Toy License For the Hobbit

Forcehunter

You do realize they were supposed to be in this part until they further split the story into three films right? And there's this thing called lead time that toy companies deal with in regards to getting product designed, produced & delivered.

That being said, all the dwarves, some goblins, orcs, a warg, the Goblin King & definitely Radagast the Brown w/rabbit power sled in 6 inch, thankyouverymuch.

You do realize they were supposed to be in this part until they further split the story into three films right? And there's this thing called lead time that toy companies deal with in regards to getting product designed, produced & delivered.

Poor filmmaking is one thing, but with the toy industry, they could have at least sat on these figures til later...right, GI JOE Retaliation?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still trying to figure out if they dropped the ball on this line or not. Releasing so few characters, at so slow a pace is not helping this line. The fact that only Kmart and TRU have been carrying the line doesn't help. I'm really surprised that Target passed on the line (atleast for now) since they seem to take chances with a lot of lines that no one else will carry.

i dont know. i believe they just went slow on things because they just started out with a real action figure line. things arent really great out there with so manny lines to compete. i can understand from a buisness point of view that they didnt wanted to risk the company on one license. i can tell that my little comic shop is the only one around 100miles who actually has them and they dont sell well. maybe they also have a 3 year plan. lets not forget that most characters are in the 3 movies. so by the end we may get more. toybiz even went on with a lot of waves once the lot movies were done. i hope for a lot more this year because i do hear that from other parts on this planet, they sell pretty well.

aside from dropping the ball on the figures, it doesnt help that the movie kinda sucks...I mean, pretty much savaged by critics and forgotten by Christmas.

Im only looking forward to the next movies so I can get them and attempt to re-edit them into a proper, cohesive version of "The Hobbit"

aside from dropping the ball on the figures, it doesnt help that the movie kinda sucks...I mean, pretty much savaged by critics and forgotten by Christmas.

Im only looking forward to the next movies so I can get them and attempt to re-edit them into a proper, cohesive version of "The Hobbit"

I wouldn't say the movie sucked or that it was forgotten by Christmas, but to each their own. I think the biggest problem it that it was set up to be two movies and the studio agreed at the last minute to make it three, so it has to be re-editted. I enjoyed it and can't wait to see the next one.

Actually I've seen the figures at Walmart and Target, at least here in SoCal. They are cheaper there than TRU.

Where in Southern California are you?

I've seen the figures at TRU and specialty stores like FYE and Suncoast, but I've yet to see one at Walmart or Target in SoCal. Do you remember what the price point was for the figures?

Actually I've seen the figures at Walmart and Target, at least here in SoCal. They are cheaper there than TRU.

I've seen the figures at TRU and specialty stores like FYE and Suncoast, but I've yet to see one at Walmart or Target in SoCal. Do you remember what the price point was for the figures?

Hi, Smeagol4Prez. Remember moi? Probably not. Oh, well. :)

I've seen Hobbit stuff at Toys 'R' Us, Books-A-Million and K-Mart here. K-Mart of all places had the most impressive display and quantity I cleaned 'em out of Grinnahs. I'd actually pre-ordered everything from BBTS, though. I've never seen the Goblin King nor the Gandalf/Bolg 2-pack in a store.

It doesn't seem to be selling well locally. Especially @ TRU. I think I'm the only person who's bought anything of what they received. :/

Hi, Smeagol4Prez. Remember moi? Probably not. Oh, well. :)

I've seen Hobbit stuff at Toys 'R' Us, Books-A-Million and K-Mart here. K-Mart of all places had the most impressive display and quantity I cleaned 'em out of Grinnahs. I'd actually pre-ordered everything from BBTS, though. I've never seen the Goblin King nor the Gandalf/Bolg 2-pack in a store.

It doesn't seem to be selling well locally. Especially @ TRU. I think I'm the only person who's bought anything of what they received. :/

I do remember you :) .. It's really good to hear from old acquaintances.

Around this area the pegs are usually about 3/4 full, which means there's little interest in the line or the store is going a good job of replenishing stock. Let's hope it's the second.. or else we'll see an even smaller supply come for Desolation of Smaug because retailers are weary about stocking inventory that didn't sell well in the past.

the 6 inch line is in need of dwarfs :-( azog is awesome though. 3 3/4 really gets the love for this line.

AGREED. The Dwarves are far more important to the story and my toy shelf than Orcs. Looking forward to Radagast...was afraid I might have to cannibal customize a Doctor Who figure...whew!

*still crossing fingers for a 6in Beorn*

the 6 inch line is in need of dwarfs :-( azog is awesome though. 3 3/4 really gets the love for this line.

AGREED. The Dwarves are far more important to the story and my toy shelf than Orcs. Looking forward to Radagast...was afraid I might have to cannibal customize a Doctor Who figure...whew!

*still crossing fingers for a 6in Beorn*

i hope they still include the one or the other for wave 2. toyfair isnt far away. lets hope. one dwarf a wave isnt to much to ask. the 3 3/4 line gets them all by the end of the year :-(