Young Justice Discussion Thread

Wheeljack35

The last two episodes were deep, I like how they give a decent explanation for the change in Garth for Beast Boy, it was an improved origin IMO even though the original is fine too.

Funny because for a show that is about young adults it may be darker than Justice League.

• Like 1

The last two episodes were deep, I like how they give a decent explanation for the change in Garth for Beast Boy, it was an improved origin IMO even though the original is fine too.

Funny because for a show that is about young adults it may be darker than Justice League.

I reckognized his name but forgot who he was..This will explain the shape shifting and the green skin.I hope we see him again soon

I reckognized his name but forgot who he was..This will explain the shape shifting and the green skin.I hope we see him again soon

For sure, I love how they made his personality which was a great indicator how Beast Boy is. Young Justice is by far the best toon on TV, seconded by TC

I would'nt call 'em deep, but the last was certainly a step in the right direction. I mean we get it, Dick is irreverent, Wally is horny, Megan is all "gee-whiz," Connor is the second coming of Kevin Levin, and Artemis is a chick version of Connor. Now lets see some of these characters expanded on.

I especially wanna see the dark places they take Miss Martian to. I mean, this is a girl who's lied to her surrogate family from day one, was willing to leave Kaldur to die in the desert because she has the hots for Superboy, and mind blasted her entire team to keep her little white lie a secret. If they do it right, I see her becoming YJ's equivalent of Teen Titans' Raven.

A cartoon on TV in which an uncle was trying to murder his niece..........pretty deep to me

Miss Martian lying to everyone and almost having a psychological breakdown about looks and the implications about love.........pretty deep to me.

Thank you for clearing that up. That's what I was wondering about when I asked and got dinged for it.

I would'nt call 'em deep, but the last was certainly a step in the right direction. I mean we get it, Dick is irreverent, Wally is horny, Megan is all "gee-whiz," Connor is the second coming of Kevin Levin, and Artemis is a chick version of Connor. Now lets see some of these characters expanded on.

I especially wanna see the dark places they take Miss Martian to. I mean, this is a girl who's lied to her surrogate family from day one, was willing to leave Kaldur to die in the desert because she has the hots for Superboy, and mind blasted her entire team to keep her little white lie a secret. If they do it right, I see her becoming YJ's equivalent of Teen Titans' Raven.

A cartoon on TV in which an uncle was trying to murder his niece..........pretty deep to me

Miss Martian lying to everyone and almost having a psychological breakdown about looks and the implications about love.........pretty deep to me.

I'll give you this, for the network that brings us Adventure Time and Regular Show, yeah those things were deep. Compared to the Trigon or Terra archs from Titans, or the Tyger Tyger or Two-Face origin episodes from B:TAS, or even the Apokolips Now! two parter from Superman: The Animated Series, Weisman is still playing in puddles.

You wanna see deep Weisman, check Gargoyles, now that's deep.

Let CN get off the man's back for a while, stop playing around with the time-slot, give him some space, you'll see deep Young Justice.

The episodes you mentioned were very dark, the darkness of those episodes are what makes the difference from the YJ shows we were talking about..

You mentioned Gargoyles, I have heard that series was dark but I have only viewed a handful of episodes. I think I need to view those.

I think you may get your wish concerning the depth of Young Justice stories.

Given the direction that Young justice appears to be going with the "Megan is a white martian" storyline and the lengths to which she seems willing to go to in order to conceal that fact, it certainly shows a lot of promise. Of course; they could fall back on the "Kid flash is a horny teenager" stuff, but the recent story with KF showed some promise there as well.

Bottom line is I wish there was more animated stuff of the quality that Young Justice is showing right now. The Avengers show has a lot of potential, but when was the last time we saw a new episode?

I don't remember Gargoyles being dark..It's Disney for crying out loud

They repeat it on Disney each morning at 4am for those who want to see it

Don't let the mouse fool you, I've seen Disney go pretty "F"ing dark. As for Gargoyles, lets just say pound for pound, it was Gargoyles then Batman: The Animated Series back in the day.

That's why I was so stoked to see Weisman attached to Young Justice.

I'll say it again I don't remember Gargoyles being dark..I have seen them recently

the mix of voices on this thing is so weird!

The common link here is voice casting director Andrea Romano, who's casted just about all of DC's recent animated projects as well as Avatar: The Last Air Bender.

i have project to!

I don't remember Gargoyles being dark..It's Disney for crying out loud

They repeat it on Disney each morning at 4am for those who want to see it

Don't let the mouse fool you, I've seen Disney go pretty "F"ing dark. As for Gargoyles, lets just say pound for pound, it was Gargoyles then Batman: The Animated Series back in the day.

That's why I was so stoked to see Weisman attached to Young Justice.

I'll say it again I don't remember Gargoyles being dark..I have seen them recently

I don't know what to say. It's darkness is one of the main things the show is known for.

It pays attention to Shakespeare and other myths but it isn't dark