Toys R Us - Green Lantern vs Sinestro 2 pack

Superpowers1980

packaging is what makes it worth buying .... That & the multicolored lantern & pose of the figures in side & all the wicked constructs (mattel knows they have a $$$$ maker here with these things ... damn it ... ) .... This thing is pure WIN! The saw is so going to Guy :)

nice package. realy well done. i cant wait to have it. the only thing that makes me a little mehh is yet another hal jordan. did he ever get cloned? because he can be army build as of now. a new head sculpt would have been great for a change. i guess i have 5 jordans now. do i realy need another one? ok he has the classic costume in metallic, nice touche.

2 things:

1. Hal's costume looks like the classic costume done-up in metallic paint: SWEET!!!

2. Sinestro looks like the standard buck, instead of the skinny, elongated "Deadman" buck from earlier photos. Doesn't really bother me, but it will some.

...Overall, it looks worth buying!

nice package. realy well done. i cant wait to have it. the only thing that makes me a little mehh is yet another hal jordan. did he ever get cloned? because he can be army build as of now. a new head sculpt would have been great for a change. i guess i have 5 jordans now. do i realy need another one? ok he has the classic costume in metallic, nice touche.

I agree, I have tons of Hal's now.

I like the skinny body used on Sinestro, the below figure looks comic accurate instead of a bulked up Sinestro which looks and would be foolish.

Sinestro-300x400.jpg

I like the skinny body used on Sinestro, the below figure looks comic accurate instead of a bulked up Sinestro which looks and would be foolish.

Sinestro-300x400.jpg

is this the body they used for the 1st DCU release of Sinestro (Solomon Grundy Wave I believe)????

Sinestro-300x400.jpg

is this the body they used for the 1st DCU release of Sinestro (Solomon Grundy Wave I believe)????

Nope, look how tall and slender he is. The original was short and kind of squat.

when i originally heard about this 2 pack, i figured it would be an easy pass for me since i have both characters and don't need yet another Hal. BUT, with the constructs this is a MUST HAVE. I have no use for another GL, but I can find space for another Sinestro and those constructs are awesome.

If I recall this is the sinestro that mattel was braging about how they finally got him done right

here's hoping they do a variant of this 2 pack with a yellow suit version of this sinestro and maybe a blue / green version of hal. that'd be cool.

Can i ask why Sinestro wore a black and blue costume when he was a yellow lantern?

I dont know much about the comics, so yeah...

Mattel didn't learn anything. The Supermen and Batmen were the reason that killed the Batman6" and DC Superheroes. Now they are doing it with Green Lantern.

I don't believe this is the same thing. We never got a Batman that people felt was too short, and we're also getting seven accessories for the set.

Mattel didn't learn anything. The Supermen and Batmen were the reason that killed the Batman6" and DC Superheroes. Now they are doing it with Green Lantern.

However, you can go out to any of the brick and mortar stores and find a whole plethora of characters (if you can find any stocked shelves)not just GL. And, for that matter, there are multiple GLs out there who are different characters. Not always just Hal over and over again. Plus, so many people clamored for the early big characters in DCUC because they never found them. Hal and Sinestro being two of the very hard to find characters.

Plus, with the GL movie coming out - why not have some over exposure with Hal?

That isn't what killed DCSH. It was poor distribution. None of those figs peg warmed. In fact, I don't see DCUC Batman or Superman sit for very long. Even the TRU Batman is gone from shelves in my area (and my former area). Hell, I can find tons of Skeletor/Lex 2 packs, but no Heman/Superman 2 packs.

GL on the other hand...I tend to agree that it's too much GL at once.

hal had so manny costumes lately why not do a yellow one or a blue one he also had orange and white. i dont get why they didnt do a yellow version of sinestro either. well maybe sinestro will be in the so rumored third wave of green lantern classics. who knows. rumor goes that mattel does a best of wave with wave 3. maybe they repaint them in other colors because i dont wanna buy another green hal after this one.

I am actually really underwhelmed by the constructs mainly because they are not really constructs they are just accessories from other figures molded in green and yellow plastic. They don't come from the ring and they look crappy. I just want a Sinestro corps corrected sinestro any way so this pack is now a big pass for me

hal had so manny costumes lately why not do a yellow one or a blue one he also had orange and white. i dont get why they didnt do a yellow version of sinestro either. well maybe sinestro will be in the so rumored third wave of green lantern classics. who knows. rumor goes that mattel does a best of wave with wave 3. maybe they repaint them in other colors because i dont wanna buy another green hal after this one.

Based on the packaging, they are recreating the iconic pose and rivalry of hal vs sinestro.

GLfaceoff.jpg

I am actually really underwhelmed by the constructs mainly because they are not really constructs they are just accessories from other figures molded in green and yellow plastic. They don't come from the ring and they look crappy. I just want a Sinestro corps corrected sinestro any way so this pack is now a big pass for me

i love em. EXCEPT ONE. It makes no sense for the wrench to be in yellow. Yellow is about power, destruction, fear and a wrench is used to fix things. The wrench should have been green. Make the ball and chain yellow.

• 2 weeks later...