Anyone hate their current home State?

Rockzilla

Ok so I felt like ranting a little bit here. So I have lived in Florida for 6 years and have come to the conclusion that the place sucks. The economy is particularly bad here, the drivers are the worst, the schools are a joke, and most of the people are morons. I think the weather sucks too. Up north I was an outdoorsman but with the humidity down here I never want to stay outside for long. I hope to get out of this nightmare soon.

• Like 1

Its a pity the environment isn't working out better for you there. Maybe just moving to another community in the state might help? The unfortunate thing is some of those conditions you complain about are pretty much constants most everywhere else.

I suppose I could probably rant about where I am: winter has set in and we've had snow for a month already............and it'll be around until next April. Temps will average about -15C and when the wind blows.........well, its just not fun.

But that is okay.

The province I'm living in has had the best economy in the country for the last couple of years running, its easy to get around here, there's lots of amenities for me, lots of access........and great toy hunting. Great places to eat around us, good shopping.

I've got a nice home, good friends locally......work is coming to me on a consistent basis--there's growth here.

So I can't complain myself.

• Like 1

You want to hear a rant?

I live in the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations, where apparently the word "Plantations" is racist.

Half the electorate doesn't vote and the half that does is loaded with morons.

The state is broke and there are no jobs because of nepotism, cronyism, ridiculous pensions and absolute Union control.

Depending on where you live the schools are either fantastic or suck something awful.

The drivers? Well at least they're better than Connecticut drivers.

And weather? Try living up here Rockzilla. Seventy degrees in November, snow in May, hell it's below 30 right now but tomorrow might bring in a heat wave.

well... I am in California... nuff said?

we are bankrupt, our government sucks because it is loaded with democrats that just want to raise our taxes and give all of our money to illegal immigrants...

and we have way too many immigrants, period. and whatever happened to English? It's like I woke up one day in a third world country comprised solely of asians.

I have no problem with AMERICANS of any ethnicity... but if you come from a different country, please at least make some effort to learn the language and contribute to the community. I go to walmart and see 4 generations of one family, all speaking vietnamese or something... I know you didn't all just get off the boat!

I'm from Connecticut but have lived in Florida for 9 years now I don't ever consider Florida my home to me it is still Connecticut

I'm just an hour north of Tampa and there are alot of Michiganites here and they really don't know how to drive

well... I am in California... nuff said?

we are bankrupt, our government sucks because it is loaded with democrats that just want to raise our taxes and give all of our money to illegal immigrants...

and we have way too many immigrants, period. and whatever happened to English? It's like I woke up one day in a third world country comprised solely of asians.

I have no problem with AMERICANS of any ethnicity... but if you come from a different country, please at least make some effort to learn the language and contribute to the community. I go to walmart and see 4 generations of one family, all speaking vietnamese or something... I know you didn't all just get off the boat!

They shouldn't be wasting money on illegals when there are american born people that need help and jobs.

I don't have much to complain about here in Northwestern Montana. The people here are generally pretty level-headed (except for all of the dumbass Californians that have flocked here in massive numbers over the last ten years that want to come here to get away from CA and at the same time are trying to turn this state into a liberal craphole just like CA is).

Other than that, my only real complaint is the weather. We get about three months of summer, from about half way through June to half way through September, and the rest of the time it is cold and rainy or cold and snowy. We've had snow here since early November, and it will probably be that way until around May. If you don't ski or snowmobile, there's not much to do here nine months out of the year...

I'm from Connecticut but have lived in Florida for 9 years now I don't ever consider Florida my home to me it is still Connecticut

I'm just an hour north of Tampa and there are alot of Michiganites here and they really don't know how to drive

I'm from Virginia and I certainly do not consider Florida my home. Unfortunately it is my current home whether I like it or not.

Anyways I agree about the Michiganites combined with people from New Joisey they are the worst drivers.

I'm from New Jersey. Apparently we all talk and act and look like idiots, and everyone now wants to copy us? lol

I have problems with my state, as anyone would, but I love it regardless. I like where I live, as I have lived in the city and in the country, and where I am now is a perfect mix, so nothing is too far or too crowded or crazy. I live near the shore, I have lots of friends close by. We have 4 seasons, not always perfectly, but the weather hasn't been too bad, even when it's totally unpredictable like it's been the last few years. The economy sucks, but I'm not worried, God's got my back. And as for everything else, ah well, I'm content and that's all that matters to me! :) And I got my hubby too, so even better!!!

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

I am in bc I love everything but the people :S people are dicks no mater where you go though @loll@

@loll@

No, no...no hate for the good ol' Volunteer State from me. I'm quite happy living here actually. But I will agree with you concerning Floridian drivers. I've been vacationing in Daytona Beach every summer for the past sixteen years now, and it never ceases to amaze me how erratic and upredictable drivers in Florida generally seem to be. So I guess it's not just my imagination apparently. (lol)

I usually feel particularly hateful towards Florida during this time since I miss white Christmases. Hell I miss having seasons lol. I'm very happy that the weather is cooler now, I was getting tired of 90 degree scorchers.

@Devilbat

Yeah most people notice right away the drivers are terrible lol. The only people who fail to notice it are natural born Floridians who have been desensitized by the bad driving. Vacationing is all this place is good for. Moving here is a terrible idea especially if you have little kids! The schools are the worst. There were some bs studies saying Flordia ranks #8 in education. The state has always been #49 when it comes to education. Luckily I only had two years of highschool left and received most of my education in Virginia. Still two years in a Florida school was terrible lol. I was surprised by the number of students who could barely read.

I usually feel particularly hateful towards Florida during this time since I miss white Christmases. Hell I miss having seasons lol. I'm very happy that the weather is cooler now, I was getting tired of 90 degree scorchers.

@Devilbat

Yeah most people notice right away the drivers are terrible lol. The only people who fail to notice it are natural born Floridians who have been desensitized by the bad driving. Vacationing is all this place is good for. Moving here is a terrible idea especially if you have little kids! The schools are the worst. There were bs studies saying Flordia ranks #8 in education. The state has always been #49 when it comes to education. Luckily I only had two years of highschool left and received most of my education in Virginia. Still two years in a Florida school was terrible lol. I was surprised by the number of students who could barely read.

Yeah I miss snow and the change of seasons..But as I write this it is 41 degrees in the Tampas area and this feels like home

I do hate that most of the year its in the high 90's and very humid

I like my state, Minnesota.

What I don't care for is the people who live here and complain around this time of year, "Bah, it's cold out there, I'm tired of it being cold, cold, cold." Well....what state do you live in? What month is it? It's going to be cold.

Then the summer comes. Are they happy? No. Then they complain about the same thing, just take out "cold" and insert "hot".

I hate my HOME state, but not the current state I call home.

I wish I was able to separate the Chicago area from the rest of the miserably-cold-rude-nosey-judgmental-inbreed rural jack@$$es that inhabit most of mid-west Illinois. There are a few really cool people like Pixel Dan and company that live around larger cities like the Springfield area, but from Quincy to the Quad Cities to Peoria, nothing but terrible people that make you never want to leave the house. ..And EVERYBODY has a flipping customized license plate. #WTF# As long as there is a number in it, customizing is free so you see a LOT of really stupid ones. Don't get me started.

Now here in Texas, most people are friendly and would say hello out common of courtesy. If I was to wave hello on some folks sitting on the porch in Illinois, they'd be like "What the f*** you waving at. @grumpy@ "

In Texas, people tend to mind their own business. In Illinois, they act like they have a legal right to know what you are up to. "You buy TOYS and they are not for your kids? You don't have kids? What's wrong with you? Why can't you be miserable like the rest of us? What does your wife think? ..Oh, she's Ok with it. Well you aren't supposed to marry some Chinese girl anyway." <_<

Believe me, this is NOT form my family. This is the type of crap you hear from your average citizen in rural Illinois that you barley know.

What I don't care for is the people who live here and complain around this time of year, "Bah, it's cold out there, I'm tired of it being cold, cold, cold." Well....what state do you live in? What month is it? It's going to be cold.

Then the summer comes. Are they happy? No. Then they complain about the same thing, just take out "cold" and insert "hot".

...for instance: I am right now watching a news cast about a major dumping of snow we just had this weekend with citizens bitching because the streets were not instantly plowed. We got about 2 feet of snow, people couldn't drive, it's the city's fault?!

Stop Whining!

I usually feel particularly hateful towards Florida during this time since I miss white Christmases. Hell I miss having seasons lol.

Living in Montana, I have very little sympathy for you. :(

Screw winter and snow.

I love Minnesota. My parents grew up there, and I spent quite a bit of time there in the 80's and 90's on family vacations. I have to say though...the winters there suck. Montana's winters are bad, but they're nothing compared to Minnesota. Minnesota is nice in the summer, but I'd never wanna live there on account of the cold, windy winters.