The 10 Most Baffling Action Figure Accessories of All Time

Superpowers1980

this list is kinda lame.

the parachute batman being orange isn't an accessory. it's his paint app.

the motorcycle human torch is for little kids who like human torch and moving cycles to pull back and watch him go. and again, that's not an accessory. same for flash on a cycle.

batman with ski's is just batman with ski's. i guess it's silly, but it's targeted at little kids.

there are lots of others where the toy makers are just trying to put a character in as many different costumes as possible for little kids. And Mikey the turtle in a clown costume is totally in line with the TNMT cartoon.

darth vader with a crossbow is the only one i agree with (and completely).

this list is kinda lame.

the parachute batman being orange isn't an accessory. it's his paint app.

the motorcycle human torch is for little kids who like human torch and moving cycles to pull back and watch him go. and again, that's not an accessory. same for flash on a cycle.

batman with ski's is just batman with ski's. i guess it's silly, but it's targeted at little kids.

there are lots of others where the toy makers are just trying to put a character in as many different costumes as possible for little kids. And Mikey the turtle in a clown costume is totally in line with the TNMT cartoon.

darth vader with a crossbow is the only one i agree with (and completely).

LOL, the observation is more absurd than the list.

My favorite was the Spidey dress up toy. That is SCARY! Actually all his observations are hilarious. Whoever wrote this kind of reminds me of the Angry Video Game Nerd. :P

the article's author actually trumps everything on the list with his obsessive use of the f-bomb.

sure, the f-word is funny sometimes... but it is not clever or witty to use it in every sentence instead of using adjectives or verbs

the article's author actually trumps everything on the list with his obsessive use of the f-bomb.

sure, the f-word is funny sometimes... but it is not clever or witty to use it in every sentence instead of using adjectives or verbs

Definitely agree! That's why I said he reminded me of the Angry Video Game Nerd, who excessively curses, in a ridiculous fashion.

Seems a little too anal just for the sake of being a smartass about what adult toy makers do with CHILDREN'S toys? <_<

I mean, we could have some FUN with this topic and all of us come up with our own observations of such things that don't "make sense" in the world action figure accessories.

I mean, if we get TOO technical, we'd be laughing at Supermans cape even. Does he REALLY need it?

Seems a little too anal just for the sake of being a smartass about what adult toy makers do with CHILDREN'S toys? <_<

I mean, we could have some FUN with this topic and all of us come up with our own observations of such things that don't "make sense" in the world action figure accessories.

I mean, if we get TOO technical, we'd be laughing at Supermans cape even. Does he REALLY need it?

wow, something we finally agree on.

again, darth vader with a cross bow is really the only eyebrow raiser on the list.

another example could be ML silver surfer that comes with...howard the duck? maybe there's a marvel team-up i don't know about, but i always thought that was a very strange pairing.

Kids love lots of add-ons (aka accessories) for their toys and especially action figures. However, I think it's a sign of burnout or the well has been run dry when they start doing stuff like this, just for the sake of coming up with a new idea for a new accessory...

batman2u.jpg

@loll@

Kids love lots of add-ons (aka accessories) for their toys and especially action figures. However, I think it's a sign of burnout or the well has been run dry when they start doing stuff like this, just for the sake of coming up with a new idea for a new accessory...

batman2u.jpg

guitar.gif

The biggest examples of accessories gone rampant are Batman, Spiderman, and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Here is a hilarious example of how absurd the TMNT became with a funny take on it. If you can't hear the audio which is very good, go to youtube and watch the video in 240P insteda of 350P, its very funny.

Heh. I always enjoy the lists on cracked.com and try to swing by the website on occasions for a good chuckle or two. Yes, they are picking on children's toys aimed at children. And that, in it self, explains why Spider-Man needs a four-wheeler, Flash needs a motorcycle, or Superman a flying car. But the humor is in taking the characters "seriously" and then trying to explain the accessories as if it showed up in a comic book, cartoon, or movie. Might be a bit of an eye-raiser.

Of course this type of ironic taking things literal type of humor has a very dry undertone to it. And that's what I enjoy. As for the language? I didn't even notice the excessive use of it when I read through the article. But, then again, I did spend many MANY years as a waiter and become desensitized to foul language that would make a sailor blush and other horrifically offensive slurs.