DC Universe - Rumored Wave 18 Super Friends

Superpowers1980

All the other forums are reporting on the rumor that Wave 18 will be a Super Friends themed wave which I find highly exciting. The idea of having a total one spot shop for all the Super Friends is an awesome idea.

Setlist:

Samurai

Superman and Bizarro (interchangeable head and hands)

Manhunter

Black Vulcan

Metallo

El Dorado

C&C Apache Chief

Man this would be a total badass wave that I really, really hope is true. With Wave 16 coming around the corners I hope it isn't too long before we get the run down on Wave 17 and 18 and hoping Wave 18 is what is rumored above. I think Manhunter is kind of lame, if I remember he is the guy who was supposed to be in the cancelled Wave 4 of the Super Powers line. Also I really hope Metallo is regular size with interchangeable limbs, that would be friggin awesome. Lastly with the price hike I am glad the waves are down to 6 figures. We were up to 8 with the variants and all and it was killing the wallet, this running change has been good because I didn't know how much longer I could afford these.

"inyuk-chuk!"

• Like 3

I hope this is ture as well though Manhunter and Metallo where never in the Superfriends show. I would get all but these two and just get the 2 C&C parts that go with Manhunter and Metallo on e-bay. I really hope this is ture then my DCUC will be complete.

If Manhunter is the "Paul Kirk" Goodwin/Simonson one then I am so in. Easily one of the greatest, most under-rated comic serials ever done--and it was a back-up until its final story. Of course he has to come with his broom-handled Mauser and bundi-dagger--and he'd be a prime candidate for the double-hinged knees and elbows.

• Like 1

If its this Manhunter then I have heard the stories were good (part of the reason he was to be in the SP line) but the costume is sooo lame, he looks like DC's equivalent of Marvel's Iron Fist.

IMG_7562.jpg

That has to be one of the DUMBEST comic outfits ever designed.

Really...It's embarrassing.

• Like 2

The Metallo/Manhunter entries could be the exception that proves the rule. Basically a couple of nonSFs to appease the haters.

As for the actual Superfriends characters, I truly hope this is legit, but that Supes/Bizarro figure seems a bit far-fetched.

The Supes/Bizarro does seem far fetched because the chest area is exposed and Superman has normal flesh colors while Bizarro is chalk white. I think a standard Bizz would be great, not feeling the original DCSH one anymore.

• Like 1

If its this Manhunter then I have heard the stories were good (part of the reason he was to be in the SP line) but the costume is sooo lame, he looks like DC's equivalent of Marvel's Iron Fist.

IMG_7562.jpg

That has to be one of the DUMBEST comic outfits ever designed.

Really...It's embarrassing.

Wait, you don't like the pointlessly short/long flaring sleeves or the caged ankles and calves...lol

He looks like a gay disco ninja

• Like 1

Here is a couble of pics of Bizrro.

Super Powers

185px-Bizarro-superfriends2.jpg

Superfriends

bizarro_bigswoop-723659.jpg

They could go for any one of these two.

• Like 1

Here is a couble of pics of Bizrro.

Super Powers

185px-Bizarro-superfriends2.jpg

Superfriends

bizarro_bigswoop-723659.jpg

They could go for any one of these two.

Both are good though I really hope we get the Super Friends version, he was just mean and evil while the SP version was always happy and wasn't really a bad guy, but I too welcome either design.

Samurai

Superman and Bizarro (interchangeable head and hands)

Manhunter

Black Vulcan

Metallo

El Dorado

C&C Apache Chief

First of all, I don't think this is going to be the wave line up. There's no modern day figure to draw in newer readers. You basically have to be a SF/SP fan to buy the whole wave. The Superman/Bizarro reference is a clear indicator that this is not the actual line. Also way too many obscure heroes that are not appearing in current comics. (I mean seriously, if Mattel can't sell a Legion of Superheroes wave at mass retail, and they had a cartoon series only a couple years ago... Do you really think that regular people are going to buy character designs that haven't been seen in over 2 decades?)

That being said, I don't really have a problem with the wave. Bizarro could be interesting. I hope Metallo is a more STAS or 1950's vers. w/mustache. Black Vulcan and Samurai would be nice. El Dorado would have to look pretty good for me to want him, I can't stand his costume/ same for Manhunter.

They already have most of the parts for Apache Chief tooled from other baf's so it's something that will happen sooner or later.

I heard wave 17 is all Rainbow lanterns... That would be really surprising if true. I don't think Mattel has ever been that specific in their line up.

I really hope this comes ture I really want this wave. This be the first wave that I would have almost everyone in it.

• Like 1

IMG_7562.jpg

Yeah, that's the one. While I concede the costume is rather dated by today's standards, Manhunter's comic was really good and I think it still holds up well to reading today.

I don't care about the Super Friends that much, but I think it would be pretty cool if that rumored wave list turns out to be true.

PharmV

Terrible wave, if true. Manhunter, maybe Bizarro depending on what he looks like, and maybe Metallo. The rest... #yuk@#

Sorry guys, but like DarthFoley,I feel the same about all those characters. That would be a WASTE of slots on this wave. Maybe Bizarro /Supes could be the figure I would get, but I highly doubt it: how do they plan to make the reverse "S"?? variant body?? I think the bizarro supes idea doesn´t work if it´s not accurate.

I never gave the though of the backwards S for Bizzro but I do like this wave. I have always wanted the these Superfriends so I really do hope they do it. Maybe change Bizzro into Toyman and keep the Superman/Bizzro in a 2 pack. I know alot of you don't like this or the rumor wave 17 wave but I do. I don't collect the DCD verison so this gaves me the change to get the Rainbow Lanterns the only two I will not get from them is Atom and Hal. For Atom I have always gone by the Superfriends verison of him beening small and not big as for Hal I already have him and I really don't want him in black or white. The only way I may get Hal is if he was his evil counter part. I don't have Scarecrow so the yellow Scarecrow will be my first for him. I may have Luthor but I think he looks meaner in Orange as for Flash and Wonder Woman. It gave me a change to see them in a differnt look speacilly Wonder Woman. So that is why I hope we get these two rumor waves. Also it will be the first time that I would be getting more then two characters in one wave. Most of the waves that has been out I only have pick up 1 maybe two only wave 6 & 7 I got 3 in there waves and is going to be the same with wave 16.