POC Wave 3 Snake Eyes--first impressions

ARROW

Why's it always the last SE is the best SE? It's like they want you to buy 50 of them before finally giving you a good one, lol.

I suppose............maybe they learn from their past mistakes? guitar.gif

Maybe, but then they fudge it all up again on the next "first" SE for the next line, lol.

Those are the mistakes they learn from!

Found this on Christmas eve and bought it for my son's stocking. And I have to say - damn, what a fantastic figure! 3 swords, silenced pistol, uzi, and rifle. Removable knife and interchangeable head? Yowza! I like the interchangeable head because I've always been more of a fan of the v1 look even though the v2 with visor seems to be widely more popular.

I only collect 1:6 stuff for myself these days, and I wish this figure would get a giant sized counter part. Including the changeable portrait. The few POC items I have purchased for my little one have been of the highest caliber and I must confess that I am quite impressed.

I got my two today from hasbrotoyshop.com, and...oh man. As cool as pooda's pics are, they do not do this figure justice. I may have found what I consider to be the perfect Snake-Eyes figure of all time. It is simply amazing in-hand. I do believe we are on the verge of experiencing a G.I. Joe renaiassance of sorts if they keep up this level of quality.

• Like 1

I got my two today from hasbrotoyshop.com, and...oh man. As cool as pooda's pics are, they do not do this figure justice. I may have found what I consider to be the perfect Snake-Eyes figure of all time. It is simply amazing in-hand. I do believe we are on the verge of experiencing a G.I. Joe renaiassance of sorts if they keep up this level of quality.

There's going to be those people out there that reject all the superlatives out of hand, but this Snake Eyes figure really is that good. Glad you got yours, DB.

• Like 1

Thanks ARROW...y'know, I think we as adult toy collectors are sometimes a little spoiled. In this age of immediate info on the internet, toy reviews ad nauseam, and the general collecting mentality we all have, we sometimes can be a little too analytical and picky when it comes to even the most awesome toys, and I say "we" because I can be one of the worst. Maybe we're all more discerning as adult collectors. I don't know...

But anyway, this Snake-Eyes is absolutely amazing. My hat's off to Hasbro for such quality work. Somebody did an awesome sculpting this figure, and I love the new articulation. Heck...I can even pose ol' Snakes pulling his sword out of the sheath on his back!! How cool is that?!

• 2 weeks later...

Probably a totally inconsequential discovery about Wave 3 Snake Eyes today--but still sort of cool nonetheless:

His knee-pads come off!

And there's some small sculpted fold detail underneath.

I wonder what that portents?

• Like 1

My prefered look on this figure is with the harness off. The wool shirt has enough detail that he looks really good without the harness. I put a sword on his back and use the visor head and it's one of the best SE figures ever! ##1#

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to revisit this thread for a recipe:

Had been meaning to find a small item ( and had to just about empty my office closet to find it!) for a couple of weeks now, and and went at it today.

The early 25th Anniversary Snake Eyes came with a really nicely detailed satchel , which this latest version surprisingly does not have (and has a weird rigid throwback version of the satchel-booooo!) and I wanted to see how it looked on the new guy.

Well, I found the stachel--and yeah.....wow, makes the figure.

I placed mine so it lays slung over the left side of the waist. Fitted him with the version 2 head and Timber to complete him.

Ultimate Snake Eyes.

And while the iron is hot.......Duke, from the same wave.

Been mulling him over for a while and happened up some parts in my storage tubs that I thought I would try.

Spytroops Crosshair--his vest and belt kit......I put them on and BINGO! There was the Duke I've been looking for!

I gave mine POC2 Recondo's SCAR (?) rifle to fill him out into the "hero-role" I've had in my mind.

( and if you are wondering; Crosshair's boonie hat fits POC1 Jungle Duke just perfect)