Sign in to follow this  
Wheeljack35

Young Justice Discussion Thread

Okay, I jumped the gun. I can admit when I'm wrong. Rocket was not Cree Summer (Thank YOU!). But even if she had been, this episode still would've kicked Jurassic Park sized @$$!

The team finally airing their dirty laundry, the Triple Red Herring (nice touch guys), and of course the freshly Starroed League. It's gonna be a long wait till next week.

Nah to me the best one was when the adults and the kids were separated between universes and only Shazam/Billy Batson could be in both

Otherwise we finally found out who the mole was and the secrets have been revealed to the others

Ok I saw today's episode and I thought it was great. All those "moles" at the Luthor "drug-spot" for Superboy's fix, made one think that there was more that one mole. But I liked the twist with Harper at the end. I like how it ended, and how its going to get really crazy now and into the next season. My only complaint was the character of Rocket, I found her voice extremely annoying...she was given the stereotypical "sassy sister" voice... I never understood why whenever shows have minority characters (both live action or animated) most times than not, they always give them stereotypical traits of whatever ethnic group, the characters are representing.

Like with Rocket, shes an American black female character, but why did they feel the need to give her a "sassy sister" tone of voice? Its like "yes I get it, Rocket is a black female", why the need to emphasize on the character's ethnic group so much, especially through stereotypes?? Its the same thing with Hispanic/Latino characters, they are always given a heavy accent and then speak in Spanglish, throwing in the occasional Spanish word.. Its almost like the "powers that be" believe that the viewer will some how forget the character's ethnic group, if they don't have characters doing this kind of stuff... But I don't understand why "the powers that be" feel the need to do this kind of crap... But whatever its their shows not mine, they have the right to do whatever they want with their own shows.

I don't know much of the origin of the Rocket character, and don't know if shes supposed to sound like that, due to how her personality might be described in the comic books... But anyway I really hope that Rocket is not a regular on the show now, cause I find her voice really annoying... Her voice makes me want to grab Rocket by her neck, and squeeze it until her head pops...

• Like 1

What are Rockets powers I never heard of her till tonight

Well annoying the hell out of me, seems to be her biggest one...haha

:P

Rocket and Icon are from another comic book universe that got merged with DC Rocket control force fields kinda like the Invisible woman she can fly also. Icon has Superman level Strength and Invulnerability. He can fly also and may be stronger than Supes. Supes thought he may be a fellow kryptonian for a while but was never confirmed in the comics tho. He and rocket may have more powers I'm not sure of at this time.

Rocket and Icon are from another comic book universe that got merged with DC Rocket control force fields kinda like the Invisible woman she can fly also. Icon has Superman level Strength and Invulnerability. He can fly also and may be stronger than Supes. Supes thought he may be a fellow kryptonian for a while but was never confirmed in the comics tho. He and rocket may have more powers I'm not sure of at this time.

Kind of like they did with Static

I'm not sure where Static originated first but in the comics Rocket was a hero first and she had to convince Icon to use his Powers to help people because he didn't really want to be in the spotlight or be noticed really he just wanted to live a normal life so to speak. In the DC verse once he started using his powers to help people he got the notice of the league because he was so powerful.

I'm not sure where Static originated first but in the comics Rocket was a hero first and she had to convince Icon to use his Powers to help people because he didn't really want to be in the spotlight or be noticed really he just wanted to live a normal life so to speak. In the DC verse once he started using his powers to help people he got the notice of the league because he was so powerful.

I found this on google...

Static An original character from Milestone Comics, which was distributed and promoted by DC Comics but not originally owned or developed by them

The Milestone Universe took place in the mutliverse of DC Comics. They even team-up with the the Superman Family.

Milestone Media is an independent licensing company, founded

in the early 1990s. Milestone's comic titles were published by DC Comics.

The Milestone universe featured a large and diverse cast of characters that

reflected the real world in ways many comic companies had never done. Mostly

centered around the fictional mid-west, working class city of Dakota, many

the "Dakotaverse" characters' origins were connected to "The Big Bang".

Static, Icon, and Rocket are from this universe. When DC expanded the universe they added the Milestone character into the proper DC landscape along with the Red Circle Mighty Crusaders. Then DC decided to mess things up and start over with the DCnU. At one point in time Icon and Hardware were to be members of the JLA but the fans rovolted and that never happened.

did anyone catch that in episode 23 the secret entrance to the base was the doctor whos tardis ?

did anyone catch that in episode 23 the secret entrance to the base was the doctor whos tardis ?

Yeah I seen that and caught it as soon as it was shown

Haha sorry I couldn't help myself. I definitely may be in the minority here, but I prefer women that sport their vaginas as "grown women", the way that God intended it. I was never able to adapt to the shaved kind, (which I call the "Pedo-pie"), because it resembles a prepubescent young girl... But anyway Wonder Woman would probably have a natural, since shes an amazon...haha.

There aren't many men who think like this anymore. Culture, fashion and the overwhelming availibility in dirty movies has changed this. I agree I with you 100%, it amazes me how a pedo-perversion turned into modern mainstream culture.

He's a real character. He's the Black Spider,he's a Batman Villain.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Black_Spider

Yes, because he is black he is called the black spider and you have to love those 1970's origins for black characters, fatherless, crime, drugs,...........ughhhh

I understand where Grayson is coming from, I found Rocket to be written as very sterotypical and annoying. I do want her on the show but think they should tone down her personality, which is in stark contrast to Icon. I must admit seeing Icon really blows me away, I look forward to seeing him every week, can't wait to see him in some serious action. Also that League is amazing with heavy hitters - Superman, Wonder Woman, Icon, Captain Marvel, 2 Green Lanterns, and Dr Fate.........then you add in all the rest and you just go whew.

It is really nice to see some many people here that love the show, it really is good probably the best cartoon around right now, with TC really close behind it.

Nothing really pops about todays preview. Of course, with last weeks ending, who needs a teaser. I've been waiting for this all week.

Oh yeah, Dinah's back. that's always a plus in my book.

I don't remember Gargoyles being dark..It's Disney for crying out loud

They repeat it on Disney each morning at 4am for those who want to see it

Don't let the mouse fool you, I've seen Disney go pretty "F"ing dark. As for Gargoyles, lets just say pound for pound, it was Gargoyles then Batman: The Animated Series back in the day.

That's why I was so stoked to see Weisman attached to Young Justice.

I'll say it again I don't remember Gargoyles being dark..I have seen them recently

Gargoyles isn't dark, but the storyline is along the lines of the old Batman TAS. The only thing I remember being dark is the "Afterschool special" episode where the Hudson?(the fat one) shot the detective chick because he was playing with her gun as a toy. I think that was the first time in a while that they showed blood in a kid's cartoon. Then again, it was an "Afterschool special" ep.

I don't remember Gargoyles being dark..It's Disney for crying out loud

They repeat it on Disney each morning at 4am for those who want to see it

Don't let the mouse fool you, I've seen Disney go pretty "F"ing dark. As for Gargoyles, lets just say pound for pound, it was Gargoyles then Batman: The Animated Series back in the day.

That's why I was so stoked to see Weisman attached to Young Justice.

I'll say it again I don't remember Gargoyles being dark..I have seen them recently

Gargoyles isn't dark, but the storyline is along the lines of the old Batman TAS. The only thing I remember being dark is the "Afterschool special" episode where the Hudson?(the fat one) shot the detective chick because he was playing with her gun as a toy. I think that was the first time in a while that they showed blood in a kid's cartoon. Then again, it was an "Afterschool special" ep.

Your close it was Broadway ,Hudson was the old one and the cop was Elisa Maza

SPOILER! So don't read this if you don't want to be spoiled! :) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->>>>>

Red Arrow is the mole and actually he's being manipulated by the light to cause mistrust among the team that's why he keeps picking on Artemis. Also Red Arrow isn't actually himself the Roy that is currently on the team is a clone! The real Roy is catured and injured at Cadmus he has also lost an arm so he's in pretty bad shape. That piece of Starro that Sportsmaster stold and when Brain, Ivo, and the rest were working on it. The light and Vandal are gonna use it to take over the Justice League and they already have a piece of it controling the Roy clone.

WOW! This guy was spot on! Tell me something ToySniper, did you come across this info online or do you have some inside information? I love spoilers and I hardly ever come across one for this show. Now, regarding yesterday's episode. I thought it was great but I was surprised to see the Justice League out of Savage's control in just 2 episodes. I thought that was going to be an on going plot for a while. Furthermore, they really showed Batman's abilities in this episode. Guy was nearly untouchable!

Furthermore, they really showed Batman's abilities in this episode. Guy was nearly untouchable!

Technically, that was Klarion running a Batman meat-puppet. What impressed me was the Team itself. They broke into the League's super-secret members only headquarters and handed the League their collective butts. Now that the League was being mind-controlled (and thus not fighting at their peak) dosen't really matter. The sheer power levels in play made up for that real quick (a half-@$$ed Superman is still Superman). I wonder if the League still thinks Kaulder and company aren't ready?

2305158-lobo_large.png<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: Arial, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; "><br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: Arial, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">2307541-wonder_girl_large.png<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: Arial, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; "><br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: Arial, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">2307438-yj_large.png<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: Arial, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; "><br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: Arial, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">2307387-bb_large.png<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: Arial, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; "><br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: Arial, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">