DC Universe - Wave 16 carded

Superpowers1980

I can't wait to get Robin,Riddler and Creeper. I already per-order for Robin at BBTS. So I know I will get him. The other two I will get at the stores to save on S&H. But I will have to get the legs and upper toso of Bane from e-bay. It's a little hard to see it but if you look on the back of the card you can see what character comes with what part of Bane. Robin comes with what looks like the head and lower toso of Bane,Riddler comes with the left arm,Creeper comes with the right arm,Az Bat comes with I think I saw the right leg, Hex comes with the upper toso and the other forgot his name comes with the left leg.

this is a great wave. jonah hex, riddler, robin (and yes i like him) azbats. not to forget bane on top of it. a great wave but in a way, i have a bane, riddler, robin. ok they look way better but i would have enjoyed this wave more with lets say a poison ivy, huntress, talia.

this is a great wave. jonah hex, riddler, robin (and yes i like him) azbats. not to forget bane on top of it. a great wave but in a way, i have a bane, riddler, robin. ok they look way better but i would have enjoyed this wave more with lets say a poison ivy, huntress, talia.

I can't stand the double joints! This is one of the reasons i stayed away from Marvel Legends for so long, it becomes too obvious and the figures end up looking like pinocchio. There is no real reason to go double jointed.. it breaks up the aestethic look of the figure that has been established for 15 waves. Also, the way they do it is completely wrong, They should follow the Super Powers model of hiding the joints, if you look at the knee joints on those figures, then you know what i'm talking about.

If they're going to do the double joints, i garuntee it will be used as an excuse to raise the price of the figures. The only one i'm getting from this wave will be The Riddler figure, maybe i'll try to piece together the Bane figure but not sure.

Does every figure really need to have their heels touch their butts?

regards

Joshua aka the Champ

• Like 3

I can't stand the double joints! This is one of the reasons i stayed away from Marvel Legends for so long, it becomes too obvious and the figures end up looking like pinocchio. There is no real reason to go double jointed.. it breaks up the aestethic look of the figure that has been established for 15 waves. Also, the way they do it is completely wrong, They should follow the Super Powers model of hiding the joints, if you look at the knee joints on those figures, then you know what i'm talking about.

If they're going to do the double joints, i garuntee it will be used as an excuse to raise the price of the figures. The only one i'm getting from this wave will be The Riddler figure, maybe i'll try to piece together the Bane figure but not sure.

regards

Joshua aka the Champ

I 100% agree. The design was good as is and the double jointed looks a mess on most. I saw a pic of Black Hand who for sure doesn't need a double joint and it makes his knee look ugly.

• Like 4

regards

Joshua aka the Champ

You at least need double joints for acrobatic characters. No DCUC Batman can even do a squatting pose like he would do looking down from a tall building.

• Like 1

You at least need double joints for acrobatic characters. No DCUC Batman can even do a squatting pose like he would do looking down from a tall building.

I don't know... Spiderman squats, wolverine squats maybe, Batman definately doesn't. THe classic poses is batman standing on a roof maybe with one foot resting on the ledge overlooking the city. Most DC characters take broad heroic poses. The only one i can think of would be robin and that's just about it. No need to change an entire toy line.

• Like 1

I don't know... Spiderman squats, wolverine squats maybe, Batman definately doesn't. THe classic poses is batman standing on a roof maybe with one foot resting on the ledge overlooking the city. Most DC characters take broad heroic poses. The only one i can think of would be robin and that's just about it. No need to change an entire toy line.

Maybe Batman wasn't a good example, but I still feel there is a place for double joints.

Maybe Batman wasn't a good example, but I still feel there is a place for double joints.

You gotta be kidding!!! Batman is one of the most "gymnastic" type characters in the DC Universe, and you want to deny him the double jointed articulation!!!??? really!?!? c´mon :-)

You gotta be kidding!!! Batman is one of the most "gymnastic" type characters in the DC Universe, and you want to deny him the double jointed articulation!!!??? really!?!? c´mon :-)

Hey, I just said maybe because Joshua didn't think Batman should crouch. My point still stands that double joints for some characters is needed at least. Me, I'd rather everyone be given double joints.

• Like 1

Hey, I just said maybe because Joshua didn't think Batman should crouch. My point still stands that double joints for some characters is needed at least. Me, I'd rather everyone be given double joints.

Well, I'm really not really looking for an argument here. Batman is not spiderman, he doesn't move like him or even pose similarly. Batman doesn't squat on his heels like spiderman does. The double joints in general significantly alter the look of the figure and in most cases draws unnecessary attention to all the poa's. I'd consider it if the joints were treated like Super Power knee joints, where i wouldn't have to look at holes and bolts in the sides of the figure's arms/legs.

DCU Classics are not Marvel Legends! These are going to end up looking like ML uber-reused rehashed and clunky Captain Marvel mold.

regards

• Like 1

Well, I'm really not really looking for an argument here. Batman is not spiderman, he doesn't move like him or even pose similarly. Batman doesn't squat on his heels like spiderman does.

http://ui27.gamespot.com/154/darkknight07_2.jpg

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/images//AUTOIMAGES/NC58010lg.jpg

http://quizilla.teennick.com/user_images/1034196505_resBatman1.jpg

http://www.toysnjoys.com/batman/batmanstatue.jpg

http://www.google.ca/images?hl=en&safe=off&biw=1920&bih=1067&gbv=2&tbs=isch:1&sa=1&q=batman+on+rooftop&aq=0&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=Batman+on+rooft&gs_rfai=

I dunno, looks to me like the squatting/crouching pose is fairly common and a somewhat iconic look for the character.

• Like 2

Well, I'm really not really looking for an argument here. Batman is not spiderman, he doesn't move like him or even pose similarly. Batman doesn't squat on his heels like spiderman does.

http://ui27.gamespot.com/154/darkknight07_2.jpg

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/images//AUTOIMAGES/NC58010lg.jpg

http://quizilla.teennick.com/user_images/1034196505_resBatman1.jpg

http://www.toysnjoys.com/batman/batmanstatue.jpg

http://www.google.ca/images?hl=en&safe=off&biw=1920&bih=1067&gbv=2&tbs=isch:1&sa=1&q=batman+on+rooftop&aq=0&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=Batman+on+rooft&gs_rfai=

I dunno, looks to me like the squatting/crouching pose is fairly common and a somewhat iconic look for the character.

not to the same extent.

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/ultimate-x-men/36-7.jpg

but more articulation is almost always a plus for me.

I can see making a single purpose Batman with heightened articulation but having a whole line designed like that is terrible, I have seen pics and the double joint doesn't look good on all figures. So far we have Blue Beetle and he has double joints which work but looking at some of the others and its apparent that its ugly and doesn't work for most. It makes the figures look unnatural and silly.

Here is my take on the Wave 16

The new cards look amazing, I think the update looks nice however I am not to thriller about the larger box, cause that means more space taken up.

Robin, oh robin. Fans complained about the kid bodies which were fine, now we have the problem of a muscle bound Robin. The overall sculpt and design is fine but the big arms and the larger body is a thing for me. I do like the one swinging pose in the one packaging.

AZ Bats never looked better, he is a true standout and the 4H did a wonderful job.

The Creeper looks good too, I hope he isn't too tall though, the deadman body can be too tall but is an overall perfect design. I do like his hands, his hands are new and look really good.

J Hex looks brilliant, he will go down as the standard figure for the character

Mercury looks great too, he doesn't look to tall and hopefully he isn't.

The Riddler is great and annoying. He needs the slim body. He would of been great using the same body as Mercury, fans didn't complain and we have a Riddler built like Batman.

Bane, looks great. Someone here pointed out his weird shirt but I totally missed it. I just hope he isn't too tall like Grundy. That is the thing, Mattel won't make larger scale figs past 12 inches yet they will oversize certain characters like Kilowog, Grundy, etc.

Is it me or did they NOT fix scallops/fins on AzBats' gloves? dammit i don't want a lame ass excuse from Mattel as to why this wasn't fixed since they were told about this problem during SDCC. if memory serves, they blamed it on someone in their crew setting it up incorrectly. I don't feel like waiting for a corrected figure when we should have gotten a proper one in the first place.

I can see making a single purpose Batman with heightened articulation but having a whole line designed like that is terrible, I have seen pics and the double joint doesn't look good on all figures. So far we have Blue Beetle and he has double joints which work but looking at some of the others and its apparent that its ugly and doesn't work for most. It makes the figures look unnatural and silly.

Here is my take on the Wave 16

The new cards look amazing, I think the update looks nice however I am not to thriller about the larger box, cause that means more space taken up.

Robin, oh robin. Fans complained about the kid bodies which were fine, now we have the problem of a muscle bound Robin. The overall sculpt and design is fine but the big arms and the larger body is a thing for me. I do like the one swinging pose in the one packaging.

AZ Bats never looked better, he is a true standout and the 4H did a wonderful job.

The Creeper looks good too, I hope he isn't too tall though, the deadman body can be too tall but is an overall perfect design. I do like his hands, his hands are new and look really good.

J Hex looks brilliant, he will go down as the standard figure for the character

Mercury looks great too, he doesn't look to tall and hopefully he isn't.

The Riddler is great and annoying. He needs the slim body. He would of been great using the same body as Mercury, fans didn't complain and we have a Riddler built like Batman.

Bane, looks great. Someone here pointed out his weird shirt but I totally missed it. I just hope he isn't too tall like Grundy. That is the thing, Mattel won't make larger scale figs past 12 inches yet they will oversize certain characters like Kilowog, Grundy, etc.

Any clue how big Robin is next to Batman? Say - is the same height as the trigon wave Superboy? Or bigger?