Sign in to follow this  
Wheeljack35

Young Justice Discussion Thread

"Another thing, I don't agree with Wonder Woman's "lie of omission" point of view...where she believed that if one withholds information, then that means that they are a lying... Not everything about someone should be known out in the open... For instance I don't think that Wonder Woman would have answered the Batman or anyone else, if Bats had asked her "Diana do you shave between your legs, or do just sport a natural full-frontal bush instead?..."

So does that make her a liar because she were to decline to answer such a question, and doesn't let the world know out right, that she has a black lion's mane between her legs, that probably runs up into the inside of her butt?... I don't think so...." LMAO - now that is quite a mental image ....very interesting.....

Haha sorry I couldn't help myself. I definitely may be in the minority here, but I prefer women that sport their vaginas as "grown women", the way that God intended it. I was never able to adapt to the shaved kind, (which I call the "Pedo-pie"), because it resembles a prepubescent young girl... But anyway Wonder Woman would probably have a natural, since shes an amazon...haha.

I do sort of agree on Guy in so far as he has a certain appeal as a character, although I'm still a Hal and John fan. Did anybody else notice that while they were talking about Guy it was said that "Earth has 3 green Lanterns"? Now perhaps I misheard and they meant "Earth has 3 other GLs", but that is not what I heard. So what about Kyle Rayner? Not that I'm a huge fan or anything, but he is the 4th Earth GL. Is he still part of the "new DC"?

I must admit I didn't think i would like this show that much, but I'm liking it more and more every day. I like the relatively "adult" story-lines, the animation style, and the inclusion of the JL. This might be the best animated show on TV right now, at least until (or if?) Avengers comes back. I can only hope the Green Lantern cartoon follows its lead.

I think I did hear them say that there are three Green Lanterns on Earth, with Guy obviously being the third. Maybe Kyle has not become a GL yet during time and universe that this show is taking place. I read that this show takes place in an alternate earth, than New Earth, so thing may be very different. Or maybe Kyle is a GL but hes currently not on Earth, which why they may have said only 3 on Earth...

I was looking forward to this show, before it even aired. The animation style alone got me interested, because it was so cool and the characters looked like actual people. The quality of animation on this show, reminds me of 1980's cartoons, back when animators made human characters resemble actual people, and not resemble some weird creatures with some bizarre artsy-fartsy exaggerated animation style like most modern cartoons. I also enjoy the voice acting, the dark tone, the drama, the humor, and the writing of each episode. I agree this is the best animated show on TV right now, and to be quite honest this series may be the best in terms of animation, since Fox canceled Spider-Man (1994), and X-Men (1992)... Most animated shows after that have moved toward more simplicity in terms of animation...This Young Justice show is the most detailed animation that DC Comics has done on TV, since maybe the 1988 Superman show, or maybe a lesser degree the original Batman the Animated series...

Just read the upcoming episode list for April. It all sounds great. There's just one little issue I have.

I really, really hate Lobo.

I do sort of agree on Guy in so far as he has a certain appeal as a character, although I'm still a Hal and John fan. Did anybody else notice that while they were talking about Guy it was said that "Earth has 3 green Lanterns"? Now perhaps I misheard and they meant "Earth has 3 other GLs", but that is not what I heard. So what about Kyle Rayner? Not that I'm a huge fan or anything, but he is the 4th Earth GL. Is he still part of the "new DC"?

I must admit I didn't think i would like this show that much, but I'm liking it more and more every day. I like the relatively "adult" story-lines, the animation style, and the inclusion of the JL. This might be the best animated show on TV right now, at least until (or if?) Avengers comes back. I can only hope the Green Lantern cartoon follows its lead.

Kyle could also be training on Oa like he was on the JLU cartoon. Either that or the events that lead to him getting the ring never happened.

"Another thing, I don't agree with Wonder Woman's "lie of omission" point of view...where she believed that if one withholds information, then that means that they are a lying... Not everything about someone should be known out in the open... For instance I don't think that Wonder Woman would have answered the Batman or anyone else, if Bats had asked her "Diana do you shave between your legs, or do just sport a natural full-frontal bush instead?..."

So does that make her a liar because she were to decline to answer such a question, and doesn't let the world know out right, that she has a black lion's mane between her legs, that probably runs up into the inside of her butt?... I don't think so...." LMAO - now that is quite a mental image ....very interesting.....

Haha sorry I couldn't help myself. I definitely may be in the minority here, but I prefer women that sport their vaginas as "grown women", the way that God intended it. I was never able to adapt to the shaved kind, (which I call the "Pedo-pie"), because it resembles a prepubescent young girl... But anyway Wonder Woman would probably have a natural, since shes an amazon...haha.

I think I did hear them say that there are three Green Lanterns on Earth, with Guy obviously being the third. Maybe Kyle has not become a GL yet during time and universe that this show is taking place. I read that this show takes place in an alternate earth, than New Earth, so thing may be very different. Or maybe Kyle is a GL but hes currently not on Earth, which why they may have said only 3 on Earth...

I was looking forward to this show, before it even aired. The animation style alone got me interested, because it was so cool and the characters looked like actual people. The quality of animation on this show, reminds me of 1980's cartoons, back when animators made human characters resemble actual people, and not resemble some weird creatures with some bizarre artsy-fartsy exaggerated animation style like most modern cartoons. I also enjoy the voice acting, the dark tone, the drama, the humor, and the writing of each episode. I agree this is the best animated show on TV right now, and to be quite honest this series may be the best in terms of animation, since Fox canceled Spider-Man (1994), and X-Men (1992)... Most animated shows after that have moved toward more simplicity in terms of animation...This Young Justice show is the most detailed animation that DC Comics has done on TV, since maybe the 1988 Superman show, or maybe a lesser degree the original Batman the Animated series...

Actually (LOL) the "Wonder Woman" look is my favorite as well, pretty much for the same reasons you gave. Maybe not some crazy "cabbage patch" (LOL) but at least natural looking. It just looks better to my eyes, what can I say it just looks better to me.

I also agree about the realism of the animation style. I prefer cartoons where characters that are supposed to be human or at least human-like, actually look human. I liked the Spider-Man and X-Men cartoons a lot also.

I also agree about the realism of the animation style. I prefer cartoons where characters that are supposed to be human or at least human-like, actually look human. I liked the Spider-Man and X-Men cartoons a lot also.

I like the animation style myself. Though when I think of realistic animation design I go back to Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians or the Ruby Spears Superman 'toon. As cool as YJ looks, I'd love to see a show done in that style again.

I take it Peter David is not too fond of Spider-Man? Just going by that clone or knock-off or whatever you want to call it.

Either that or Weisman is EXTREMELY proud of his work on Spectacular Spider-Man.

ok why was Huntress a broken lady in a wheelchair?

"There are no happy endings in a life of crime." -Batman

I don't read the comics anymore and didn't know if this happened in them

I don't read the comics anymore and didn't know if this happened in them

I haven't read the comics in years. All I know is that in the show universe Paula Croc was the Huntress/Tigress. She got caught, posibly losing the use of her legs in the bargain, and did 6 years at Club Fed.

Actually (LOL) the "Wonder Woman" look is my favorite as well, pretty much for the same reasons you gave. Maybe not some crazy "cabbage patch" (LOL) but at least natural looking. It just looks better to my eyes, what can I say it just looks better to me.

Haha I don't mind if it looks like a "cabbage patch", just as long as shes not a "kid" haha. For me the more fur she has there, the better...even if it looks like she's gripping a wookie between her legs... I just love it when its gift wrapped, because one has to really dig deep to find the opening and dive in...

Today's episode was OK. The silhouette of the "webslinger" did look and move like Spidey does... It was so similar that I hope that Marvel isn't threatening to sue, due to similar likeness... Everyone is saying that Artemis is the mole, but I have the feeling that its Superboy, since hes basically a "robot" that Luthor is able to control... There was also some serious tension between Artemis and Roy, I thought that it might have gotten physical between the two..... I did miss Robin in this episode, as I wish that he was in every episode...

well lets see:

Miss Martain is really a White Martian in disguise

Superboy is a clone of both Superman and Luthor, and Luthor can cantrol him with just a few words

Aqualad is Black Manta son

Artemis is the daughter of Sportmaster and Tigress

That four out the six orginail members who have bad baggage behind them. I will say this, the writers are not making this easy to figure out.

well lets see:

Miss Martain is really a White Martian in disguise

Superboy is a clone of both Superman and Luthor, and Luthor can cantrol him with just a few words

Aqualad is Black Manta son

Artemis is the daughter of Sportmaster and Tigress

That four out the six orginail members who have bad baggage behind them. I will say this, the writers are not making this easy to figure out.

Right now, I'm thinking John Smith. Nobody, even Red Tornado himself would suspect his own android alter-ego is already awake, functioning, and ease-dropping on everything that happens in the mountain. He'd probably have hacked into the computer system to. The perfect spy.

Im guessing its red arrow hes kind of perfect, hes been putting seeds of doubt throughout the team by bringing up artemis and miss martian as possible moles and who is the one who told about the watchtower/

Im guessing its red arrow hes kind of perfect, hes been putting seeds of doubt throughout the team by bringing up artemis and miss martian as possible moles and who is the one who told about the watchtower/

Yeah, Red Arrow was my original choice.

I wouldn't rule out Robin or Aqualad either. They're the stand-up guys of the team. Writers love to shake that up with a left-field twist.

SPOILER! So don't read this if you don't want to be spoiled! :) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->>>>>

Red Arrow is the mole and actually he's being manipulated by the light to cause mistrust among the team that's why he keeps picking on Artemis. Also Red Arrow isn't actually himself the Roy that is currently on the team is a clone! The real Roy is catured and injured at Cadmus he has also lost an arm so he's in pretty bad shape. That piece of Starro that Sportsmaster stold and when Brain, Ivo, and the rest were working on it. The light and Vandal are gonna use it to take over the Justice League and they already have a piece of it controling the Roy clone.

So I'm wondering, who was the "Spider-man" lookalike? Is that a new character because I've never heard of anybody with those powers in the DCU.

Are DC and Marvel playing nice and not suingeach other over stuff like this.

The character in the show looked like, sounded like and even wise-cracked like Spidey. Am I missing something here?

^That's what we were trying to figure out. I think someone needs to ask Peter David what the deal is since he wrote the episode.