DC Universe - Rumored Wave 18 Super Friends

Superpowers1980

i think that everyone should have a chance to get what he wants. if comic or animated, i dont care. i would love to have andrea"phantasm"baumont as a figure. i would be more then happy or the trenchcoat joker from the movie just in the dcuc style. the line isnt far from over and i buyed a lot of figs in the dcuc line, i really didnt wanted and in the end i loved them anyway. except with some quality issues, mattel realy delivers the best dc line in the history of dc figures.

before we jump to the dcdirect is better bandwagon, i must say that it is all my opinion.guitar.gifguitar.gifguitar.gif

i think that everyone should have a chance to get what he wants. if comic or animated, i dont care. i would love to have andrea"phantasm"baumont as a figure. i would be more then happy or the trenchcoat joker from the movie just in the dcuc style. the line isnt far from over and i buyed a lot of figs in the dcuc line, i really didnt wanted and in the end i loved them anyway. except with some quality issues, mattel realy delivers the best dc line in the history of dc figures.

before we jump to the dcdirect is better bandwagon, i must say that it is all my opinion.guitar.gifguitar.gifguitar.gif

I totally agree. Everyone should have a chance to see their favorite characters made. One figure I would love to see is Granny. And countless other random characters. I too have bought figures in waves that I didnt want, but ended up liking. And I'm very happy about that. Since Mattel has made the best dc figures, I welcome any new ones they dish out :D

So it looks like only me and Superpowers are the only ones hoping that the Superfriends are made. Infact when I first started collection DCUC figures the only characters that I wanted was from the Superfriends/Super Powers cartoon. But then there where some that I had like from the comics. Funny thing is my store is getting in comic books and the one that we had in Oct. of JLA had a drawing of Sameria in it. I was total blown away to see him in the comics cause only place I ever saw him was from the cartoons and the old Super Ppowers figures which I never could fine. I just did a seach and there was some comic books with them.

superfriends13.jpg

SuperFriends_38_Seraph.jpg

I not against a Super Friends wave...just shocked that they would do one. I would buy the various characters if they came out.

That's the same way I think about the rumor Rainbow Lanterns. Just get them out and it be over with for other DC character. I really hope the rumors for wave 17 & 18 are ture. I really don't collect DCD figures so having the Rainbow Lanterns in DCUC is a great thing for me to get as well as the Superfriends rumors.

I personally think the Rainbow Lantern wave is a terrible idea if its true. We already have had the Green Lantern overkill this year and into the next. I don't mind the idea of the Rainbow Lantern wave just as long as its under the Green Lantern Classics line. With the Super Friends they fit perfectly into the DCUC line.

I personally think the Rainbow Lantern wave is a terrible idea if its true. We already have had the Green Lantern overkill this year and into the next. I don't mind the idea of the Rainbow Lantern wave just as long as its under the Green Lantern Classics line. With the Super Friends they fit perfectly into the DCUC line.

i totaly agree with you on this. as much as i wanna see them coming i rather have them in the green lantern classics then in the dcuc. i mean why is the green lantern classics line out if we still get figures in the dcuc line? i even regret that i voted for nekron to be a baf in the dcuc. he should be a baf in the green lantern classics. most who wanna have him, are into green lantern stuff anyway so it would make perfect sense to me. as a green lantern fan, i would rather buy an entire green lantern wave to get a lantern baf then lets say hourman or gentleman ghost to get the piece i need. also, i buy me some nice lanterns and then some nice dcuc at the same time. so the collection grows faster. lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yes I hope so too if so then my collection will be almost complete. Beside the Superfriends the only other characters that I want are Fire and Ice. But until they come out I guess I contenue getting these until they come out or until I run our of room to put them at.

I am sooooo excited about the Blackest Night Wave 17 aka the rainbow lantern wave. This is really a bold move by Mattel to make a wave like that. There are alot of people saying they hate it and won't buy it, but I am sure it will be more popular than people think. Alot of people said that the Sinestro Corps Batman was a terrible idea and would not sell, but now I am seeing that figure in almost every picture someone posts of thier GL Corps/Sinestro Corps set up.

I think a Super Friends wave would be great also. I don't know if its a good idea to have it RIGHT after the rainbow lantern wave. Either way, I think Mattel knows what they are doing, even if everyone thinks they are losing thier touch.

Well, between this wave and the rainbow faux-lantern wave, that's at least two waves of DCUC I have no interest in this year. Swell for the people that -do- want them, but if you keep putting out entire waves that polarize collectors like this, it won't be good for the long-term prospects of the line.

Okay as stated many time in many forums, to all, the GLC series was not picked up for the third wave from retailers, simple and that is why the name brand starts with DCU, DCUniverse so wave 17 has as much right being in the DCUC series as does wave 18. I didn't want wave 18 at least the remaining SP characters but thought it would be cool to own and have in my collection.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Collect-and-Connect: Apache Chief

Toyman

Black Vulcan

Samurai

El Dorado

Modern Captain Boomerang

Bronze Tiger (Classic)

This is what I'm expecting (as it has been passed on by a source that has been on the money so far). I'll snag a Bronze Tiger, maybe Boomerang depending on the incarnation and costume, and maybe Toyman, then save more money for the LOSH set.

Collect-and-Connect: Apache Chief

Toyman

Black Vulcan

Samurai

El Dorado

Modern Captain Boomerang

Bronze Tiger (Classic)

This is what I'm expecting (as it has been passed on by a source that has been on the money so far). I'll snag a Bronze Tiger, maybe Boomerang depending on the incarnation and costume, and maybe Toyman, then save more money for the LOSH set.

I would be cool with this line-up and hope that the JSA line-up that has been rumored for wave 19 comes true.

I would take all of them but Bronze Tiger. I have never hear of him.