Young Justice Discussion Thread

Wheeljack35

Today's episode was OK. The silhouette of the "webslinger" did look and move like Spidey does... It was so similar that I hope that Marvel isn't threatening to sue, due to similar likeness... Everyone is saying that Artemis is the mole, but I have the feeling that its Superboy, since hes basically a "robot" that Luthor is able to control... There was also some serious tension between Artemis and Roy, I thought that it might have gotten physical between the two..... I did miss Robin in this episode, as I wish that he was in every episode...

well lets see:

Miss Martain is really a White Martian in disguise

Superboy is a clone of both Superman and Luthor, and Luthor can cantrol him with just a few words

Aqualad is Black Manta son

Artemis is the daughter of Sportmaster and Tigress

That four out the six orginail members who have bad baggage behind them. I will say this, the writers are not making this easy to figure out.

SPOILER! So don't read this if you don't want to be spoiled! :) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->>>>>

Red Arrow is the mole and actually he's being manipulated by the light to cause mistrust among the team that's why he keeps picking on Artemis. Also Red Arrow isn't actually himself the Roy that is currently on the team is a clone! The real Roy is catured and injured at Cadmus he has also lost an arm so he's in pretty bad shape. That piece of Starro that Sportsmaster stold and when Brain, Ivo, and the rest were working on it. The light and Vandal are gonna use it to take over the Justice League and they already have a piece of it controling the Roy clone.

So I'm wondering, who was the "Spider-man" lookalike? Is that a new character because I've never heard of anybody with those powers in the DCU.

Are DC and Marvel playing nice and not suingeach other over stuff like this.

The character in the show looked like, sounded like and even wise-cracked like Spidey. Am I missing something here?

He's a real character. He's the Black Spider,he's a Batman Villain.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Black_Spider

Wow! Thanks pavan007!

I've been a DC fan for years and have never even seen a glimpse of this character before. I'm surprised Marvel didn't sue when DC brought him out.

Young Justice is really bringing out ALL the many different (and obscure) DC characters and giving them their moment in the sun. Its nice to see them explore the very rich and diverse DCU, I like that ...a lot.

The Black Spider on Young Justice was also voiced by Josh Keaton, who is known as one of the actors to voice Peter Parker/Spidey in cartoons and video games... I tell you Marvel has been really "cool" about this, it seems... I could imagine what would happen if Marvel had put a character similar to the Batman, in one of their books or shows... Would Time Warner have shown mercy??

The reason that spider character even sounded like Spiderman is because it was a voice actor(J Keaton) who has actually done a Spiderman in the past. I think he was the voice for the Amazing Spiderman Animated show a few years back that not many liked because they changed almost all the characters origins, The art style was alittle wierd also.

Josh also plays Hal Jordan in the Green Lantern animated.

The reason that spider character even sounded like Spiderman is because it was a voice actor(J Keaton) who has actually done a Spiderman in the past. I think he was the voice for the Amazing Spiderman Animated show a few years back that not many liked because they changed almost all the characters origins, The art style was alittle wierd also.

I wasn't just referring to the sound of his voice; which as you pointed out is the same actor. I was referring also to the fact that the character was complaining about being "on deadline" as if he was a reporter like Peter Parker. It not only sounded like Spider-man voice-wise, but character-wise as well.

Looking forward to Saturday's YJ. Although, I have to admit, the going undercover to investigate a circus thing? It sounds a little... Scooby Doo. Still, it serves the purpose of getting Robin back to Hayley's. That's the important part.

Also looks to be another Aqualad-lite episode. When did Kaldur become the Mike Nesmith of the Team?

I'm looking forward to that, I pause for anything related to Richard Grayson. And to answer your question about Hyde, he probably became Newsmith, probably right around the time that Conner became the 1980's rage-filled Sean Penn....

I was a little confused by the Flying Graysons poster. Are they trying to say Dick had siblings?

I read that In this universe the Grayson family was much bigger. But like Mako said there were more members of the Flying Graysons in this universe, besides just Mary, John, and Richard.

Great episode today, I loved that Richard took control of the team again. I find it funny every time that Conner juices up by using Luthor's patches, his roid rage just reaches new levels after every hit. It was also great to have Clancy Brown voice acting in this episode. Mr. Brown's appearance makes me think that there may be a chance that even Tim Daly or Kevin Conroy, may be guest voices on this show too...that would be really cool.

I like Clancey Brown hes done some fantastic movies and some great work on superman and ever the new green lantern series

Yea man that guy is a great actor. Some of the roles that stick out in my mind of his is the Kurgan, where was a dark and sadistic immortal. Then there's "Viking" an underage criminal which he played in the movie "Bad Boys" opposite Sean Penn. Then there's "Gus the zombie cop" from Pet Sematary 2, which was basically "the Kurgan 2.0" haha. Then there was the sadistic prison guard Hadley in the Shawshank Redemption, where he beat the crap out of unruly prisoners (specifically the "sisters"), and where he spoke about mouse farts within his threats.... He was also in Starship Troopers where he played Sgt. Zim opposite Michael Ironside as Rasczak. In Starship Troopers it was a bit of a Superman Animated series/(future JL/JLU) union, where you had both Mr. Brown (Luthor), and Mr. Ironside (Darkseid), be in the same live-action movie.

• Like 1

I like Clancey Brown hes done some fantastic movies and some great work on superman and ever the new green lantern series

Its funny he isn't Lex Luthor in this

I think he is the best at playing Luthor

You have to wonder what little kids would think if they knew the guy who voiced Mr.Krabs also played all of these bad guys.

:D Until you mentioned it, I forgot he did voicework on Spongebob. Clancy Brown was great as Lex Luthor, he defined the animated version of that character just as much as Mark Hamil perfected the Joker. Besides Highlander, Bad Boys and The Shawshank Redemption, Brown was also great in the movie, Blue Steel.

This was another great episode of Young Justice. The show continues to grab my interest with great storylines and good character development. I was glad to see Parasite make his first appearance in the show, hope to see more villains pop-up from all over the DCU.