Sign in to follow this  
Wheeljack35

Young Justice Discussion Thread

I noticed in other eps that Wally seemed alittle slow for a "Flash" now to see him with Barry and Bart he is a little slower than them. Is it because he doesn't have the 'SpeedForce" yet or something? I'm not familiar with all the intricacies of the SpeedForce. I liked how they displayed the flashes other powers other than him going fast. I love The Flash Family.

Its probably that, or because the writers probably decided to write him that way in the episode. From my understanding in the comics, Wally is actually the fastest of all the speedsters. I was actually surprised myself in how they portrayed him in this episode, as falling behind the other speedsters. But the writers did kind of make up for it, when he was fast enough to move Barry and Impulse out of the way at the last minute before the explosion.

I'm guessing this is suppose to take place before the whole Speed Force thing. It was stated that before that happened,Wally could only go at sub-light speed.

Yea man, that's probably it.

I have to say today's episode was great. I love how they had Aqualad go "Donnie Brasco", within Black Manta's organization. I'm also happy that Richard got to bang Zatanna, from what was implied. I'm sure that this secrecy among Wally, Rich, Artemis, and Kaldur will probably spark some serious beef with the rest of the team once it gets out. Those are most likely the routes for upcoming episodes.

• Like 1

This is probably one of, or if not the best cartoon series i have ever watched and I'm not even a huge DC fan, i'm a Marvel guy. I didn't think i would LOVE this series as much at the beginning knowing it would just be a bunch of Teen Titans i didn't care about. But man, i pray and hope they keep having more seasons after this. They better, it needs a lifespan so it can become the greatest show of all time. Big props to all the writers and producers of this show!! This is the type of show fans want to see.

Cartoon Network scares me they only like to have new shows for about threes seasons with a few exceptions like Clone Wars and Ben 10

It seems so simple: use characters fans love, create some drama to make them interesting, have them fight supervillains, and follow a continuity episode to episode so those same fans get attached (in a good way).

It's an outstanding show, and even though it's fairly "young" in terms of how long it's been on, it really could turn into one of the all-time greats.

And yet the best Marvel Show, The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, is seemingly getting canned after following the same formula and putting out a really great show because the guy in charge is an apparent dope.

Loeb is an idiot and wants the cartoons to appeal to small children. That's what Super Hero Squad is for or Batman Brave and Bold. I'm fine with those shows, but don't make a goofy show like Ultimate Spiderman. He's going to turn Avengers Assemble like that and I wont watch or support that.

He needs to be fired! Hire the guy who made this show to be in charge of all marvel animation. He did a great job with this and Spectacular Spiderman.

Look at the horrible decisions Loeb has made so far. He's out of touch of what real fans want, he dosent listen to the fans for does he care.

• Like 1

What network is that Avengers cartoon on?

It is on Disney XD, a sister channel to the Disney Channel. They are currently airing reruns of Avengers season 2 every Sunday morning, right after the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon. You should be able to find it if you have basic cable or digital cable.

Oh ok I know Disney XD it airs Gargoyles

This is probably one of, or if not the best cartoon series i have ever watched and I'm not even a huge DC fan, i'm a Marvel guy. I didn't think i would LOVE this series as much at the beginning knowing it would just be a bunch of Teen Titans i didn't care about. But man, i pray and hope they keep having more seasons after this. They better, it needs a lifespan so it can become the greatest show of all time. Big props to all the writers and producers of this show!! This is the type of show fans want to see.

Cartoon Network scares me they only like to have new shows for about threes seasons with a few exceptions like Clone Wars and Ben 10

It seems so simple: use characters fans love, create some drama to make them interesting, have them fight supervillains, and follow a continuity episode to episode so those same fans get attached (in a good way).

It's an outstanding show, and even though it's fairly "young" in terms of how long it's been on, it really could turn into one of the all-time greats.

And yet the best Marvel Show, The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, is seemingly getting canned after following the same formula and putting out a really great show because the guy in charge is an apparent dope.

Loeb is an idiot and wants the cartoons to appeal to small children. That's what Super Hero Squad is for or Batman Brave and Bold. I'm fine with those shows, but don't make a goofy show like Ultimate Spiderman. He's going to turn Avengers Assemble like that and I wont watch or support that.

He needs to be fired! Hire the guy who made this show to be in charge of all marvel animation. He did a great job with this and Spectacular Spiderman.

Look at the horrible decisions Loeb has made so far. He's out of touch of what real fans want, he dosent listen to the fans for does he care.

Cartoons for children!?! My God thats sick! What is the world coming to when a child can turn on TV and find clean, wholesome, entertaining programming.

• Like 1

Wow when I thought Artemis died I was like NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Then the heart to heart Ms.M and Superboy had in the ship got to me I was like WHOA! Too real I could totally relate and I felt the emotion between the two. An amazing scene! I almost cried when Ms.M started crying it was a very powerful scene especially if you've ever cared for someone and had to part ways for one reason or another....

Cartoons for children!?! My God thats sick! What is the world coming to when a child can turn on TV and find clean, wholesome, entertaining programming.

Guess what? You can make an exciting cartoon for all ages, they've done this before with Spectacular Spider-Man, the current Avengers show, etc. Do you think i am the only one here that hates the direction of Ultimate or the next Avengers toon. A lot of fans are upset! No need to be a wise ass. I'm fine with cartoons being strictly for kids, but that's what Super Hero Squad is for and Batman Brave and Bold. No need to make all the show like that. Show's like the 90's X-Men, Spider-man etc. You can still make great shows like that and be successful and guess what? Kids love those shows too!! I don't like the direction they are going with Ultimate and the New Avengers, many of us don't as you see here and almost everywhere.

• Like 1

Guess what? You can make an exciting cartoon for all ages, they've done this before with Spectacular Spider-Man, the current Avengers show, etc. Do you think i am the only one here that hates the direction of Ultimate or the next Avengers toon. A lot of fans are upset! No need to be a wise ass. I'm fine with cartoons being strictly for kids, but that's what Super Hero Squad is for and Batman Brave and Bold. No need to make all the show like that. Show's like the 90's X-Men, Spider-man etc. You can still make great shows like that and be successful and guess what? Kids love those shows too!! I don't like the direction they are going with Ultimate and the New Avengers, many of us don't as you see here and almost everywhere.

You don't have to sell me on the fact that most of today's toons are garbage. But if they bother you so much, don't watch! Or is that to wise, ass.

You don't have to sell me on the fact that most of today's toons are garbage. But if they bother you so much, don't watch! Or is that to wise, ass.

Your comment was a wise ass comment, unnecessary, and you took what i said out of context. Just so you know, i'm not watching Ultimate nor am i going to watch the next Avengers show. Also i don't think all todays cartoons are garbage, and i'm not against cartoons for kids, cartoons are for kids, but they are also for adults. What a lot of us have been venting about is having these up coming Marvel shows "JUST FOR KIDS" when they can be so much more than that as the examples I gave with Spectacular Spider-Man, 90's X-Men, Current Avengers, etc...shows that weren't over the top but appealed to all ages and they WORKED. I'm all for doing a good show in general. As a fan, I am allowed to critique a show also as a fan I can also have a strong opinion on a creative direction of all of their shows. That's what i'm doing, that's what a lot of people have been doing over on the Marvel front. Because they have great characters, they have done great shows in the past, and I want them to continue to do so, and I want to watch and support their product, but now i can't because of the new creative direction which has been bad, so that has us all bummed! I do love this Young Justice show, i think it can be one of the best shows of all time if it has longevity.

I have an idea quit it with the "Wise Ass' remarks

What we need back are toons like Pinky and the Brain and Animainiacs for kids I have no idea of why there aren't repeated on TV

I grew up watch Hannh Barbera toons like Magilla Gorilla ,The flintstones,and others and they still can be good for kids

I wish the stations would bring these back for the afternoons for kidw I don't give a crap about Cartoon Network they aren't that great if you noticed lately they do show live action and have shunned any good toons.I hate that the networks give excuses for not airing them is because of CN not they want to bore us to death with Judge Judy

I don't mind if they do shows for younger kids. What I myself am against is the cancelling of shows just so they can do another series.

I've been going around visiting a lot of sites and fans are outraged everywhere. I've never seen it this bad. People are still upset with the cancelation of Wolverine and the X-Men, Spectacular Spider-Man, and Avengers EMH.

In short the reason their mad is because Ultimate Spiderman is bad, where the show previous was SPECTACULAR. Now the same thing happening with the Avengers, fans are letting Marvel know.

Spectacular Spider-Man was outstanding, too. Such a well-done show with so much potential that they decided to kill for no apparent reason. Now it's going to happen to The Avengers. Ridiculous.

Anybody need Walmart Gordon's!

I was curious about something.I was wondering if the League knows about Mastian Manhunter's true form?This morning I was watching an episode of Young Justice which Ms Martian is controled by Queen Bee and a tellapath named Simon.She transforms into a huge alein.Which I think is her true form.I was very curious.

I was curious about something.I was wondering if the League knows about Mastian Manhunter's true form?This morning I was watching an episode of Young Justice which Ms Martian is controled by Queen Bee and a tellapath named Simon.She transforms into a huge alein.Which I think is her true form.I was very curious.

LOl we talked about this a few months ago earlier in this thread

She is a white Martian and I think later they do find out if I remember it right

Ok,so that episode has been shown before.Sense CN moved young Justice to Saturdays I am lost.

You can't see it every saturday?

Man i hope they start releasing these on blu ray. I still haven't bought anything yet because i want a proper dvd season set release. I know they did volumes on the first 3 sets but now they are somewhat doing it right. I'm waiting to see if they'll do a blu-ray in a complete season 1, season 2 etc.

I thought the season premiere had too much going on...the Fallen Hero thing...the thing with Roy...Superboys Birthday...the bridal shower. I didnt like Mercy having a robot arm...I think Lex is being played a bit over the top instead of being the sinister businessman...I miss Clancy Browns Lex. The show needs to be more focused. But its still good to have a serious DC show on the air instead of that horrible Batman the Brave and the Bold crap. However, I think GL's season opener was better.

I think Lex is being played a bit over the top instead of being the sinister businessman...I miss Clancy Browns Lex.

Funny, I didn't get that vibe at all. As a matter of fact, if "sinister businessman" is your preferred flavor (I prefer Lex as the classic super-villain), I think he's played a lot better on YJ. Lex's role as a master-manipulator comes across way better here than in the DCAU shows. Don't get me wrong, Clancy is great, but the guy doing Lex now really knows how to sell himself as a machiavellian plotter.

I will admit I thought the whole wedding shower thing did feel a bit "tacked on," though.

i love that they showed tribute to ted, aqua girl and jason todd today!!!!!

Ok.. So that was Jason Todd

I miss Clancy Brown also but is funny how hw is another character in the show