. They just, generally, seem to be more expensive.

These are high end movable statue-esque collectibles and aren't anything you get on the cheap. They also seem to sky rocket on the secondary market - making it hard to impossible (read stupid expensive) to play catch up.

Hot Toys stuff is pretty awesome. They do have some fragility issues, but their customer service is the best out there. I have the Hellboy figure, and it makes me so happy just thinking about it haha. Here's a review I did of HB - http://www.joecustoms.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=22329

The Indy stuff looks good so far. The DX figures have movable eyes.