DC Universe - Wave 16 carded

Superpowers1980

I am still waiting for BBTS to get these in and shipped out. Hopefully these will get here soon.

I am to and I only order for Robin. I really had though they would of got them this week.

There was a problem with some etailers getting shorted on their Robin solid cases according to MikeS over on Critical Mess - something to do with the 'modern' Robin packaged incorrectly, so some orders may be delayed. I'm currently waiting on MikeS to get the rest of his order in so I can get the wave shipped all at once.

i got my set today and yes this is one of the best waves for me and the worst because qc was a #@$#@ this time for me. lets start. character selection is awesome with this line. a metalmen, robin, jonah hex, bane as a bonus, what more can one want? the figures are all well painted and look awesome. mattel does great with every wave they bring out and i want more. now for the not so happy part. qc is bad, realy bad with the set i got. my vintage robins foot broke as soon as i tryed to move it and i noticed that the foot was allready glued back together. thats a new low if you ask me. robins leg has some green paint all over it too. then comes the riddler and his upper leg is broken in two and he also got glued back together. his question marks on the side are all washed with superglue and thats trash in my eyes. the figures were all mint. since i order online, i have no chance to check them out before i open them. who would have thought that they would be so bad. all the others seem fine for now. batman, mercury, bane, jonah, creeper and modern robin seem to be ok. i checked the articulation and i suggest fans to go slow on robins feet because they seem a bit hard to move at first because the paint went into the articulations on mine.

tryed to change mercurys hand and it broke too. i have at least more then 500 action figures and i know how to handle them but these are realy fragile. i must have bad luck as of late because my predators have the same problems with stuck elbows and knees and such or i am about to develop a super human strenght, i always dreamed i would have. guitar.gif

i got my set today and yes this is one of the best waves for me and the worst because qc was a #@$#@ this time for me. lets start. character selection is awesome with this line. a metalmen, robin, jonah hex, bane as a bonus, what more can one want? the figures are all well painted and look awesome. mattel does great with every wave they bring out and i want more. now for the not so happy part. qc is bad, realy bad with the set i got. my vintage robins foot broke as soon as i tryed to move it and i noticed that the foot was allready glued back together. thats a new low if you ask me. robins leg has some green paint all over it too. then comes the riddler and his upper leg is broken in two and he also got glued back together. his question marks on the side are all washed with superglue and thats trash in my eyes. the figures were all mint. since i order online, i have no chance to check them out before i open them. who would have thought that they would be so bad. all the others seem fine for now. batman, mercury, bane, jonah, creeper and modern robin seem to be ok. i checked the articulation and i suggest fans to go slow on robins feet because they seem a bit hard to move at first because the paint went into the articulations on mine.

There is nothing more disgusting than broken figures out the package. Man that burns me up, I am sorry to hear that. Call MAttel and see if you can get a replacement.

I called CSC last week, Wave 16 is coming next month while GLC has shipped.

There is nothing more disgusting than broken figures out the package. Man that burns me up, I am sorry to hear that. Call MAttel and see if you can get a replacement.

tell me about it. this is the first time that it hit me this much with a dc wave. i am kind of used to stuck joints and all. i know how to handle them and i know how to repaint stuff but when something is broken, thats harder. well my other robin lost his both feet. no chance i guess. i glued them back on and mercury is also fixed. it seems that mattel uses a realy fragile and breakable plastic. this was way better before. i tryed to take off robins head with the water trick. i never had a problem when i did it but this time the head broke off. i wanted to repaint him in a darker tone. the robins are horrible figures. i noticed that riddler wasn't brocken but he was not good assembled. means that i could fix him and i just had to repaint some questionmarks. all in all, i love the figures but with the robins breaking in every angle makes this wave a little mehhh. i fixed the robins but i cant move the feet. the arms are solid do. i dont believe that mattel would care for a little european dude who has a broken figure. they dont even care to sell these great figures around here. no dc line whatsoever. wonder if the green lantern movie figs will make it around here.

tell me about it. this is the first time that it hit me this much with a dc wave. i am kind of used to stuck joints and all. i know how to handle them and i know how to repaint stuff but when something is broken, thats harder. well my other robin lost his both feet. no chance i guess. i glued them back on and mercury is also fixed. it seems that mattel uses a realy fragile and breakable plastic. this was way better before. i tryed to take off robins head with the water trick. i never had a problem when i did it but this time the head broke off. i wanted to repaint him in a darker tone. the robins are horrible figures. i noticed that riddler wasn't brocken but he was not good assembled. means that i could fix him and i just had to repaint some questionmarks. all in all, i love the figures but with the robins breaking in every angle makes this wave a little mehhh. i fixed the robins but i cant move the feet. the arms are solid do. i dont believe that mattel would care for a little european dude who has a broken figure. they dont even care to sell these great figures around here. no dc line whatsoever. wonder if the green lantern movie figs will make it around here.

Dude, that is serious business. Having messed up Robins are a real downer especially considering how much of a desired figure he is. Its as bad as the Wonder Girl and Cheetah situations. I had a problem with the GL and Sinestro two pack, so far I opened one but Sinestro has a really loose mid waste joint. It amazes me how good the quality was with DCSH and how far down in quality they became when they switched to DCUC, right out the bat there were major issues.

true the dcsh were much more solid then the dcuc. funny fact they sold out nearly everywhere around here when they first came out and dcuc i a no go. way to make money i guess. i still have some of them like scarecrow, killercroc, bruce wayne and some batmans. the outfits werent that terrible. i love the aqua suit batman or however it is called. lol.

tryed to change mercurys hand and it broke too. i have at least more then 500 action figures and i know how to handle them but these are realy fragile. i must have bad luck as of late because my predators have the same problems with stuck elbows and knees and such or i am about to develop a super human strenght, i always dreamed i would have. guitar.gif

holy crap!!!! dude you have the worse luck!!! mine are fine other than the pose in the package for mercury left his leg bent. my leg broke off on my motu goddress and think it must be the extreme cold weather they experience in shipping.

for stuck joints I use a blow dryer than let them sit an hour at room temp before making any large movements. I think it's the bad economy, in 2011 they have the tech and materials to make the best toys ever , much better than in the 1980's but they don't seem to have the budget. I'm sure there are lots of guys who make toys that are flipping out because their company went with the cheaper plastic.

I am selling my variant robin and azrael batman loose $26 together $15 each

Hey there spidermanskrull, in what condition are the figures? i'd be interested if you still have them and they didn't have any major defects. do you accept Paypal? please msg me. thanks!

I just got my very first DCU Wave 16 figure today he really is nice looking here is the Creeper.

100_4686.jpg

Finally ordered a set from Entertainment Earth, the one with Deathstroke. I do have a question for any who have ordered these. The set with Deathstroke reads In Stock, but Deathstroke is saying it won't arrive until February. Will this affect when I receive the order even with it being In Stock? Thanks!

Creeper pisses me off because his fur throws a lot of weight behind him, but the ankle joints don't let him pitch forward enough to compensate. I managed to get him standing, but I'm not confident.

LOVING Riddler and Bane. AzBat I could take or leave, though he's very well executed, looks sharp for what he is. Jonah Hex I've never been too attached to, but he's executed well enough. Mercury is a great addition and I'm glad the scissor arm is lightweight.

With this classic Riddler my classic Batman rogues are REALLY shaping up! I need a good Poison Ivy, Scarecrow, Mad Hatter, and Mr. Freeze to round them out!