DC Universe - Wave 16 carded

Superpowers1980

• 3 weeks later...

What state, that should help others out that still need them or a replacement like me! @loll@

Draven

Ditto I still need to get Riddler and I don't want to go on E-bay or any of the Internet shops to get it trying to save some money that's why I want to fine him at the stores. Where I don't have to pay for S/H.

I didn't want to start a new topic to show my update to my collection. I just got the left leg of Bane today and wanted to show what my second shelf looks like as of now. It dose have some wave 16 characters in it. So here is what my secon shelf looks like.

100_4804.jpg

Found Robin and picked it up for a friend that wants one.

He wouldn't ring up and I could hear the hesitation in my voice as I told the cashier it was $14.99. It was soooooooooo tempting to charge myself a FAIR price for these things. Especially considering that Robin came complete with trademark Mattel scuffy paint on his thigh. "Wow, you could have said anything", the cashier told me.

@band@

Found Robin and picked it up for a friend that wants one.

He wouldn't ring up and I could hear the hesitation in my voice as I told the cashier it was $14.99. It was soooooooooo tempting to charge myself a FAIR price for these things. Especially considering that Robin came complete with trademark Mattel scuffy paint on his thigh. "Wow, you could have said anything", the cashier told me.

@band@

Had the same situation this past weekend. I went to Walmart and found a Robin for a friend, it didn't ring up but I told them it was 14.97. The same friend went back the next day and found the other Robin and Hex, they didn't ring up and he told them they were 4.88 so they put in 4.88 so he got them both around 10 bucks.

@band@

• Like 1

I haven't found these yet, but if they don't ring up... I am not paying full price. I have heard so many horror stories with the QC on this wave, why would anyone pay $14.99 a piece.?

When the last Wal Mart Exclusive two packs came out (Supes/Parasite, GG/Hawk-Girl) they didn't ring up, so I told the cashier they were $6.99 a piece and paid for them.

Band.gif

• Like 2

I haven't found these yet, but if they don't ring up... I am not paying full price. I have heard so many horror stories with the QC on this wave, why would anyone pay $14.99 a piece.?

When the last Wal Mart Exclusive two packs came out (Supes/Parasite, GG/Hawk-Girl) they didn't ring up, so I told the cashier they were $6.99 a piece and paid for them.

Band.gif

AWESOME!!!

Band.gif

• Like 1

I work with kids and I often need to teach honesty and fairness. I figure, how can I then turn around and lie about the price of a toy? You all do what you want though.....my buddy will pay me back or I'll just return it if he doesn't want it. I'm good.

@msKnight@

• Like 2

I work with kids and I often need to teach honesty and fairness. I figure, how can I then turn around and lie about the price of a toy? You all do what you want though.....my buddy will pay me back or I'll just return it if he doesn't want it. I'm good.

@msKnight@

I agree, because Karma is a B!+(h. Things always find a way of coming back and biting you in the a$$. Now those Walmarts probably will stop carrying DCUC because of loss on the product that they ordered, and then there are less stores carrying the line. Don't complain when the next Walmart exclusive wave isn't at those particular Walmarts.

• Like 1

When to Wal-Mart today and they didn't have any wave 16 there all they had where 2 GL wave 1 and 2 Tyr,few Capt. Cold's Firestorm,Blue Beetle and the jungle guy don't know his name I know it starts with the letter K.

Band.gif

so, if the QC is good on them, will you go back a pay them whatever you cheated them out of? if not, then it sounds like youre using QC as an excuse to pull one over.

• Like 2

Band.gif

so, if the QC is good on them, will you go back a pay them whatever you cheated them out of? if not, then it sounds like youre using QC as an excuse to pull one over.

Of course not, even if the Qc was perfect I would still get a lower price. Dc universe isn't worth $14.99 plus taxes. It's not me cheating them out of anything, it's Mattel and the distributors that are cheating you (Wal-Mart,TRU,and Target). K-mart sells DCUC for $11.99 but rarely every gets new stock. The other day at TRU I bought a Neca Bulletstorm Grayson Hunt figure for $13.99 and it has beter sculpting and paint apps on one inch of it's body than an entire dcuc figure, hell it's only missing like 3-4 points of articulation to be DCUC standard.

If Neca can make figures this high of quality for only $13.99 then why should Mattel charge $14.99 and in some cases $15-16.99, my target has DCUC at $15.79, yet all they have is Captain Cold and Big barda.

Me getting a figure for a figure a few dollars cheaper isn't cutting out of anyone's paycheck or endagering DCUC's life, so I don't see the problem. If my Wal-Mart stops getting DCUC I won't even care becuase it's had a Power girl, 2 Irons, Eclipso, and now Kamandi sitting there forever.

I never even see most DC universe waves becuase Mattel's distribution sucks, and I am foced to buy most of their figures online.

You can throw away your money to Matty, but I won't

2s6m4ue.jpg

• Like 4

The really sad thing about your post is that you're so lost in self-delusion, you can't see the irony in stealing toys based on crime-fighters.

Paying for a Lower Price= Stealing ? I guess your not a fan of sales then.

I can't buy toys based on superheroes unless I just saved a cat from a tree and stopped a bank robbery?

Irony, yeah like superheroes would support giant corporations that exploit Chinese citizens (some children) for pure profit. I also buy toys based on evil-doers for less than what they are marketed for, is their irony in that? Or because they are evil I should just cut them out of the package, run from the store and then hit someone with my car?

• Like 4

If you know full well a toy is priced at $X and you take advanteage of a system glitch and tell an unsuspecting worker it's $X LESS, it's just dishonest. Whatever your justification.

If you don't like Matty and think they're evil, don't buy thier toys.

If you have a shelf full of DCUC with every character posed and ready for action, fine. Just don't turn around and hate on a company you freely give your money to.

@imissu@

• Like 4

No matter how you try to rationalize it, it's stealing, if you know that wasn't the price and you purposely withheld it to get it cheaper then you're stealing from the store. Of course the employee should've confirmed the price so he also made a mistake it just wasn't a dishonest one, I work at a store and this sort of thing could get an employee fired and it's sad in today's economy to lose one's job because someone thought he was smarter and cooler because he lied about a price to get something cheaper.

• Like 3

No matter how you try to rationalize it, it's stealing, if you know that wasn't the price and you purposely withheld it to get it cheaper then you're stealing from the store. Of course the employee should've confirmed the price so he also made a mistake it just wasn't a dishonest one, I work at a store and this sort of thing could get an employee fired and it's sad in today's economy to lose one's job because someone thought he was smarter and cooler because he lied about a price to get something cheaper.

I don't think it's stealing, per se. It's a bit dishonest if you know the actual price. I don't think it's the same as ripping it out of the package and running out the store.

I know from retail experience that if a figure is marked at x and it rings up cheaper at Y, then the store bites the difference and sells the figure at Y price. They do this because it is their mistake and they want to keep the customer happy.

If the figure doesn't ring up at all, then it's the stores responsability to find the price, and also keep the customer and line backed up till they do.

I'm sure there's a policy that covers this situation at places like walmart, and I think in the larger scheme of the store it's extremely minimal, so much that it's probably the reason why the cashier asks you "how much" instead of looking it up themselves. Not worth the money or time.

I don't think these mega stores are stupid, because that certainly would be the inference.

regards

the Champ

• Like 3