What paint should I use for DCUC figures?

PeepsChicken

Good news: all four of the two-packs I ordered from the Mattycollector cyber Monday sale came in, and there are no stuck or broken figures. I love most of the figures, surprisingly, even the dogs like Ultraman. Bwana Beast is just spectacular, as is Adam Strange.

Bad news: my Romat-Ru from the Color of Fear 2-pack has an unpainted ring. I normally don't bother painting or fixing my figures, but that's his whole power, man.

The question: what type of paint is best for fixing something like that? For bonus points, if anybody has actually painted a Sinestro Corp figure, is there an ideal shade of yellow out there?

Use a lacquer primer (grey or white, and just a dot of it) to bond to the plastic. When dry, dab it with an enamel yellow/gold.

Don't put the enamel on the PVC plastic without the primer; there's something about PVC and enamel paints, especially soft PVC's like they use for action figures - the paint might never dry.

No joke - I recently found an old figure that I painted with enamel in 1995, and the paint on one part was STILL wet and tacky.

Hey, thanks for the reply. Before I saw your post, I went by a local hobby shop and they recommended I use an acrylic paint. I went ahead and bought it and used it... it seemed to work just fine.

It won't eat a hole through my toy or anything, will it?

• 2 weeks later...