DC Universe - Wave 16 carded

Superpowers1980

I found a full case at my Wally World today. I only really wanted Jonah Hex, Mercury, and Bane, so 40's Robin, Super Powers Riddler, The Creeper, and Azrael Batman OR DCSH Azrael (I only need one Azrael, but they're both great) are all up for grabs.

When to my Wal-Mart again today and still no new figures no wave 16 or GL wave 2 only thing they had where.

4 Capt. Cold's

3 Firestorm's

2 Tyr's

2 Kamandi's

1 Blue Beetle

2 GL wave 1 Manhunter's

That is all my Wal-Mart has. The one Target I go they only have Big Barda I guess someone finally got the Kid Flash that has been there for over a year now.

No matter how you try to rationalize it, it's stealing, if you know that wasn't the price and you purposely withheld it to get it cheaper then you're stealing from the store. Of course the employee should've confirmed the price so he also made a mistake it just wasn't a dishonest one, I work at a store and this sort of thing could get an employee fired and it's sad in today's economy to lose one's job because someone thought he was smarter and cooler because he lied about a price to get something cheaper.

I don't think it's stealing, per se. It's a bit dishonest if you know the actual price. I don't think it's the same as ripping it out of the package and running out the store.

Actually, that's exactly what it's like. You just can't see that because you've mentally put yourself in a place where the criminal act is acceptable, even preferable.

Believe me, there isn't a bank robber, carjacker, embezzler, grifter, terrorist, etc. who didn't start off by saying "Hey world, you owe me this!"

I think it is just a way for oneself to justify such an action. It is like someone beating up his wife, saying something like "I don't want to do this, but you made me do it!"

IMO, buying a figure by intentionally giving a lower price is a little like swapping out figures, claiming that Mattel should have released this version of the figure first rather than previously releasing several "inferior" versions .

• Like 4

We all know what he did was wrong based on his reasoning.

If he has some strange medical condition where he's on a strict DCUC diet then maybe considering these difficult times we live in...well a guys gotta eat.

Seriously though there arent too many reasons that would justify lying and i'm sure there are some but if you dont have one then you really should keep your devilish practices to yourself.

• Like 3

No matter how you try to rationalize it, it's stealing, if you know that wasn't the price and you purposely withheld it to get it cheaper then you're stealing from the store. Of course the employee should've confirmed the price so he also made a mistake it just wasn't a dishonest one, I work at a store and this sort of thing could get an employee fired and it's sad in today's economy to lose one's job because someone thought he was smarter and cooler because he lied about a price to get something cheaper.

I don't think it's stealing, per se. It's a bit dishonest if you know the actual price. I don't think it's the same as ripping it out of the package and running out the store.

Actually, that's exactly what it's like. You just can't see that because you've mentally put yourself in a place where the criminal act is acceptable, even preferable.

Believe me, there isn't a bank robber, carjacker, embezzler, grifter, terrorist, etc. who didn't start off by saying "Hey world, you owe me this!"

I think it is just a way for oneself to justify such an action. It is like someone beating up his wife, saying something like "I don't want to do this, but you made me do it!"

IMO, buying a figure by intentionally giving a lower price is a little like swapping out figures, claiming that Mattel should have released this version of the figure first rather than previously releasing several "inferior" versions .

Yes, now i see the light!

Telling a wrong price to a cashier is EXACTLY like someone beating up their wife.

THank you so much for clearing this up.

regards

The Champ

Actually, I don't really plan on buying this wave in the stores anyway. So I really don't care.

• Like 3

I know from retail experience that if a figure is marked at x and it rings up cheaper at Y, then the store bites the difference and sells the figure at Y price. They do this because it is their mistake and they want to keep the customer happy.

If the figure doesn't ring up at all, then it's the stores responsability to find the price, and also keep the customer and line backed up till they do.

I'm sure there's a policy that covers this situation at places like walmart, and I think in the larger scheme of the store it's extremely minimal, so much that it's probably the reason why the cashier asks you "how much" instead of looking it up themselves. Not worth the money or time.

I don't think these mega stores are stupid, because that certainly would be the inference.

regards

the Champ

It's stealing. PERIOD.

The store's responsibility to accurately label their products has NOTHING to do with one's personal honesty and integrity.

If it profits a man nothing to gain the world but lose his soul, what do you think he'll get for an action figure?

• Like 3

Can't believe this moral conversation is still going on. Seriously who cares, in the end wrong is wrong and right is right. I am sure some of the guys coming down hard on this guy has done equally if not exceedingly wrong.

Right and wrong have a lot of gray areas. If not, this conversation would have been over on the other page. And having such gray areas often creates wrong. For instance, if I can justify that what I am doing does not hurt anyone then it is ok to do it. However, the very fact that you have to justify it means that their is something inside you telling you, you shouldn't do it. No one ever thinks themselves a villain and most of the major atrocities of history were committed by men and women who were convinced that there was a justly purpose behind what they were doing. As long as I'm not as bad as 'that guy', I'm ok. 'They' do worse things than me. Case in point: cheating Walmart is ok even though minor accidents like these might one day pile up and hurt the little guys that work there, but at least I'm not like Walmart and Matty who do terrible things to make money off of cheaply made figures.

• Like 1

Can't believe this moral conversation is still going on. Seriously who cares, in the end wrong is wrong and right is right. I am sure some of the guys coming down hard on this guy has done equally if not exceedingly wrong.

No one is really going hard on him. Just that he is justifying his actions for what he did.

• Like 3

Yes, now i see the light!

Telling a wrong price to a cashier is EXACTLY like someone beating up their wife.

THank you so much for clearing this up.

regards

The Champ

Actually, I don't really plan on buying this wave in the stores anyway. So I really don't care.

That isn't the point I was trying to make. My point is that he is trying to justify his actions to make himself feel better. Whatever he does is his own business, but what is the point to sugarcoat things?

• Like 2

No one is really going hard on him. Just that he is justifying his actions for what he did.

He was wrong but I just feel it isn't a big deal enough to warrant the bashing of him. Also his point about Walmart and Mattel/China was very true, people focus on his small situation and ignore bigger ones........its all wrong but if we are going to play high moral police on his single insignificant issue then would should be focusing on larger, blatant, issues that are morally wrong...just like the ones he mentioned!

• Like 1

Wow, this topic sure went way off course. You guys want to discuss this issue further please take this over to the general board, not really a DC issue other than the product bought. Otherwise let’s try and keep this topic open by only talking about wave 16, not the moral implications behind a certain posters purchase.

Nice Jahue! At WM or Target? My buddy still needs a Riddler and Azbats so lmk for he can keep an eye on certain stores!

Draven

In the past two days, I have seen this wave at three different Target's, so I would recommend looking there.

Nice Jahue! At WM or Target? My buddy still needs a Riddler and Azbats so lmk for he can keep an eye on certain stores!

Draven

I found them at Target but I was in TN visiting my brothers. I still have not seen them here AL. Does he want the CnC piece? Because I don't really want Azbats.

Also, does anybody know of any western guns that would work for Jonah? I hate the 6 shooter he came with besides every Cowboy needs to peacemakers to be legit

Well today I finally got my Riddler and I completed my Bane figure but when I put Bane together I knowest something with his hands. Is it me or dose his left hand look smaller then his right one or are they the same.

Bane2.jpg

Bane3.jpg

Bane4.jpg

Bane.jpg

I haven't found these yet, but if they don't ring up... I am not paying full price. I have heard so many horror stories with the QC on this wave, why would anyone pay $14.99 a piece.?

When the last Wal Mart Exclusive two packs came out (Supes/Parasite, GG/Hawk-Girl) they didn't ring up, so I told the cashier they were $6.99 a piece and paid for them.

Band.gif

so, if the QC is good on them, will you go back a pay them whatever you cheated them out of? if not, then it sounds like youre using QC as an excuse to pull one over.

Of course not, even if the Qc was perfect I would still get a lower price. Dc universe isn't worth $14.99 plus taxes. It's not me cheating them out of anything, it's Mattel and the distributors that are cheating you (Wal-Mart,TRU,and Target). K-mart sells DCUC for $11.99 but rarely every gets new stock. The other day at TRU I bought a Neca Bulletstorm Grayson Hunt figure for $13.99 and it has beter sculpting and paint apps on one inch of it's body than an entire dcuc figure, hell it's only missing like 3-4 points of articulation to be DCUC standard.

If Neca can make figures this high of quality for only $13.99 then why should Mattel charge $14.99 and in some cases $15-16.99, my target has DCUC at $15.79, yet all they have is Captain Cold and Big barda.

Me getting a figure for a figure a few dollars cheaper isn't cutting out of anyone's paycheck or endagering DCUC's life, so I don't see the problem. If my Wal-Mart stops getting DCUC I won't even care becuase it's had a Power girl, 2 Irons, Eclipso, and now Kamandi sitting there forever.

I never even see most DC universe waves becuase Mattel's distribution sucks, and I am foced to buy most of their figures online.

You can throw away your money to Matty, but I won't

2s6m4ue.jpg

Lol Did you make that Matty/Killing Joke art Rockzilla? That is kind of neat.

Spent my birthday week in Vegas and found most of the wave. Robin and Mercury at the Target, Robin was name your price, guess he wasn't in the system yet. Found Azrael, Riddler, and the Creeper at the nearby Walmart. Just need Jonah now.

I saw these at Target the other day, immediately picked up Riddler and Creeper, they're just plain awesome, left the rest, a day later I went back and got AZBats, still holding out on Robin, Hex and Mercury, I'll get'em eventually though.