Sign in to follow this  
Wheeljack35

Young Justice Discussion Thread

Not even five minutes into the show and they show Icon and Rocket.........when will these guys be fully intergrated into the DC mainstream.........come on already

I want DC Universe versions too!!!!

• Like 1

I really want a two pack of Icon & Rocket in action figure form so bad. I am glad that Icon is joing the YJ JLA and Rocket is joing the YJ. Mady we will get lucky.

I'm guessing Guy was. I didn't see Hal or John vote in favor of whoever they were voting for.

LOL did you see how fast Jon and Hal said no to him? :P

I have to say that the episode "Agendas" is one of my most favorite episodes in this series so far. I loved the Superman homage with Luthor calling Superboy. I had no idea that Luthor still had access to the penthouse suite, below Grand Central... I was hoping that when Superboy arrived there, he didn't get suckered into opening the lead box.... I also liked the Superboy Prime homage of the S shield carving. I guess it would have been way too graphic and disturbing for a Saturday morning, had he used his fingers instead of heat vision, to carve an S shield into his chest......

I liked that Luthor went ahead and told Conner how Conner is half Kal-El and half Luthor too. I'm still waiting for the part where Luthor whispers the secret code into Conner's ear, and then Conner shaves his head, carves an "L" on his chest, and just goes full-blown Super Luthor trying to eliminate the Young Justice team...

I like how the JLA were discussing different characters, especially Guy Gardner and Plasticman (I also got a chuckle out of Billy Batson's incessant laughing, over O'Brian). I thought it was funny though how the powers that be of this series, drew Plas some longer shorts... But I really liked how the Batman had Captain Marvel's back. The Batman is hardcore in terms of toughness and intellectualism, but has got really soft spot for kids. And Bruce was right, even though Richard suffered similar childhood trauma as he did, Richard didn't turn out a bitter person like Bruce. If anything Richard turned out more like Superman, in terms of mentality and leadership skills. I also like that this series put Hawkgirl back with Hawkman, where she belongs. This was a really great episode, man I love this series.

I love when we see more of the JL

I have to say that the episode "Agendas" is one of my most favorite episodes in this series so far. I loved the Superman homage with Luthor calling Superboy.

Oh I picked up on that as soon as he spoke I hope they do more

It struck me right off how, for a show that takes such great pains to distance itself from any and all preexisting continuity, this episode delved into quite a bit of it.

Luthor's nod to Superman: The Movie.

The Connor/Luthor connection.

The Red Arrow/Guardian connection.

Hal and John's dislike of Guy.

Even a shade or two of Smallville:

Connor being outmatched by a Brainiacesque clone with full Kryptonian powers.

Match's S-scar.

On a side note: The League seems unaware of Miss Martian's true heritage. Is J'Onn? I kinda hope he does know, cause exposure of his collusion in the charade would make for a great League sub-plot down the line.

Hal and John's dislike of Guy

....I got a kick out of that one :P

On a side note: The League seems unaware of Miss Martian's true heritage. Is J'Onn? I kinda hope he does know, cause exposure of his collusion in the charade would make for a great League sub-plot down the line.

What species is she?

What species is she?

White Martian. Which for obvious reasons would call her relation to J'Onn-Boy into question. Plus pretty much everything J'Onn has told the League and/or the Team.

I have to say that the episode "Agendas" is one of my most favorite episodes in this series so far. I loved the Superman homage with Luthor calling Superboy. I had no idea that Luthor still had access to the penthouse suite, below Grand Central... I was hoping that when Superboy arrived there, he didn't get suckered into opening the lead box.... I also liked the Superboy Prime homage of the S shield carving. I guess it would have been way too graphic and disturbing for a Saturday morning, had he used his fingers instead of heat vision, to carve an S shield into his chest......

I liked that Luthor went ahead and told Conner how Conner is half Kal-El and half Luthor too. I'm still waiting for the part where Luthor whispers the secret code into Conner's ear, and then Conner shaves his head, carves an "L" on his chest, and just goes full-blown Super Luthor trying to eliminate the Young Justice team...

I like how the JLA were discussing different characters, especially Guy Gardner and Plasticman (I also got a chuckle out of Billy Batson's incessant laughing, over O'Brian). I thought it was funny though how the powers that be of this series, drew Plas some longer shorts... But I really liked how the Batman had Captain Marvel's back. The Batman is hardcore in terms of toughness and intellectualism, but has got really soft spot for kids. And Bruce was right, even though Richard suffered similar childhood trauma as he did, Richard didn't turn out a bitter person like Bruce. If anything Richard turned out more like Superman, in terms of mentality and leadership skills. I also like that this series put Hawkgirl back with Hawkman, where she belongs. This was a really great episode, man I love this series.

Everything you said was right on. The relationship between HG and John was interesting and made for some good tension on TV but HG should be with HM.....who they made a complete creep in the JLU series. He could of been in a relationship with almost anyone else, it didn't need to be her.

• Like 1

What species is she?

White Martian. Which for obvious reasons would call her relation to J'Onn-Boy into question. Plus pretty much everything J'Onn has told the League and/or the Team.

Oh thats right...I thought White Martians looked much different

But I really liked how the Batman had Captain Marvel's back. The Batman is hardcore in terms of toughness and intellectualism, but has got really soft spot for kids.

I kinda like what Bruce Greenwood said of Batman in a quote from one of his Young Justice interviews. I don't remember the exact wording (and I'm to lazy to go find it), but basically, he says "This is a younger, less scarred Batman."

I took that to mean he hasn't gone through the great failures of Batman's life yet, the things that change a man. Broken by Bane, the falling out with Dick, Barbara's shooting, Jason's murder, so on. All the things that really made him hard as time went on. Hence, he dosen't feel the need to come down as hard as say Batman from Under the Red Hood or Doom.

So I don't think its so much that he's got a "soft spot," he just isn't such a d**k yet.

I love when we see more of the JL

I have to say that the episode "Agendas" is one of my most favorite episodes in this series so far. I loved the Superman homage with Luthor calling Superboy.

Oh I picked up on that as soon as he spoke I hope they do more

Yea, I'm hoping too.

Everything you said was right on. The relationship between HG and John was interesting and made for some good tension on TV but HG should be with HM.....who they made a complete creep in the JLU series. He could of been in a relationship with almost anyone else, it didn't need to be her.

Yea man, seriously.... I don't understand why they couldn't bring in Katma Tui, for John...I also hated how JLU made Hawkman seem like "the other guy", but hey atleast James Remar voiced him. I'm a big Remar fan, Ajax would've kicked John Stewart's ass... Hawkman and Hawkgirl belong together... Then again in Timm's universe he made Lois Lane and Wonder Woman have a thing for the Batman... We all know that Lois belongs to Clark, and that Wonder Woman has always wanted a piece of Superman... I'm glad that this series is taking it back to the comics, just look at how Wonder Woman hovers around and touches Superman, you could clearly see how she has a thing for him... He to a lesser degree probably a thing for her too, but he's "too professional and moral" to give in... Then again if he gave in, he would probably kill Diana haha....

But I really liked how the Batman had Captain Marvel's back. The Batman is hardcore in terms of toughness and intellectualism, but has got really soft spot for kids.

I kinda like what Bruce Greenwood said of Batman in a quote from one of his Young Justice interviews. I don't remember the exact wording (and I'm to lazy to go find it), but basically, he says "This is a younger, less scarred Batman."

I took that to mean he hasn't gone through the great failures of Batman's life yet, the things that change a man. Broken by Bane, the falling out with Dick, Barbara's shooting, Jason's murder, so on. All the things that really made him hard as time went on. Hence, he dosen't feel the need to come down as hard as say Batman from Under the Red Hood or Doom.

So I don't think its so much that he's got a "soft spot," he just isn't such a d**k yet.

Maybe so, but you have to admit though Bruce has always had a thing kids... He's a protector of them, because he see's himself in them. A psychologist once told me, that the character of Bruce Wayne/the Batman identifies more with children, than with adults, because due to his psychological trauma of his parents murder during childhood, the trauma has left him psychologically stuck of his childhood feelings. Which is why he identifies more with kids, than he does adults... Say what you will about the Batman (I know Ive said a few things before), but out of the JLA hes the one that tends to go out of his way the most, for kid's well being.

Maybe so, but you have to admit though Bruce has always had a thing kids... He's a protector of them, because he see's himself in them. A psychologist once told me, that the character of Bruce Wayne/the Batman identifies more with children, than with adults, because due to his psychological trauma of his parents murder during childhood, the trauma has left him psychologically stuck of his childhood feelings. Which is why he identifies more with kids, than he does adults... Say what you will about the Batman (I know Ive said a few things before), but out of the JLA hes the one that tends to go out of his way the most, for kid's well being.

I agree he suffers the children, but to use your YJ example, Bruce went to bat for Billy because he felt, as a child, Billy was ill-equiped to defend himself against Wonder Woman and Black Canary's well meant badgering. He may or may not have bothered to do the same for say, Flash or Green Arrow, not because he felt some special "identification" with Billy as a ten year old, or even that Barry and Ollie would've somehow been less deserving of his support, but because Billy had the greater need. Barry and Ollie can take care of themselves.

As any parent will tell you, you love all your kids the same, but the little ones need special attention.

While we're on the subject of kids, something else occured to me about Agendas. Considering how Black Canary is officially one of the team's trainers, and has been all mother hen around the kids in every other appearance, doesn't Dinah's condescending attitude toward Captain Marvel seem kind of odd. Maybe I read to much into the line, but it just came off so... snarky.

I'm gonna assume it was just some coin-toss situation with the writers to decide which Leaguer would get to tell Billy what to go do with himself, cause as a life-long Canary fan, and considering her past portrayal on YJ, I'm just not comfortable with Canary being rewritten as the sterotypical cartoon "mean girl."

Then again, in my twisted imagination, I also like to imagine Dinah had a thing for the Big Red Cheese, which would seem a bit awkward upon finding out the subject of her romantic fantasies is still in elementary school. Hence, projection of hostility and... snark.

Then again, in my twisted imagination, I also like to imagine Dinah had a thing for the Big Red Cheese, which would seem a bit awkward upon finding out the subject of her romantic fantasies is still in elementary school. Hence, projection of hostility and... snark.

Unfortunately if that was the case (which I strongly believe that its not, and hope its not), it wouldn't be the first time that a female teacher tries to pursue or have a thing for a student... Its become a trend in the recent years, if you follow news reports...

Another thing, what the hell was the deal with Miss Martian turning into Canary and kissing Superboy?? I though that it might have been some fantasy that Superboy may have for Canary, and Megan was just trying to fulfill it for him... Yea I know its a "Martian Game" or whatever, but still...there's got to be a deeper reason behind that one...

Another thing, what the hell was the deal with Miss Martian turning into Canary and kissing Superboy?? I though that it might have been some fantasy that Superboy may have for Canary, and Megan was just trying to fulfill it for him... Yea I know its a "Martian Game" or whatever, but still...there's got to be a deeper reason behind that one...

Ooo, good point. I forgot about the Miss Martian thing. Megan puts on a "Canary-Skin Suit" to help get Connor's rocks off, and Canary catches them at it. Maybe her attidude toward Cap is an indicator she isn't as over it as she led Miss Martian to believe, and she's taking it out on Billy, another kid pretending to be something he's not.

I find it interesting that the Justice League is showing up more and more on the show. Not that I'm complaining, I love to see those characters, especially Hal and John and Hawkman and Hawkgirl.

It looks like the writers/producers are trying to blend Young Justice into continuity, at least whatever passes for DC continuity these days.

I also found it hilarious to see the immediate; and negative reaction Hal and John had to Guy being inducted into the League.

Ooo, good point. I forgot about the Miss Martian thing. Megan puts on a "Canary-Skin Suit" to help get Connor's rocks off, and Canary catches them at it. Maybe her attidude toward Cap is an indicator she isn't as over it as she led Miss Martian to believe, and she's taking it out on Billy, another kid pretending to be something he's not.

Haha Yeah really... But hopefully Billy doesn't piss her off too much, because Canary is the last woman that anyone in the DCU would want to be screamed by...for obvious reasons...

Another thing, I don't agree with Wonder Woman's "lie of omission" point of view...where she believed that if one withholds information, then that means that they are a lying... Not everything about someone should be known out in the open... For instance I don't think that Wonder Woman would have answered the Batman or anyone else, if Bats had asked her "Diana do you shave between your legs, or do just sport a natural full-frontal bush instead?..."

So does that make her a liar because she were to decline to answer such a question, and doesn't let the world know out right, that she has a black lion's mane between her legs, that probably runs up into the inside of her butt?... I don't think so.... So then why would she say Billy was lying, just cause he didn't tell anyone his age... Its not like he was asked out right if hes an adult or not... so I don't agree with her point of view of what a "lie" is...

I find it interesting that the Justice League is showing up more and more on the show. Not that I'm complaining, I love to see those characters, especially Hal and John and Hawkman and Hawkgirl.

It looks like the writers/producers are trying to blend Young Justice into continuity, at least whatever passes for DC continuity these days.

I also found it hilarious to see the immediate; and negative reaction Hal and John had to Guy being inducted into the League.

Haha yea the Gardner part was hilarious... I know that Guy can be an arrogant d*ck, and bit of a cowboy and loose canon, but I still like him. He was the first Green Lantern that I first introduce to in the comics, during the early 1990's...even though I knew about Hal first, through the Super Friends cartoon. Even as a kid before I even knew anything about Gardner, I thought that his smirk made him seem like an arrogant know-it-all... His skirmish face does fit his personality... But in all fairness Hal and John shouldn't be so negative against Guy, after all his personality was altered, due to the psyche damage that he once had...he was supposed to be the Green Lantern at the same time as Hal, but the ring was closer to Hal's location...also Guy never became Lantern before Stewart because of the psychological damage Guy got, and was still recovering...so John was chosen after Hal.... But still, that instant response from Hal and John about Guy was hilarious...

That's one of my favorite parts of this show, that you see members of t he JLA and Junior members in t he form of Young Justice... It my opinion the JLA members appearing side by side with their proteges, are one of the things that makes this show great. The JLA go on missions, while they send their junior members (the Young Justice members), on their own missions.

"Another thing, I don't agree with Wonder Woman's "lie of omission" point of view...where she believed that if one withholds information, then that means that they are a lying... Not everything about someone should be known out in the open... For instance I don't think that Wonder Woman would have answered the Batman or anyone else, if Bats had asked her "Diana do you shave between your legs, or do just sport a natural full-frontal bush instead?..."

So does that make her a liar because she were to decline to answer such a question, and doesn't let the world know out right, that she has a black lion's mane between her legs, that probably runs up into the inside of her butt?... I don't think so...." LMAO - now that is quite a mental image ....very interesting.....

I do sort of agree on Guy in so far as he has a certain appeal as a character, although I'm still a Hal and John fan. Did anybody else notice that while they were talking about Guy it was said that "Earth has 3 green Lanterns"? Now perhaps I misheard and they meant "Earth has 3 other GLs", but that is not what I heard. So what about Kyle Rayner? Not that I'm a huge fan or anything, but he is the 4th Earth GL. Is he still part of the "new DC"?

I must admit I didn't think i would like this show that much, but I'm liking it more and more every day. I like the relatively "adult" story-lines, the animation style, and the inclusion of the JL. This might be the best animated show on TV right now, at least until (or if?) Avengers comes back. I can only hope the Green Lantern cartoon follows its lead.

I must admit I didn't think i would like this show that much, but I'm liking it more and more every day. I like the relatively "adult" story-lines, the animation style, and the inclusion of the JL. This might be the best animated show on TV right now, at least until (or if?) Avengers comes back. I can only hope the Green Lantern cartoon follows its lead.

It is going to be a battle between Young Justice, Thundercats, and The Avengers (which is scheduled to air in a couple of days). Each of these shows has mature storylines so let' see what happens with these bad boys. I hope competition leads to all of them being really, really good.