play arts kai

redrum2581

so i had all 4 cloud play arts as well as both tifa's and i liked them alot so i decided to pick up some of the new play arts kai figures. so far i've got ichigo and my only complaint is his paints are massive, i thought that got a lil smaller in his bankai form. i have dante from dmc and jeanne from bayonetta coming with in the next coupla days and they look great, i also ordered sazh from ffxiii bcuz he has an afro @smilepunch@ i'm thinking about grabing the sneaking suit snake from mg, chris redfield from re and noble six from the halo reach. anybody have an opinion on these figures, i never c them talked about on here. theyre massive figures, ichigo stands at the height of s6 heavy duty, so theyre well over the 6in scale but still really nice, i jus hope they make somemore based of the series their using, like a raiden from mg, some more bleach like ichigo's full hollow form the one he used to take down ulquirro but fully clothed, and leon from re, i think i'd like the re figs better if theyre in their stars uniform or rcpd.

so dante came in and he's about a half inch taller than ichigo, so he huge! looks good but my rebellion (his sword) is missing paint apps or is jus fudged no big deal i'll fix it later. Jeanne is pretty cool she's tiny in caparison to the other 2 but so cool with the feathers on her guns, overall i'm impressed and satisfied and would recomend these to anybody and can't wait to get more

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I love play arts kai. Cant wait for the Arkham ones.

I only have a few. I have: DMC4 Dante, DMC4 Nero, Jack Skellington, Bayonetta, Jeane, And all the FF13 figs (besides the summons :()

I want to get Solid Snake and a few others.

How are Bayonetta and Jeanne? I want to pick them up, but from the pictures I've seen online it looks like they're wearing diapers.

I honeslty wouldnt recommend Bayonetta. Her hips look weird, her earings and attached to her face, her heads a tap too small, the joints feel surprisingly weak. Her left knee joint actually broke like 5 mins after I took her out of the box. Both of her feet guns dont stick in. Ugh @hmmm@ I think I just got a really bad one. I heard other peoples review's of her, and they're not that great either. I still like her cause shes Bayonetta, and I loved the game. So if you wanna buy her for that reason alone, it works. I just cant pose mine or anything.

Jeanne on the other hand is fine for me. Same body and everything, but she's actually sturdy. My Jeanne's head falls off all the time, but at least thats the only thing wrong with her. Same thing with Bayonetta though. They're only good if he really liked the game. Thats how I view them.

I think its funny though. Loved Bayonetta (the game, the character, everything) and didnt like Jeanne at all. Not even at the end fight. But with the toys, I like Jeanne so much better!!

I loved Bayonetta, and loved Jeanne even more. But with the figures sounding like you mentioned, and seeing it in reviews, I'm going to have to skip them. I don't want to start collecting another scale as these two figures will lead to me getting Dante, then Kratos, then those SF figures when they come out. Making the decision to not jump in will be the best thing for me to do.

I loved Bayonetta, and loved Jeanne even more. But with the figures sounding like you mentioned, and seeing it in reviews, I'm going to have to skip them. I don't want to start collecting another scale as these two figures will lead to me getting Dante, then Kratos, then those SF figures when they come out. Making the decision to not jump in will be the best thing for me to do.

I hear ya. I have a lot of different scale sizes and with all those they open up a big gap in my wallet. Plus there different scale issues in Play Arts. The new ones are a 2 or more inches taller than the old ones now. But I'll be getting the SF, Arkham ones, Bleach, more FF, Metal Gear, and Kratos eventually. Its now just finding out when and how to get them.

I love different scale sizes though. My smallest are my Mini-Mates and my largest is my Stay Puft. So my scale goes from 2 inches to 20. I love it though :D

I still need Fang, Sazh and Hope from the Final Fantasy XIII series...

I love the FFXIII Play Arts! I bought them all at once and it was a good day when I got them in the mail. I really want Odin, but I try not to go over 50 bucks a figure. I'll probably have to make a exception for him.

I still need Fang, Sazh and Hope from the Final Fantasy XIII series...

I love the FFXIII Play Arts! I bought them all at once and it was a good day when I got them in the mail. I really want Odin, but I try not to go over 50 bucks a figure. I'll probably have to make a exception for him.

i think i'll be good with all 6 main characters of the game. too bad Toys R Us didn't carry the 2nd wave. my only option now is Ebay. :(

I only have Big Boss from Metal Gear Solid (both version) in mint condition. They looks awesome but too big comparing to my other figures. After seeing all the upcoming figures from play arts kai, guess I'll have start a new collection. Planning on getting Kratos, ryu, Ezio( I know hes out allready), Solid Snake, Batman & Joker, Cloud, Master Chief etc. I wished they kept the old scale like how it used to be but oh well. But for the price, its definitely worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

All I have is Big Boss [sneaking suit version] and Kat from Reach. Boss is awesome but Kat left a lot to be desired, and I don't even like Halo. Not a lot of figures really match their scale, but my Motoko Kusanagi figure matches PERFECTLY with Big Boss. Besides that, there aren't any other figures I own that are a similar scale.